USARK NO More - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:39 AM   #1
RichsBallPythons
USARK NO More

Quote:
Just about an hour ago Herp Nation broke the news about the creation of a new organization (United States Herpetoculture Alliance, Inc.) formed by Andrew Wyatt (and a team of others), and now we receive this news. Herp Nation has learned just moments ago that Andrew Wyatt has tendered his resignation as CEO and president of USARK, the organization that he co-founded in 2008, due to “philosophical differences” and “in order to pursue other interests“, effective December 31, 2012. Wyatt told Herp Nation that he “wishes nothing but the best for the reptile industry.”

Herp Nation’s Dan Krull will be conducting an exclusive interview with Andrew Wyatt, so keep it locked here on HerpNation.com for those details. Herp Nation has contacted USARK for a statement and/or interview, and will bring you that as soon as we hear from USARK on this developing story.

Scott Waters
HerpNation.com

Wonder why the sudden change and take off with no word to anyone as to why. The new organization Seems to Andrews as well from what I been reading. Whats the reasoning behind this by shutting down the FB page, and im sure the site will remain up to keep getting donations.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:41 AM   #2
RichsBallPythons
Another

Quote:
Herp Nation has learned that Andrew Wyatt, Doug Price, Kim Thomas, and Erika Chen-Walsh have founded and incorporated a new non-profit organization called the “United States Herpetoculture Alliance, Inc.”

Andrew was not available for a phone interview, but did tell us the following via email just moments ago….

“Herp Alliance is an alliance of researchers, zoo professionals, breeders and hobbyists dedicated to promoting responsible herpetoculture of all herpetofauna (including constrictors, venomous, varanids and crocodilians) for conservation, research, commercial and non-commercial purposes so that herpetoculture does not become an endeavor limited to the species mass produced and mass imported for sale through big box pet stores in the pet trade.”

When asked about the goals of the Herp Alliance, Andrew added, “Herp Alliance goals include the following. To protect the ability of breeders, zoos and researchers to easily transport herpetofauna across state lines. To file a federal lawsuit against US Fish & Wildlife Service to counteract the recent constrictor rule applying to the Lacey Act. To prevent the Humane Society of the United States at the state level from passing reptile bans similar to SB310 in Ohio, which was supported and endorsed by the pet industry. To create a legal fund for herpetoculture issues. To raise money for herp conservation and research.”

Stay tuned to Herp Nation for more details as they become available on this developing story.

Scott Waters
HerpNation.com

Old 01-01-2013, 03:12 AM   #3
Shadera
So what happens to all the funds USARK generated under the guise of the lawsuit? Does USARK continue on as a separate entity, but doing what sounds like the exact same stuff? And lastly, how the heck does dividing the group even more help any sort of cause? One always undermines the efforts of the other.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:04 AM   #4
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
So what happens to all the funds USARK generated under the guise of the lawsuit?
Good question. And did they know of the pending dissolution as they collected money?
The new group is pursuing funding for legal issues as well.

From another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren_Booth View Post
I can look into that. However I think most of the general public can also, in terms of the required amount needed to bring forward such as case. Its around $150,000. Let me bring this up with the board and see if we can get a firm outline put together for the website.

I can assure you that there is no mishandling of funds by the USARK board. We volunteer our service. The only paid member of USARK will be the President.

Let me look into seeing about getting an outline put together.

Warren
I wonder if the persistent calls for financial transparency initiated some sort of meltdown?

Old 01-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
ShadowAceD
I'm interested to find out what occurred to, but the title of this thread is misleading.

It does not appear USARK has disbanded. USARK is more than just Andrew. He stepped down as CEO and is pursuing another organization.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #6
GMTIRRILL
i am not surprised by this move by Mr Wyatt in a way it makes sense. i don't think USARK is done. what has happened seems to be more of a planned action to put more weight up against HSUS and they're allies. having two organizations putting lawsuits together puts pressure on the lobbyist for banning constrictors and other reptiles. this second organization that Mr. Wyatt is building sounds to me like he his trying to bring scientific community backing to our side now will this work maybe.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
Mooing Tricycle
This will be a powerful move, lets just watch and see.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #8
tarawr
What bothers me a good deal is, despite questioning the vanishing of the FB page for USARK, there has been no answer at all... does anyone here know what is with that?? It does seem as if USARK is falling apart...

Old 01-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #9
GREGORY J HALL
I believe USARK was comprised of some of the industry leaders like Ralp Davis,Kevin Mcurley and others ???? am I wrong?

Old 01-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #10
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORY J HALL View Post
I believe USARK was comprised of some of the industry leaders like Ralp Davis,Kevin Mcurley and others ???? am I wrong?
nope not wrong

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!