Bad Guy VelocityVelociraptor aka Jojo Peckham - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:44 PM   #1
cbass
VelocityVelociraptor aka Jojo Peckham

This seller advertised a tricolor hognose snake for $200 plus $50 flat rate shipping. After a brief text exchange, I PayPal'd her $250 plus $8 for PayPal fees. After paying, she informed me that she wouldn't be able to ship right away. Over the next two weeks, I was given various excuses for her not being able to ship including: long work hours, living far from the shipping hub, not having shipping supplies, not having a heat pack, weather (outright lie), feeling sick, etc.

After two weeks, I asked if she'd be able to ship within the next couple days and if not, could she please send a refund as shipping seemed to be too inconvenient for her. At that point, she stopped communicating and I initiated a case with PayPal. I heard from her about two weeks later saying she would give me a refund whenever her disability kicked in. At that point, the PayPal case was about to close. Thankfully, they ruled in my favor and I hope to get my money back soon.

Seller User Name: VelocityVelociraptor
Seller Name: Jojo Peckham
Seller Phone: 267-884-6914
Seller Email: jojopeckham@hotmail.com

TLDR; Version: Seller took my money and never shipped. Had to file a PayPal dispute. I would not recommend doing business with them.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:47 PM   #2
cbass
Attached screenshot of the classified ad associated with this transaction. The ad is still up and not marked as sold so I fear they may be scamming multiple people.
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2018, 03:22 AM   #3
Robert Walker
Very well explained & formatted BOI posts Chelsea.
I've sent Johanna (JoJo) a PM letting her know of this post so she can comment on it.

Old 11-18-2018, 02:41 AM   #4
VelocityVelociraptor
Hello, I was unaware of this topic, thank you for the pm. I just went through surgery and am struggling with recovery and did not see the dispute or any texts from the buyer. I see that PayPal issued a refund, I hope she does receive it and everything is resolved! I do not know how to remove the ad from fauna - that’s why it’s still up. This was honestly my fault for lack of communication but with a serious surgery comes serious recovery and I’ve been off the wagon a bit with it. I would appreciate if my personal phone number could be removed from the post if possible, I am a bit uncomfortable with it being posted on a public forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-18-2018, 06:07 AM   #5
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityVelociraptor View Post
.... I would appreciate if my personal phone number could be removed from the post if possible, I am a bit uncomfortable with it being posted on a public forum.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=673617
You posted your number on your Tri-Color hog ad from 10-24-18. Your words on the ad: "If interested, please contact me through provided # as I will not see comments/replies from mobile.
267 884 6914"

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...79#post2109379 Your ad for a Banana male, 10-26-2018. You posted that same phone number to receive texts.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=673893 And again, another ad from 10-26-18 for a female Pastel Champagne; you posted your phone number ... "Please text 267 884 6914 with any questions or with interest."

Just pointing out that you, Johanna, put your phone number out on a public forum before anyone else did. Hope you recover soon.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:21 AM   #6
VelocityVelociraptor
Totally forgot about that I should start using a texting app! Recovery is slow and painful but we’re getting there! Thank you

Old 11-18-2018, 03:05 PM   #7
Guy Castro
I'll have to remember, if I ever have surgery,my phone will automatically stop working for weeks. Thanks for the heads up!

Old 11-18-2018, 03:13 PM   #8
VelocityVelociraptor
The surgery I had was fairly involved and serious, I take my health very seriously, and since I was also sick before hand I was more conscious on making sure I was able to receive the life saving surgery I needed. I don’t expect anyone to understand what I went through, but I would hope that the general population understands how serious surgery works.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:23 PM   #9
Lucille
I hope after the surgery that your health is improving. However, since you were ill prior you did have notice, perhaps it would have been better to not put the critters up for sale at that time, creating responsibilities to buyers that you say you were not well enough to fulfill.
As it is, those doing business with you in the future might think twice because any possible further health issues may lead them to think that there may be other uncompleted transactions in the horizon.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:34 PM   #10
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityVelociraptor View Post
Hello, I was unaware of this topic, thank you for the pm. I just went through surgery and am struggling with recovery and did not see the dispute or any texts from the buyer. I see that PayPal issued a refund, I hope she does receive it and everything is resolved! I do not know how to remove the ad from fauna - that’s why it’s still up. This was honestly my fault for lack of communication but with a serious surgery comes serious recovery and I’ve been off the wagon a bit with it. I would appreciate if my personal phone number could be removed from the post if possible, I am a bit uncomfortable with it being posted on a public forum.

"Unaware of this topic", lol. So you were wheeling and dealing until you got called out here, and then BAM!, you suddenly needed surgery. Thus negating any responsibilities you had a day prior.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!