Who are the bad guys that I shouldn't deal with? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-04-2002, 11:37 AM   #1
Bubafat
Question Who are the bad guys that I shouldn't deal with?

As a somewhat intellegent consumer, I hope to not get ripped off by not dealing with deadbeat people. I have been out of herping for a while so I feel kind of out of the loop when it comes to who's trustworthy and who isn't. I was wondering if some of you who have been around here for a while would do me the favor of emailing me a list of "bad guys," with a little snipit next to their name with reasoning for their baddness, so that I can avoid them. Just guys off the top of your head would be great.
my email addy is mountaindewlove<removeantispam>@hotmail.com

The reason why I prefer them to be emailed to me is that there is always disagreement on who's bad and who's not.

Thank you in advance.
Matt

Old 12-04-2002, 04:33 PM   #2
Mike and Erica @ MotherGecko
plenty of bad guys to go around

Matt, Welcome back to the loop! There are plenty of bad guys to go around no doubt. This site has been EXCELLENT for exposing such unsavory individuals. Best bet is to do a search on this site before ever making any purchases. This is a practice not to be overlooked. Sometimes you may even want to do a inquiry on the individual you plan on dealing with. I have found sometimes searches don't give all possible pertinent information on someone so any inquiry may be the best bet. I really dont like to to bad mouth anyone I havent had direct dealings with, but I can definetly steer you in the direction of some good folks. Just a few from personal experiences would be.........

some good peple i've purchased animals from.....

Mark and Denise @ Golden Gecko
Brian and Laura @ Tribal Propagation
Rob and Kim @ RK REPTILES
Kevin and Nicole @ K&N Reptiles
Susan Willis @ Willis Wildlife Enterprises
Ben Seigel
Herp Hobby Shop
Serpenco
Gene Arnold
Golden Serpent
Jude Fitch @ The Waving Dragon
Neal and Walt @ N&W Reptiles
I know im forgetting a some great people too , sorry guys

some people Ive gotten great products from...

the Bean Farm
Corey @ Sawyer Zoological
Twin Oaks
Bruce Edelman

some people who have animals Id give my RIGHT TESTICLE for...

Tim Bowles @ Arboreals of the Rainforest (Emeralds)
Jerry Tresser @ Knobtails (Nephurus species)
Rare Earth (leucistic Tokays)
oh yes theres more but I only have two 'you know whats' to give

some great people in General not already mentioned above that I either met, talk with, see at shows, or have sold to that are just good People to associate with in the Reptile world....

yes Neil Gubitz
Charles and Monica @ Masterpiece Gecko
Ritchie Luna (aka) Fauna junk yard dawg
John Apple
Seamus Haley
and the rest of the gang in the Reptile chat (yes im a chat geek)
Cari and Joe, you know who you are.
Michael Rodrigez, you didnt think I forgot that deal did you?
Mike and Selina Kelly, bitten by the herp bug and loving it
Brian S. up and coming young herper

And there are a ton more as well but I dont want to write a novel. Tkae Care, Michael

Old 12-04-2002, 05:33 PM   #3
John Apple
Hey you also forgot

Mother Gecko==Mike & Erica
good people
peace

Old 12-04-2002, 10:41 PM   #4
EMERALDGUY33
Unhappy Hey!!!

What about me?? I'm one of the good guys!!!

Sheesh! I can't believe y'all forgot about me!

Old 12-04-2002, 11:41 PM   #5
Neil Gubitz
Who was that masked man???.... lmao

....Neil

Old 12-05-2002, 01:48 AM   #6
Bubafat
I probably should have narrowed down my post by saying that I wish to obtain with high end ball pythons (namely het for pie).

Thanks for all the replies so far guys. I am really starting to like this board.

Matt

Old 12-05-2002, 02:45 AM   #7
Adam Block
Matt, hands down you can't find a better guy to deal with then John Romeo with Harbor Reptiles. I just picked up a het female from him and he's not only a joy to talk to but he's been a joy to deal with! I have a few others to mention that are just as good but due to pending deals will hold off on mentioning them. Not because I think the deals may go sour but because not all people what to be known as having the higher end animals.

Good luck to you and I hope you enjoy your new animals. I have a genetics contract I have signed before I buy any het animals. Feel free to email me and I'll get it to you!

Adam Block
www.impactreptiles.com

Old 12-05-2002, 10:01 AM   #8
Neil Gubitz
If you want Het Piedball Balls.... there are TWO people that you SHOULD deal with....

1. Ralph Davis.... 1-410-876-8093
ralph@ralphdavisreptiles.com

2. Tom Carlton of Cypress Creek Reptiles....
1-813-982-9467
crlt845@aol.com

Either one of these two guys will deliver to you the BEST GUARANTEED Hets on the market today! IMHO

They BOTH breed them themselves, so, there's no worry about genetics.... good luck and ENJOY!

....Neil

Old 12-05-2002, 03:21 PM   #9
Classic Dum's
I would get ahold of Pete Kehl for those, hes got a bunch. As far as your organal ? I currently have two people on my bad guy list soon to be three if he doesnt send me my water nozels NOW!!!!!!! and they would be Matt Martin and Chris Hunter steer clear of those to no matter what ya do

Old 12-05-2002, 06:02 PM   #10
gwright86
Garrick @crestedgecko.com is great

Garrick was a wonderful guy to deal with. He fielded dozens of e-mails I had, and responded with long, indepth answers. The rainwater hets (leos) that he sent me seem to be of the highest quality, and the rainwater X hypo tangerine male is a killer. He recently updated his website and it seems that has nice facilities and will be producing some very nice animals (balls, cresteds, carpet pythons, veileds, tons of stuff). The speed of the transaction was also amazing. So what what I'm trying to say is that I would highly recomend crestedgecko.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!