DiverDave in San Diego or From Reefs to Reps - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:16 PM   #1
DiverDave
DiverDave in San Diego or From Reefs to Reps

Hello,

Since somewhere around 1995 I became interested in keeping saltwater Reef environments and keeping fish and invertebrates. A few periods of on and off but from 2004 through 2016, pretty steady through a variety of different sizes and shapes.

2009 I took a trip to the Big Island of HI and met P. Laticauda, or the Gold Dust Day Gecko. Something stuck as the last year I've moved off of reef tanks and into terrariums. I currently have one pair (two clutches so far) and an obnoxious female in a seperate home.

I've made a few contacts here on FC and soon hope to have a pair/few P Grandis as my next husbandry endeavor.. Thanks to Jon, Rob, and Matthew for their time, insight and encouragement as I start my next few steps. Hoping to meet more fellow herp keepers so please do reach out and let me know who you are and what you're up to!

Cheers,
DiverDave

Old 03-21-2017, 12:23 AM   #2
elena
Welcome! I always find that reef keepers make great reptile keepers. You guys have the eye for tiny details and precise conditions. I'm sure you will be quite the successful gecko keeper!

Old 03-22-2017, 12:07 PM   #3
Donald C
Welcome to the site! Those are some fantastic setups there.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!