Porphapalooza...show off your Asian Rats - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-31-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
gila7150
Porphapalooza...show off your Asian Rats

I was cleaning cages today and took a few pics. I'd love to see everyone's Asian ratsnakes.
Here are some of mine...

Coxi female from Charis

Coxi male from Sarpamitra

My female laticinctus

vaillanti (going in to shed)

pulchra

My 2014 female Gonyosoma

Male gonyosoma exploring while I'm cleaning his cage

My silver phase big female is in shed and I wasn't in the mood to give blood tonight
Lets see some more Asian rats....anyone working with janseni?

Old 08-08-2014, 06:15 AM   #2
dieselfan
Holy smokes you have some beautiful asian rats! Thank you for posting pics!

Old 08-08-2014, 09:36 AM   #3
gila7150
Thanks! My female Gonyosoma finally shed. It's hard to get good pics of her because she doesn't cooperate and I try to avoid stressing them out. The greens are beautiful but I really like all the yellow flecking that some of the silver phase ones have.

Old 08-08-2014, 05:44 PM   #4
dieselfan
She is absolutely stunning Chris!! If you end up breeding them down the road please put me down for one of your first born silver phase Oxycephalum!!

Old 08-08-2014, 10:25 PM   #5
gila7150
Thanks! I'm going to give it a shot next year. I've read quite a bit on them and it seems like the incubation is the challenging part with breeding these guys. I hope to see more of us having success with breeding Gonyosoma in the U.S.
They are awesome to work with but the WC ones don't seem to do very well without lots of preventative treatment and a little luck as well. My green ones are captive hatched but this girl was an import. She finished her regimen of Panacur and Flagyl and has been eating F/T rat pups like a pig. She'll be in quarantine for several more months but she's doing awesome so far (knock on wood).

Old 08-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #6
Charis
Here are my Asian rats.

Jayne, male O. p. laticincta.

Vera, female O. p. laticincta.

Serenity, female O. p. coxi.

Atari, male O. p. coxi.

River, female O. p. coxi. Clutch sibling to Serenity.

Inara, female Mandarin rat.

Malcolm, male Mandarin rat.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:02 PM   #7
Charis
That vaillanti is great looking! We are hoping to get a pair of vaillanti at some point. Maybe a pair of pulchra too. If we can find some ...

Old 08-28-2014, 10:37 PM   #8
gila7150
Beautiful snakes! I really like your mandarins a lot. I just purchased a juvenile male...I hope he turns out that nice.

I really like the vaillanti too. They're beauty is more subtle than some of the other porphs but they have really cool deep red dorsal stripes and pink undertones on the ventral scales. I need to find a male for her at some point.

Unfortunately, I think I was mistaken about my pulchra being gravid. I witnessed copulation and she had me fooled for a while but she is no longer looking gravid. I'm not sure what happened but I'll try again next year.
Attached Images

Old 08-29-2014, 11:33 AM   #9
Charis
Wow, love that last picture!

Sorry to hear that about your pulchra.

We are going to be attempting to breed our Mandarins next year, hopefully we have some luck with that!

Old 09-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #10
gila7150
C'mon....Charis and I can't be the only ones keeping Asian rats.
Here's a couple more...my camera shy mandarin, a baby beauty and my male Gonyosoma during cage cleaning.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!