Bad Guy Jeff Benfer (Gartersnakemorph.com) Buyer Beware - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:39 AM   #11
TOMMYTRADIX
jmesxsxazgesx
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2016, 12:19 PM   #12
tcp2
Ouch. I have a lot of garter snakes. Not many people left with them since the main breeder closed up. This is an interesting exchange. It looks like buy at your own risk.

Old 07-25-2016, 12:40 PM   #13
dieselfan
Wow, you can see clear as day that she has an egg or something worse near her cloaca. I would be furious if I had bought a breeding adult female and she arrived looking like that.

The mites comment from him is unwarranted and seems like he is just mad for being called out. He should refund your money and pay out of his pocket to have the snake shipped back to him. Good luck and thanks for posting!

Old 07-25-2016, 12:47 PM   #14
Will0W783
TommyTRadix, did you ever actually get a refund?

Old 07-25-2016, 07:26 PM   #15
TOMMYTRADIX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp2 View Post
Ouch. I have a lot of garter snakes. Not many people left with them since the main breeder closed up. This is an interesting exchange. It looks like buy at your own risk.
There are plenty of garters around. I have 189 garters at the moment. What garters do you have? I grabbed 2 pairs from scott when he left. He didnt have much that i didnt already have.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:39 PM   #16
TOMMYTRADIX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfan View Post
Wow, you can see clear as day that she has an egg or something worse near her cloaca. I would be furious if I had bought a breeding adult female and she arrived looking like that.

The mites comment from him is unwarranted and seems like he is just mad for being called out. He should refund your money and pay out of his pocket to have the snake shipped back to him. Good luck and thanks for posting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will0W783 View Post
TommyTRadix, did you ever actually get a refund?
yes i got almost $250 back. I shouldn't of had to pay to send her back to him. I'm almost certain she's dead. Its funny how he claimed she was eating small mice but said she took a worm. For the time i had her she was very lethargic and had no interest in anything. She barely even moved. She had very weak muscle tone and her spine was showing. He was selling all of his retired breeders and i should have asked the age of her but didnt cause he knew i wanted to breed her since mine passed shortly before he posted her. There was no mention of her being paired and not producing until i said something about the slugs. Also I've never heard or experienced a garter absorbing unfertilized eggs.it shicked me when he said he didn't monitor that type of thing either they produced or they didn't.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:11 PM   #17
Will0W783
Wow....how can anyone breed snakes and not monitor for impacted eggs? I breed only live-bearing vipers, but I do keep a close eye on any breeding females so I notice if they seem sick or impacted or weak in any way.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that, but at least you got most of your money back. If I ever get into garter snakes, I'll come to you- you have some stunning snakes!

Old 07-26-2016, 11:42 PM   #18
TOMMYTRADIX
Thanks. Garters are live bearers too

Old 08-01-2016, 01:05 AM   #19
TOMMYTRADIX
http://gartersnakemorph.com/Ordering-Shipping-Terms.php

here's his terms....

Old 08-01-2016, 01:06 AM   #20
TOMMYTRADIX
wish he would comment

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!