Info Marty Made Cages - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:39 PM   #1
SAbel
Question Marty Made Cages

Hello everyone,
I am new to the forums and I am looking at getting a bearded dragon. So I have started looking for a cage/habitat that I could house the dragon in once I pick one.
I would like to have a cage that opens on top and has front doors (probably Sliders).
I have looked around and have seen Marty Made cages (out of Michigan) and they look to be high quality products from what I have seen online. I have called the business and spoken with Marty himself, he was very friendly and gave some great advice the down side is he is nearly 1.5 hours from my home to his location and no one locally carries his cages. There is a National Geographic™ Sanctuary Reptile Terrarium (which can be ordered from Petsmart) that looks to copy his design but the corners look slimmer than the ones Marty makes.
Marty Made web site http://www.martymade.com/welcome.html
Getting to the point
1. Does anyone own a Marty Made Cage and if so how would you rate it?
2. What size is best for a bearded dragon?
3. I live in Ohio and we have hot and cold weather here (sometimes in the same hour) is it a good idea to have an heating pad for the dragon, I have read that heating rocks are very bad and that dragons have sensitive stomachs?
4. What type of UVB lights do most people have and how do you hang them in side the cage or are they find on top of a screen

Thank you all for helping me with this I want to make sure I am purchasing quality material for a dragon and would like the advice of experienced owners/breeders ect. before I start into this new passion.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:38 AM   #2
Casey Hulse
I have owned several Marty made cages, and have seen them set up at local shows. His cages are very well made and I would recommend him. I still have a couple of his cages in the garage that are probably 10 years old. He sometimes does the Taylor Reptile show, that might make the drive up more interesting. Good luck

Old 05-22-2014, 03:42 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
Hello Sean,

This is the correct place to ask about the vendor/caging however the discussion about beardie care needs to be in the bearded dragon discussion forums, located here: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=124

Good luck and thank you,
-April (moderator)

Old 05-22-2014, 07:05 PM   #4
SAbel
Hello AbsoluteApril,
I am sorry Noob mistake for putting this in the wrong forum spot, I will endeavor to pay more attention as I become more familiar with my surroundings. Do you need me to move it to the correct spot or will you (I am thinking your an Admin on the site) move it? I am sorry for any time this has taken away from you also, that's what I get for late night posting.
I also love your Tick icon SPOOOON!

@Casey Hulse Thank you for the response. Marty seems like a very nice person and has the experience behind him. I only wish that there where more pet stores (not just chain stores) around still and then maybe I would be able to have easier access to his product. I do not live in a remote area I am just on the edge of Toledo Ohio so its a big city and the petsmarts and petcos have driven all of the local pet stores (save a few fish stores) out from here, just sad.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:31 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
No worries, the inquiry about the caging here is perfectly fine and exactly what this forum is set up for, but the other questions just don't belong on the BOI (Board of Inquiry). Nothing is removed from the BOI except for very specific rule violations so this thread will stand.

Hope that helps explain, if you have any further questions about this or not clear about it, shoot me a PM (private message).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
cages