Bad Guy Sara Garcera or aka Sara Garsara on FaunaClassifieds - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:09 PM   #21
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhat2 View Post
I will call them and see what I can get accomplished.
Curious, what did you find out Ronnie?

Old 10-13-2016, 01:49 AM   #22
ronhat2
Nothing yet, I called his business and he wasn't there and left a message and he hasn't return the call. I am also waiting on my necropsy report from OSU to be completed to let give complete information.

Old 10-13-2016, 01:52 AM   #23
ronhat2
Necropsy report form to OSU
Attached Images
File Type: pdf CCF10112016.pdf (608.3 KB, 127 views)

Old 10-23-2016, 12:52 PM   #24
ronhat2
I got the necropsy back and the Garcera's won't answer the phones. I got thier home phone number and left a message for Sara's Dad to call me back a couple days ago. The woman on the phone wouldn't share her name and now all I get is the phone to ring 3 times and then what seems like a fax sounds goes off. Her work place picked up and I asked them to call me and nothing. Seems like my next step is certified mail. Attached is the necropsy report from Ohio State University.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Egyptian Tortoise Necropsy.pdf (484.7 KB, 59 views)

Old 10-23-2016, 01:45 PM   #25
bcr229
What was the purchase price + shipping for the torts?

Old 10-23-2016, 02:04 PM   #26
otorresusmc
Obviously this is not your fault but why on earth would you ever send money through a method where your purchase is not protected? Im in the process of making a purchase from someone who had a questionable post on here. He had originally asked for paypal sent as friends and family. I advised him of my concern and offered to send the money as goods and services and i would include extra to cover the paypal fees he would be charged as the seller. He did agree to this and it provides me protection under paypals payment protection plan. I cant even fathom spending 5K on animals sight unseen and sending it through a method with no option for a dispute claim should something go awry. Again no blame on you for her shady business practices i just think you should have protected yourself better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 10-24-2016, 03:52 AM   #27
ronhat2
Yes, you are so correct and never again. I had some history with her and although I felt for the most part she was a fairly good character. But I take that was not the case and perhaps she was burned by the person that she had bought these guys from in the beginning. I knew where and when and figured they couldn't be in bad shape that quickly. I was stupid and I know it but I really don't figure everyone is out to get me either. She is young and perhaps it will be cleared up but I know that it will take some time. I won't use Google Wallet ever again for something like this but then again.

Old 10-24-2016, 04:07 AM   #28
ronhat2
So to explain, about my history with her. I had known here for several months and I sold her some tortoises from, my end. The transaction went smooth and no problems were noted. So I knew her a bit and have worked with her. So seemed to be a fairly put together person but sometimes people have a tendency to step outside the box.

Old 10-31-2016, 09:56 AM   #29
ronhat2
I had corresponded to a thread on computer to assess my situation through TheLaw.com. Here is what he had to say and for the life of me I don't know how he figured that they were under 4" but this is what he had to say.

Even if you had a case, doing anything about it through the court suystem is nearly impossible.

The seller lives in CA.
You live in OH.
If you plan on suing her, off to CA you must go.
In some cases you MIGHT be allowed to plead your case via an internet connection.
That will be up to the judge or hearing officer.

The other problem for you is that it is illegal to sell "small turtles" (that includes tortoises, too) in CA, and the other 49 states, too.

Sell can be interpreted to mean trafficking, or buying.

You could complain to CA law enforcement, federal law enforcement, or Ohio law enforcement.
I suppose you'd approach the state fish and/or wildlife service, same with the feds.

Small under CA law is any turtle/tortoise: the carapace length of less than 4 inches shall not be sold, held for sale, or offered for any other type of commercial or public distribution.

The entire law:
Four-inch Regulations - California Turtle & Tortoise Club
Furthermore, such selling of a turtle/tortoise with a carapace under four inches is illegal under federal law:
Salmonella and Turtle Safety

You might want to forget this entire matter.
That said, this is not my circus, nor are my monkeys involved.
Good luck.

Old 10-31-2016, 10:11 AM   #30
Robert Walker
Did you ever try emailing the mother?
martha@kingrichardsantiques.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!