Bad Guy Groundpounder (Dustin Draper, Craig Davis, Chris Anderson, Eddie Lopez) SCAMMER!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
tikigator
Thumbs down Groundpounder (Dustin Draper, Craig Davis, Chris Anderson, Eddie Lopez) SCAMMER!!

GROUNDPOUNDER (Bradley Chaney) aka: SCAMMER: DUSTIN ALLEN DRAPER (names he also uses in his scams: Craig Davis, Chris Anderson, Eddie Lopez, Joshua Anderson, Brad Hagen, JJ Price, his wife is Christina Draper, who also goes by the names Christina Lopez Davis, Christina Davis, and his mother is also involved, Bonnie Hagan.) ADDRESS: 2952 Valloey Court, Conyers, GA 30012 Phone numbers he uses: 601-434-5683, 601-329-3533, 601-329-3532, 678-481-0802, and 770-274-8399.

SCAMMER! Yeah as if it's not bad enough I got scammed by Randy Gilkerson I turn around and try to trust someone on fauna again and get suckered for $400 bucks. I know several of you saw his posts for the cheap albinos and pieds. I contacted him wanting a couple female albinos and he gave me a story saying he was going into the military and needed to move the snakes asap. He said he had albinos and pieds left and needed them gone before he left. I asked why he still had them if they were so cheap and he said everyone else thought it was a scam so they weren't interested. (first red flag, good one Laura) Then he tells me he's leaving for Ft. Brag "next Tuesday" and that he'd give me all 8 snakes for $100 a snake to get them gone. He said he no longer a bank account because the military was setting him up with one when he went and that the money had to be sent via moneygram to his wife (Christina Lopez Davis) and I asked why she didn't have a bank account and he said her credit was bad. And I asked why she didn't have his last name and he gave me a sap story about how she kept her old name (rrrriiiiggghhhtt). So I told him I wasn't comfortable sending him blind cash, I wanted an agreement in writing, he said he didn't have a printer or a scanner to send it back. Excuse after excuse. So my dad suggested I could send him half the money upfront and when i received the snakes I would sent him the rest. He agreed. Yes, I was STUPID. But even my dad spoke to this kid and he made his story sound VERY believable. I looked all over online for his name and found nothing, that's because he goes by 9 other names. He is VERY GOOD at what he does. I hope someone can get his butt locked up. He deserves to be in jail for stealing money from people.

Long story short, I never got the snakes. He was supposed to ship them on a Friday. He claimed his wife got to FedEx too late in the evening and they would not ship them that late. Then he said he would ship them on Monday, but then Monday he said he was drivng to Alabama because his aunt died and he had to go to her funeral (yes, really). And then Wednesday he came back and said he couldn't ship them becasue he got bitten by one of his venemous snakes and had to go to the hospital (really, I couldn't make this crap up). It went on and one and then he said his sister was up visiting him she went to the funeral with him and she was from Arcadia (close to where I live) and that she would bring the snakes when she drove home. I asked him to have her call me and he managed to drag that out for a few days. He refused to give me her name or number. And then he finally got pissed and said he would drive the snakes down himself to have this situation over and done with. Would you believe he told me he was in Ft. Myers with the snakes, and then my dad got pissed and called him and he told my dad he was in GA, and then called me back and told me he was in Ft. Myers! WHOA!

Yeah so I lost $400 bucks because once again I tried to trust someone. I know its my own fault but at the same time it would be nice if fauna could someone scan people who get on here---scan their phone numbers and email addresses becasue had I done a search on his phone number, then the BOI would have popped up and I would have known.

I am so livid. He is still texting me telling me he will send my money back. yeah just like Randy just texted me 2 nights ago and wants to trade snakes back....and he doesn't even HAVE my bumble bee. And trust me, I feel like an idiot, and I feel like I never want to do business on fauna again. It's ashame because I have done some business with some really great people on here but you know, people lie, they scam, and they are very very good at what they do. They change their name, change their number, have people write up reviews about them. This guy Dustin even had me call one of the people John he's done business with before and I'm sure John was just some friend he told to give a good review. Unreal.

So here's another to put on the scammer list. Scam me once, shame on you. Scam me twice, shame on me. But it will NOT happen a third time. And I hope neither of these two scam anyone else. Like I said, I hope somehow he gets locked up. He has stolen money from A LOT of people. He and his "wife" are all over craigslist trying to sell things. It's just not right.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
tikigator
And just for the record, Dustin and I spoke on the phone several times and the ONLY REASON I even went along with his stories was the fact he told me he was going into the military and I had friends in the military and we'd talk about him going to be a Ranger and my friend who is a Ranger and he totally sounded legit. I am LIVID that he impersonated military personnel to scam me. He calls himself a RANGER??? REALLY??? I know many Rangers who would probably hunt him down if they found out he was scamming people using that as a front. And last I was told, impersonating military personnel is a felony. Especially to be used in scamming. I hope he goes it jail. Actually from what I've dug up he's already been there for stealing snakes, battery, and domestic family violence. real winner.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #3
DJ Dragons
That stinks Laura.

There are some great people in this hobby, but there are definitely too many undesirables as well.

I hope a favorable resolution finds you in this matter.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:27 PM   #4
AW2EOD
Sorry you got scammed AGAIN, but I fail to see where this is Fauna Classifieds fault.

Seems to me that this one is no ones fault but your own. You claim to have saw the red flags BEFORE you sent the money, yet you went ahead with it...after you JUST got scammed by someone else.

There's an old saying that goes "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me..."

