Info Chris Davis aka calebroad - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:32 PM   #51
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpinreptiles View Post
I wasnt going to post in this thread, but after reading through it all there is something I HAVE to throw my 2 cents in on.
Chris is not a bad dude. Someone recently posted in this thread that they hope someone else possibly doing business with Chris will see this so they know what kind of person theyre dealing with. But this thread is more personal than business...

Sure, Chris kept replying saying the wrong things and digging the grave deeper, only for others to attack him for still responding. To me it seems like Chris isnt the best with technology, doesnt understand the email notifications, and he just got attacked for that too. Is it that hard to believe not everyone knows exactly what theyre doing online?

As far as business goes, have any of you ever done business with Chris, since that is what this threads focus should be on, other than just watching him trip over his own words. And yes I get him making threats happened to be a part of him attempting to do business this time. But from my experience Chris is not like that.

Last month Chris flew up to my city and rented a car to come to my house and personally pick up some turtles. Business-wise, the transaction was flawless, and it was for more money than a lot of people make in a year.

So theres my 2 cents on it, for anyone who comes to this thread looking for an actual business transaction with Chris.
Chris may be the greatest guy on the planet, but I didn't need to read past the first post here displaying the correspondence Nick submitted, to know that Chris is someone I would never do businness with. If you ever get bit by a dog and the owners say he's not like that" in court, drop the case.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:34 PM   #52
Chris Kennard
Nothing "personal". Just my opinion.

Old 02-20-2016, 02:17 PM   #53
Lucille
Quote:
Sure, Chris kept replying saying the wrong things
Quote:
yes I get him making threats happened to be a part of him attempting to do business this time.
So he was nasty and threatening, ran to the site owner to attempt to get Nick in trouble, promised to send out notifications about the transaction to hundreds of acquaintances, but gee whiz, he's a good guy?
You are entitled to your perspective. Mine differs.

Old 02-20-2016, 02:27 PM   #54
Black Adder
I must say I am actually very surprised at Mikes post.
Not defending Chris,s actions in any way in this transaction as they were deplorable, but I do not believe Mike would not make the post he did without good reason.
I think Chris needs to learn from this experience, threats nearly ALWAYS backfire on the person who issues them.
Very simple, when somebody says no, well thats it end of deal and usually any further attempt to push the deal will only result in exactly the type of scenario played out here.

Maybe Chris has been a good guy in earlier transactions but as had been stated here MANY times before it is how you handle the poor transactions that can really define your true character to this community!

Old 02-20-2016, 03:24 PM   #55
Mistyck
Quote:
I wasnt going to post in this thread, but after reading through it all there is something I HAVE to throw my 2 cents in on.
Chris is not a bad dude. Someone recently posted in this thread that they hope someone else possibly doing business with Chris will see this so they know what kind of person theyre dealing with. But this thread is more personal than business...
He doesn't have to be a "bad dude," he just seems like he's a real peach to deal with when he doesn't get his way. So Personally I would avoid him just because of his attitude. I have one of my own, plus 3 others in my house. I dang sure don't need to put up with anyone else and their attitude when I'm deciding who I would want to do business with.

Quote:
Sure, Chris kept replying saying the wrong things and digging the grave deeper, only for others to attack him for still responding. To me it seems like Chris isnt the best with technology, doesnt understand the email notifications, and he just got attacked for that too. Is it that hard to believe not everyone knows exactly what theyre doing online?
Wouldn't it have been better for him to keep his mouth shut and not say Jack instead of talking out of his rear and sounding more and more arrogant with each post? Nah, can't have that. That would be foolish. I don't care how proficient or not he is with technology. You don't DEMAND that someone do something, (kind of like his whole string of emails and replies...) He can figure out how to send emails, and reply here, so I TOLD him how to fix the automatic emails.

I didn't attack him. There's a difference. If I were to have attacked him, I would have told him, "No, you figure it out on your own. No one has to help you." But I didn't. I told him, "Go to User CP and then go to settings and it should be there." I was rude and not very nice about it, but I didn't attack.

It's not hard to believe that not everyone knows what they're doing online. But he can dang sure work his way around this site just fine, around another site that Nick was selling on, and then make his way back to this site to "tattle" on Nick about something that didn't even concern this site. So something tells me that he's a little bit more technologically proficient than you're giving him credit for.

Quote:
As far as business goes, have any of you ever done business with Chris, since that is what this threads focus should be on, other than just watching him trip over his own words. And yes I get him making threats happened to be a part of him attempting to do business this time. But from my experience Chris is not like that.

Last month Chris flew up to my city and rented a car to come to my house and personally pick up some turtles. Business-wise, the transaction was flawless, and it was for more money than a lot of people make in a year.

So theres my 2 cents on it, for anyone who comes to this thread looking for an actual business transaction with Chris.
No, I have never done business with him. Nor would I. He doesn't portray himself as someone I would EVER want to do business with. He couldn't accept the fact that someone told him no, (whether or not the emails went to his spam folder or not, he had NO right to go off the deep end and lead things the way they went.)

