New York Anti-Herp Legislation A2869 - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #11
hhmoore
Don't forget to include (insert desired descriptor here, if desired) Governor Cuomo in your list of addressees.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #12
Bruce Lowder
I have already been in touch with the sponsoring Assemblywoman's office, and they told me that they were currently working on a revised version of the proposal, and acknowledged the unclear wording of the initial version. I did make clear several strong concerns from NY reptile owners about the current version!

The impression that I received from the conversation was that they are not looking to expand the number of restricted species in NY beyond those already listed, but rather increase the penalties of violations, especially if someone is injured (the horrible chimp attack in CT a couple of years back being the example used).

Several versions of this bill have been introduced since 2009, and none have gone past the initial review of the Agriculture Committee of the state assembly.

I will be very interested to see the revised version, and plan to vigorously lobby the reviewing Agriculture Committee as needed.

Bruce Lowder
NY Metro Reptile Expo

Old 02-07-2013, 03:16 AM   #13
Badgsx
I was going to say, aren't all the reptiles listed already banned in New York.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!