Hopefully, one day, when you think something is a scam you'll be smart enough not to send money anyway. If you have someone contact you, selling some "ocean front property, in Arizona", don't do it.

And, SAYING you're in the military isn't impersonating someone in the military. If he walked around in a uniform, etc then that would be "impersonation". Yes, it's still a douche bag move and he probably should be tracked down and given a good "talking to", but you can't always take people on their word...as you've found out twice now.

Hopefully, you get your money back and are more careful with it in the future.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW2EOD View Post
Sorry you got scammed AGAIN, but I fail to see where this is Fauna Classifieds fault.

Seems to me that this one is no ones fault but your own. You claim to have saw the red flags BEFORE you sent the money, yet you went ahead with it...after you JUST got scammed by someone else.

There's an old saying that goes "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me..."

Hopefully, one day, when you think something is a scam you'll be smart enough not to send money anyway. If you have someone contact you, selling some "ocean front property, in Arizona", don't do it.

And, SAYING you're in the military isn't impersonating someone in the military. If he walked around in a uniform, etc then that would be "impersonation". Yes, it's still a douche bag move and he probably should be tracked down and given a good "talking to", but you can't always take people on their word...as you've found out twice now.

I agree with this. There are scammers on every site. It's up to you to have the common sense to know when a deal is too good to be true. If you can't find any info on them anywhere it's not a very good idea to send them a moneygram.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:37 PM   #6
tikigator
Quote:

Yes I know about the little saying as I already posted it (see last paragraph in original post). I did not once say this was Fauna's fault do NOT put words in my mouth. I KNOW THIS IS MY FAULT I AM NOT A TOTAL IDIOT. I may be a very trusting person who fell for a PROFESSIONAL SCAMMER'S story but I do NOT blame people for my own mistakes. All I said was it makes me not want to do business on fauna. Or craigslist. Or ebay. Or any website for that matter because people LIE. And yes, it would be nice if somehow Fauna could scan people's phone numbers and/or email address that they register with. because in my case, it would have prevented BOTH Dustin Draper AND Randy Gilkerson from getting different accounts since they both used their same phone numbers....and yes it would have been nice for Fauna to catch it. But I am not blaming Fauna nor am I saying they need to be or should be responsible for scammers on this site. I never thought to search for a phone number before, but now I know. And thanks to many people on here such as Kyle Grubb for one, they are helping get the word out about scammers via the BOI, facebook, and other sites to try to prevent these people from scamming others. That is the ONLY WAY to prevent them from doing it again is spreading the word. Which is why when I did my research, I waited to post here until I had ALL of the names he's used and ALL of the phone numbers he's used so hopefully when someone else searches on this BOI (like I did, I searched for Bradley Chaney and found NOTHING) all of his names will come up and hopefully because of this thread it will prevent another person from losing their money.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:01 PM   #7
Chris577
"ADDRESS: 2952 Valloey Court, Conyers, GA 30012"

This is 10 minutes from where I live. How did you get this information? If you can confirm its the same guy I have no problem stopping by there house every day on the way to work to remind them to refund you your money back.

I would also recommend calling the Rockdale County Sheriffs department and seeing about making a report. They are pretty good here with pursing things like that ( I was a cop for several years in the area and know they are pretty helpfull)

Old 11-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #8
tikigator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris577 View Post
"ADDRESS: 2952 Valloey Court, Conyers, GA 30012"

This is 10 minutes from where I live. How did you get this information? If you can confirm its the same guy I have no problem stopping by there house every day on the way to work to remind them to refund you your money back.

I would also recommend calling the Rockdale County Sheriffs department and seeing about making a report. They are pretty good here with pursing things like that ( I was a cop for several years in the area and know they are pretty helpfull)
I got the information from the Rockdale County Jail Log

http://www.rockdalenews.com/archives/1977/

If you google Dustin Allen Draper you will be SHOCKED at what you see. There are countless articles and postings about people he has scammed. Check this out, all of these are HIM! I did a search for Christina Davis and this is what came up. He and his wife have MANY names they keep using (Bradley Chaney was a new one).

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...hristina+davis

Of course now its OBVIOUS to me that he's a BIG SCAMMER, but when you search for "Bradley Chaney" you will find nothing. This guy needs to be SHUT DOWN.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #9
AW2EOD
Before you start sending deputies and a former police officer, who is trying to help, over to this house...what evidence do you have, that these are all the same people?

Before people start going out on a limb for you and taking their personal time, to "stop by their house, on the way to work every day", hopefully you know that 100%, without a doubt, that these are the same people.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:05 PM   #10
tikigator
Quote:
Before you start sending deputies and a former police officer, who is trying to help, over to this house...what evidence do you have, that these are all the same people?

Before people start going out on a limb for you and taking their personal time, to "stop by their house, on the way to work every day", hopefully you know that 100%, without a doubt, that these are the same people.
Wow first you say I blame fauna and now you're saying I am sending deputies and a former police officer to his house?? Can you read?? Because I NEVER said I am asking anyone to go anywhere. And what evidence do I have? Well, I posted a link to the Jail Log, and I posted other BOI links, and I suggested if anyone is in doubt AT ALL about this thread to google his name.

What is your issue? Do you think I'm making this up? Get off my back. I didn't ask to get scammed, yes it was my bad to believe someone, obviously the majority of people doing business online are scammers and liars, I get it. But you don't have to sit here and put words in my mouth and question everything I post.

I am, 100% without a doubt, that these are the same people. WITHOUT A DOUBT. Any more questions?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brad hagen, christina lopez davis, dustin allen draper, eddie lopez, groundpounder