About the Good Guy Certification Program - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
WebSlave
Thumbs down About the Good Guy Certification Program

Recently I asked my programmer to set up some code to check on those certification polls I set up in the Good Guy Certification program. He already had code in place to check the polls and Trader Ratings to make those threads in red that had negative values for those polls, but I needed something automated to check on the members who were in violation of participation in this program by remaining paid members of this site. He created that code and marked those threads in yellow.

Well, take a look -> http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=813

Scew it. It's too much trouble setting that stuff up if so many people are just going to abandon it like has certainly happened and not hold up their end of the deal.

So this program is now OVER WITH. I'm not wasting my time on it any longer.

And you all wonder why I am reluctant to put new features in place here...

Old 02-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
EvergladesExotics
This is so sad! What's going to happen to those who have the banner on their website and such? Will it be removed or just stay there even though the program is discontinued? I'm so sorry this happened.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
lauraleellbp
Oh I just sent you a PM.

Personally, I'd really hate to see the program end all together. I do wonder how many of those in yellow are no longer in business at all? The years following 2006 were pretty rough on the reptile industry along with every OTHER industry, after all.

I look at that list, and I actually see quite a few people who ARE keeping up with their memberships...? Obviously far from an "ideal" percentage, but I suspect that's more to do with failure rates of small businesses rather than people just deciding not to support this program?

Old 02-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #4
WebSlave
What is there will likely remain for a while. Eventually I'll get around to deleting all the yellow entries in that section, but the rest can remain until they change over. I'm just not setting up any more new ones.

It's probably partially my fault because I took a long time to set up those polls for applicants. But I guess I was just seeing the writing on the wall. I used to audit them all and check to see who had the code on their site to display the banner, and many did NOT, apparently just wanting the thread in place here as a form of passive advertising. Some applicants didn't even have web sites...... So I stopped spending my time chasing after people to comply, and I guess that colored my perception of even processing new applications.

Yeah, I'm in the process of cutting out as much dead wood out of my life as I can. If something is a hassle and doesn't really benefit me in any way, screw it, I don't need it, so why put up with it?

Old 02-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
scaledverts
Dang-it! I have finally gotten to the point where I was just about to do that certification.......oh well. I can see how if it is a waste of time and costs money/computer time, it isn't worth keeping around.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
hhmoore
The last time I audited them, it was pretty bad....there were a lot of them that had let their Contributor level (or higher) membership expire, several that didn't have the banner posted on their site, and at least a few handfuls of people that no longer had sites.
I know it's been a while since I did that, so I'm not surprised that the situation has worsened.
If you aren't set on discontinuing it, Rich, a few of us could probably team up & do some notifications. In taking a quick look through the yellow, I do see quite a few names that are no longer active here, and some that I'm pretty sure are out of reptiles entirely. I think there might be a few that are using different names, now, as well (Josh Norwood is one that caught my eye). It would be a shame to trash the program just because people that have moved on didn't maintain their membership.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
HighVoltageRoyals
I have a proposal! Maybe you can select volunteers to handle the auditing side and report which polls to delete based off of what they find?

Speaking as a GG Certificate holder, I really do like this program and would hate to see it get cut. I'm throwing my volunteer hat into the ring to audit because I really feel like this is an effective program.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
EvergladesExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post
Dang-it! I have finally gotten to the point where I was just about to do that certification.......oh well. I can see how if it is a waste of time and costs money/computer time, it isn't worth keeping around.

I feel you, I was hoping to get certified as well

Old 02-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #9
JColt
Rich, I know what you mean. When I had community going every one wanted stuff, I'd spent my free time setting it up or paying to get it up and then no one used it. Get's very tiring.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #10
lauraleellbp
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighVoltageRoyals View Post
I have a proposal! Maybe you can select volunteers to handle the auditing side and report which polls to delete based off of what they find?

Speaking as a GG Certificate holder, I really do like this program and would hate to see it get cut. I'm throwing my volunteer hat into the ring to audit because I really feel like this is an effective program.
I'd be willing to help as well, if that's an alternative you'd consider?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!