Hello from South Eastern GA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 02-17-2017, 05:11 PM   #1
kyrenthia
Talking Hello from South Eastern GA

Hello Everyone!

I'm excited to finally register for this wonderful site! I've been a lurker for a bit and finally decided to stop being a bit of a creep and join the community.

I'm relatively new to reptiles. My parents wouldn't let me have any as a kid and it took way longer than it should have for me to realize I'm an adult and moved out. So my first reptile was a giant hypo tangerine carrot tail baldy Leopard Gecko, actually... three giant leopard geckos, two females and a male. I realized after the purchase that maybe three was a bit much, but I absolutely love all three of them. The two females are named Cambria and Ambellina while the male is named Mr. Wizard. I purchased them back in September.

A couple of months later, I decided I wanted to get a young leopard gecko to raise since my three were over a year old and coming up on two. I ended up purchasing a four to five month old super snow eclipse leopard gecko. I named her Sindra and she has the most sassy personality out of all of my geckos. I promised myself no more reptiles for a while.

Soooooo about a month later, I had a co-worker message me about a lizard they found in the office. The lizard was tiny and it was extremely cold outside so they didn't want to just release it. It was a very young Green Anole. I ended up taking care of him and his name is Sam. He is extremely entertaining and loves to watch me work on things.

I once again told myself no more, so last Thursday I received a Western Hognose Snake. She is absolutely gorgeous and I'm looking forward to getting to know her personality. I named her Jyn Erso.

That's the extent of my personal reptile experience for now. I've done a ton of research on other species and I have a list of future pets, but it will have to wait until I have more room.

Besides Reptiles, my main interest is technology. I work in the IT department for a school district currently, but my real passion is web site design. I have a website that I've been working on that I'm hoping to share with you all at some point. I just have a few more things I want to finish on it first. I would love any feedback once I have it up!

Uhh Hobby wise, I spend a lot of my free time playing video games. I've always played on an Xbox and I think I always will (don't hate me if you are a playstation person, I do own a PS4 as well). I also have an insane PC that I never use for gaming despite building it for that very purpose.

I guess that's enough about me.

I'm looking forward to getting to know others on this forum!

Oh, and here is a ridiculously big picture of Jyn!

Old 02-17-2017, 05:24 PM   #2
snowgyre
Welcome to the site, Carly! I'm not that far from your neck of the woods, about two hours or so away over in Tifton. We've got a pretty strong reptile community here in Georgia surprisingly enough. We're not well represented on Fauna, most of us hang out on Facebook, but Fauna's not a bad place to hang out either. If you ever have questions feel free to PM me!

Old 02-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #3
JButera
Hello Carly

Old 02-17-2017, 05:55 PM   #4
Robert Walker
Ditto, welcome Carly. Enjoy!

Old 02-17-2017, 06:17 PM   #5
Randall Turner
Welcome to the forum. As you figured out, reptiles tend to have a habit of
multiplying quickly despite our intentions to avoid that from happening.

Swear to yourself no more, and bam another one just happens to catch your eye.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!