Bad Guy Greg DeCurtis aka Gregory Austin - disputes valid charges - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:14 PM   #21
nickolasanastasiou
Any particular reason you are protecting the person (or people) who has (or have) been attempting to steal your money from you? I do not need to know the answer. It is not directly important to me. It could be important to someone else. You could have helped other sellers avoid being scammed as you apparently have been. I mean from the start with every attachment that has been partially muted. You have obscured some address details, both physical and electronic, as well as an associated phone number. You are hoping a thief or thieves will do the right thing all of a sudden? Just like that? Being polite is nice, but please and thank you to the person who is actively working to victimize you and still is since the dispute is ongoing? Protect yourself. Protect others. This person or these people have made their bed. You are already aware that you are not the only party this game has been played with. Do you think the game will not be played with yet another party beyond yourself? A party that could have benefited from the information that has been obscured if doing research on a prospective buyer?

The answers to these questions are not for me or my benefit. I do not need them.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:31 PM   #22
Gecko Ranch
The reason I do not disclose the full details is that I do not want to be liable for a breach in confidentiality. Unfortunately today's world is litigious and from my experience with the legal system and attorneys you do not want to leave yourself open for any legal action. I may have to use the legal system with this guy so I am playing by the rules. I think I have given plenty of identifying information the community can use.

Let's sum up what we have so far: A person named Gregory Austin DeCurtis living in Sioux Falls, SD ordered some leopard geckos from me using a credit card after placing two leopard gecko orders online with me that did not go through (see posts above). The geckos were sent to him by me and he texted me he received the geckos and that he was happy with them, had high praise for me and asked to pre-order a male to breed with the two females he received (see posted). About a week ago he e-mailed asking if I had a male (see above posted). At just over 100 days Square contacted me and said a customer was disputing this order for $355 with the claim "no knowledge of order." I was not able to submit all the info I was able to submit here to Square, and they have not done anything to address this. What I sent was sent off to the issuing credit card company.

After going over his e-mails I discovered he placed a PayPal order for some leopard geckos from GeckoBoa the same day he ordered from me. That order was also disputed, Gregory lost that dispute. GeckoBoa will post details when they get the chance. I also learned he drove to a Repticon in Columbia, SC and bought some leopard geckos there. That is a 1300 mile drive from Sioux Falls, SD. Obviously the Leopard Gecko community needs to be warned about this individual and his disputing charges pattern of behavior as of late. If anyone has any question about an order from him they receive they can certainly contact me and I will confirm if they have the right info.

I did receive an ambiguous e-mail in response to a "please stop the dispute" e-mail (posted above, both) that someone would e-mail Monday afternoon. I am waiting to see what happens there.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:33 PM   #23
nickolasanastasiou
I consider that stance unfortunate, but still wish you a positive outcome.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:47 PM   #24
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko Ranch View Post
The reason I do not disclose the full details is that I do not want to be liable for a breach in confidentiality.
Public information is not confidential, neither are email addresses (btw the email address of Greg is readily discernible) or the content of emails sent to you unless there are specific special relationships involved.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:54 PM   #25
JButera
Quote:
The reason I do not disclose the full details is that I do not want to be liable for a breach in confidentiality. Unfortunately today's world is litigious and from my experience with the legal system and attorneys you do not want to leave yourself open for any legal action. I may have to use the legal system with this guy so I am playing by the rules. I think I have given plenty of identifying information the community can use.

Let's sum up what we have so far: A person named Gregory Austin DeCurtis living in Sioux Falls, SD ordered some leopard geckos from me using a credit card after placing two leopard gecko orders online with me that did not go through (see posts above). The geckos were sent to him by me and he texted me he received the geckos and that he was happy with them, had high praise for me and asked to pre-order a male to breed with the two females he received (see posted). About a week ago he e-mailed asking if I had a male (see above posted). At just over 100 days Square contacted me and said a customer was disputing this order for $355 with the claim "no knowledge of order." I was not able to submit all the info I was able to submit here to Square, and they have not done anything to address this. What I sent was sent off to the issuing credit card company.

After going over his e-mails I discovered he placed a PayPal order for some leopard geckos from GeckoBoa the same day he ordered from me. That order was also disputed, Gregory lost that dispute. GeckoBoa will post details when they get the chance. I also learned he drove to a Repticon in Columbia, SC and bought some leopard geckos there. That is a 1300 mile drive from Sioux Falls, SD. Obviously the Leopard Gecko community needs to be warned about this individual and his disputing charges pattern of behavior as of late. If anyone has any question about an order from him they receive they can certainly contact me and I will confirm if they have the right info.

I did receive an ambiguous e-mail in response to a "please stop the dispute" e-mail (posted above, both) that someone would e-mail Monday afternoon. I am waiting to see what happens there.
Could this be the same Gregory? http://www.wral.com/news/local/wral_...story/9540088/. Seems odd to drive 1300 miles to attend a reptile show. Columbia is about 3.5 hours away from Raleigh.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:29 PM   #26
brd7666
Is this him?
[/img]http://wakemugshots.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/%7BB05207A7-A807-4BF9-9376-AFBCB114EA56%7D.0.JPG[img]

http://wakemugshots.com/gregory-austin-decurtis/

Quite a bit of info about him on the web

Old 08-29-2016, 07:31 PM   #27
brd7666
I did it backwards

Old 08-29-2016, 07:46 PM   #28
brd7666
Quote:
I wouldn't worry about him taking legal action against you. There is no breach of confidentiality. You should post all of the information you have blacked out. Also, if he wins the dispute, there will be in all reality, nothing you can do. It wouldn't be worth your while. Like Paypal told me when someone did a charge back on me, it's a risk of doing business.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:48 PM   #29
Gecko Ranch
I did come across the Raleigh guy mentioned above and wondered!

Old 08-30-2016, 01:56 PM   #30
Gecko Ranch
Here is the latest communication (page two is blank). I don't think at this point there is any option besides them dropping the dispute, then the money will go right back in my account. Why isn't it just as easy to pay the credit card what is owed? I don't want to get in trouble with Discover either. This e-mail is not putting them in a good light - even if the card is closed there is a balance there with this dispute.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!