Adult Nicaraguan Boa for adoption in MD - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
cinderbird
Adult Nicaraguan Boa for adoption in MD

HOME FOUND

This guy came to me a little while ago. He's a good snake, but he's not very nice. The gent was going overseas for military related things and his wife didn't want anything to do with him.

Hes estimated to be about 7 years old, male based on size. True nic. He's not tolerant of handling or really even being messed with. He's got quite a loud hiss. He's my old grumpy man.

No adoption "fee" for him, he should just be in a home where someone can actually work with him. I'm not the person for him. He eats with amazing vigor on anything, prefers rats and loves his hide box. He's 3-4ish feet long, nice full body, firm but not fat.

Nothing required in return, just a good home. I'd be willing to take something small (young dwarf boa or rosy type boas, etc) in return if you happen to have one you're looking to get rid of.

People on CL seem to be huge flakes so maybe a real herp person can give him a good home.

Phone calls will take preference, but emails and PMs are fine.

Samantha
samanthawenitsky@gmail.com

Old 09-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
H. Joe Lewis
Hey Dude, Just happened to see your posting. You mentioned that it belonged to someone in the military that got deployed. Just to pass the word along, my wife and I are registered caregivers with a fantastic organization, "Guardian Angels for Soldier's Pets". We only take in reptiles but there are other people who will take almost any animal. We board them, care for them and give them back when the soldier deployed returns home so they don't have to give up their pets in order to serve their country. We have two sons serving in the Army and a son-n-law in the Navy so we are well aware of secrafices they have to make. Check the organization out online and pass the word along. Thanks, Joe and Joy, bayouboas.com

Old 09-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #3
annmikeal
Joe and Joy, may I commend you on what you are doing to help out our soldiers... GREAT JOB

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!