New guy from sw Louisiana - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:33 PM   #1
Tat2highway
New guy from sw Louisiana

Howdy. My names Wes. I have a small reptile collection I started back in November. They consist of my African fat tailed gecko, my patternless leopard gecko, my tiny Sonoran gopher snake, and a adult albino Nelson's milk snake. I also currently have 9 tarantulas. 2x Chaco gold knee, 2x Honduran curly hairs, a Texas tan, a Mexican redrump, a Guatemalan red rump, a Mexican red knee, and a rose hair. I def plan on expanding my collection. I should be picking up a San Diego gopher snake and a albino Japanese rat snake in a few weeks. Drymarchons are currently holding my interest. Hence how I ended up here. Well.. I'm off to browse. Figured I'd intro myself first.
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2017, 06:45 PM   #2
elena
Welcome! Good luck with the climacophora, a personal fave.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:31 PM   #3
Robert Walker
Welcome Wesley and enjoy the site!

Old 01-31-2017, 03:52 PM   #4
Tat2highway
Elena... How is there temperament? I've read mixed opinions in this. I handle my snakes quite a bit, so I feel I can adapt it to being more docile with regular handling. Any tips or pointers?

Robert walker... thanks bud. I've enjoyed it so far for sure

Old 01-31-2017, 04:11 PM   #5
elena
Climacophora start out defensive, hissing, rattling and striking. I have not found them to be muskers. With gentle handling and increased size they become quite docile. I have never been bitten by a climac that was over a year old, and I didn't have to handle them constantly to get there. So, handling helps, so does simply growing up. I will qualify these statements by saying that I worked exclusively with Kunisir animals, and sometimes animals of different localities have different personalities, such as is seen in GTPs, BCI, and D'albert's pythons. Hope that helps.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:35 PM   #6
Tat2highway
It does tons actually. Thanks. I'm pretty excited about picking it up. Real yellow the first half of it and the last half is more pinkish. Such a beautiful animal. I'm looking even more forward to owning it. I love animals with personality.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:08 PM   #7
elena
Be sure to post a pic in the ratsnake forum when you get it. How old will it be when you receive it?

Old 01-31-2017, 10:46 PM   #8
Tat2highway
I for sure will. Don't really know the age. Pretty sure it's still considered a baby. About 18"-20". It's been at petco for a few months now. They are asking $180, but a buddy of mine that works there can get her for me half off since she has sat for awhile. Same way I got my Sonoran gopher for $25. He is also the fellow I will be getting the san Diego gopher snake from as well. The sd gopher I will be getting is about double the size of the one I have now. I'll include some pics in the post so u can check em out.
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2017, 11:30 PM   #9
elena
Gorgeous Sonoran, love the striping. At 18" or more, your climac will be at least a year old if not older. They start pretty small.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:07 AM   #10
Tat2highway
How big do they get I've read 3ft-6ft. Not really sure which to believe. Lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!