I don't give a rat's meow if he doesn't "regularly" apply threats when conducting business. One time is too many. If he's willing to do it once then he is willing to do it at any other time that he sees fit. So while I'm glad you had a good experience with him; I wouldn't let anyone I know do business with him for fear of him being the "wonderful" person that he showed himself to be in the emails and posts in this thread.

Old 02-20-2016, 04:20 PM   #56
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Typed word that is false regarding a person is libel rather than slander, but typed word that is one's experience that is not false is not libel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post

Chris Davis <spymart007@yahoo.com>
Feb 16 at 8:42 PM

To

Nickolas Anastasiou

Message body
I'll see you at a show or convention, don't worry. Your ranting has earned you an ass whooping and everyone knows it.

It will be fun to watch, maybe you'll learn a lesson about who you can mess with and who you cannot mess with.

My firm has attorneys on retainer, they laughed out loud about your whole slander spill. you need to know who you are speaking to before you rant. Pansie

Chris, I am pretty sure you are lying about your alleged 'attorneys on retainer' and their alleged reaction, because Nick gave a brief but excellent definition.
And as far as your threats, I think you lost a lot of potential business. I mean really. That kind of threat over a turtle negotiation?

Old 02-20-2016, 04:39 PM   #57
Bryan S
Quote:

Some points:

1) Threatening someone is personal. Not sure how much more personal you can get outside of laying hands on someone. Chris took it there, he went beyond respectable business conduct and instead took it to the personal level. This over what appears to be a $600 or so deal which is hardly "more than many people make in a year".

2) He crossed a line, actually a few of them when he decided to try to bring Nicholas' moderating here into question. Instead of saying that he screwed up and genuinely accepted that he screwed up he makes an "apology" and then proceeds to say that he was "bullied" and once again comes across as if he was done so wrongly and that he is the poor victim. We all up, I am no different, however he had a chance to accept what he did, genuinely apologize for it, say what may have prompted him crossing that line, etc. but he did not. At no time did I feel like his apology came from the heart.

3) Technology doesn't make personal threats. I could give a damn if he couldn't operate a calculator as long as he was a stand up guy.

4) I have not done business with him nor will I. I doubt that he has any issue with this as it's clear that we have a significant difference of opinions in regards to how this should've been handled.

5) Now imagine if that deal went sideways for whatever reason(s). How would you like to have been threatened? There is no excuse for it, Nicholas did not harm him or his family or take food or clothes off of their backs. Nor did he steal from him.

6) Yet he lost his cool over a much smaller deal. IMO he needs to own this and make damn sure that it doesn't happen again going forward. If you are still willing to deal with him and continue to have pleasant transactions then by all means post them on here as it is relevant obviously.

7) Again everyone screws up, I just wish that he would've owned up to it and accepted full responsibility.

8) I must say that I give credit to you for chiming in as clearly Chris is not being perceived very well in this thread and rightfully so. He should be very thankful for you stepping up IMO.

9) IIRC Chris said that he was a veteran. For that I tip my hat to him, if he is having issues related to his service by all means have the country that you looked after do the same for you. Learn from this and become and better yourself

Old 10-20-2016, 09:05 PM   #58
Lucille
While this thread is technically about another person, I believe it is relevant here, to show the responses Chris made in a disputed transaction and allow prospective buyers to draw their own conclusions:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=594384

Old 10-20-2016, 09:25 PM   #59
calebroad
Why would this get re-posted by Lucille? After so much time having gone by, and with both persons ending the situation by wishing one another the best.

While this was a learning curve for me, I have found the BOI to be ultimately fair, and useful. If anyone cannot forgive, move on, and become the wiser, but also learn as they go, than what are we to do?

I fully acknowledge this bout, and it seems to be thrown in my face a lot here recently, -after suffering a very large "non payment".

But I refuse to re-hatch this old template. I have used this as a learning resource, and I wish all parties much success. I will not post any further, because with so much time having gone by, and the timing of this, it just seems so conveniately timed as to divert attention away from the recent Steven Brenner "non payment"

Why does Lucille like to stir the pot? Or spark so much drama? She is not a moderator, just somebody who likes to throw a big piece of meat in the lions cage and watch everyone frenzy over it. - thanks but no thanks

Old 10-20-2016, 09:35 PM   #60
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebroad View Post
Why would this get re-posted by Lucille?
You have recently put a very expensive turtle up for sale. Ads here on Fauna have a 'BOI' icon, so those using the icon would be brought to the 'info' thread.
However, the thread I linked was not brought up via the icon, but I feel it is relevant to those who may be considering a transaction with Chris.
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebroad View Post
Wjust somebody who likes to throw a big piece of meat in the lions cage and watch everyone frenzy over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
and allow prospective buyers to draw their own conclusions:
No piece of meat, rather it is relevant information, that may help buyers draw their own conclusions about whether to deal with Chris. That is what the BOI is for.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!