Bad Guy Josh of OUTBACK REPTILES - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #51
endrin
My friend and i have OCD when it comes to being clean, we have never had any problems with any mites or ticks or anything else. I would send the snake But i am not covering shipping.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #52
snowgyre
Paul, do you or your friend have a probe set and a video camera (or a phone/digital camera with a video setting)? Proof positive of a sexing error would be making a short video on probing the snake and then uploading it to YouTube. I have a YouTube account if you're not willing to create one and I would be glad to temporarily host the video to help you out.

On a side note, Josh sent me a very polite and apologetic email about the mistake he made with me. As far as I'm concerned the communication issue I had with him is water under the bridge and fully resolved, and I would be glad to do business with him again. I understand you're upset Paul, but I do believe that Josh will do what's right by you if this is indeed a sexing mistake.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #53
bullies&balls
Heck no, you sholdn't cover it. I sent a snake out that I showed a pic of to the buyer. She "thought" it was the one from eariler pic. Weights were very similar, so out it went. Buyer informs me that it is NOT the one talked about earlier, I offer to send the other for cost of shipping, NOPE, can't do that. Not the one "i" wanted. I as the seller, sent out the worng animal, so I then shipped out the correct and let her keep the "mistake" Regardless of who sexed or didn't sex what, the time between replys SUCKS !!!!! Now try and DISECT this apart with who do its.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #54
Josh@Outbackreps
Paul just sent you a pm , I am leaving here shortly, but if you want to email me directly that would be good as fauna does not work on my phone.

Thanks.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:03 PM   #55
endrin
That picture is golden as proof, I am sure they will remember the snake from the scar on the nose just a lot fatter. If it comes to that i guess i will have to do the video thing but that also sucks do too gas and time and tolls to drive out to my friends.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #56
DaveyFig
Quote:
Originally Posted by endrin View Post
... that pic is of 2 males the darker one with the penis out is the snake in question. In my email i said i got a cell text that had a pic of it being a male sent to me. Yes i tried for 2 weeks or so to breed it and nothing before bringing it to my friend who discovered the problem.
Quote:
That picture is golden as proof, I am sure they will remember the snake from the scar on the nose just a lot fatter. If it comes to that i guess i will have to do the video thing but that also sucks do too gas and time and tolls to drive out to my friends.
There is only one nose in that picture, and it doesn't have a hemipenis coming out of it. Am I missing a picture that shows the dark snake's nose?

Old 06-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #57
Lucille
Quote:
My friend and i have OCD when it comes to being clean, we have never had any problems with any mites or ticks or anything else.
There are more than mites that people fear and why they are careful about qt. It does not matter how clean you are for one snake to transmit disease to another. I'm not referring to any of the parties in particular, I am just making a point that you tried to breed the snake, and your 'experienced' friend tried to breed the snake, and so now it has been in two collections and if/when it goes back to the seller he will have to qt.
I think if the seller missexed he will make it right, but I think Vanessa's video is a great idea to make sure.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #58
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
....and so now it has been in two collections and if/when it goes back to the seller he will have to qt.
I think if the seller missexed he will make it right, but I think Vanessa's video is a great idea to make sure.
Why wouldn't the seller put it in QT upon receipt, anyway? Even if it had only been in the original buyer's hands the whole time, it'd still present the same potential risk.

I must be missing what some of you are seeing. Is there some valid reason why the buyer can't be taken at his word? I'm guessing that there's some suspicion of buyer's remorse?

Based on what I've seen in the time I've spent reading BOI threads, there seems to be an excessive amount of suggested hoops for the buyer to jump through. Is this being based on the fact that he wants a refund, as opposed to an exchange for an actual female? Personally, I think I'd also be turned off to the point that I wouldn't want to have further dealings with someone whose communcation has left so much to be desired. It's not as if the buyer is coming out of left field on this one. There have been others that have come forth with the same complaint.

I'm just really trying to understand the rationale. Unless there's something I'm missing that implies his hemipene picture is deliberately misleading, why give him such a hassle? I can't remember seeing much precedent for requiring such stringent proof of improper sexing. It's not as if sexing snakes is an exact science, where X subcaudal scales deep automaticallyindicates a female.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #59
endrin
I dont get it myself, its so simple... Josh contacted me by email saying this matter has been told to Ian for the second time, i have yet to hear from him in any way shape or form. From what i understand its out of Josh hands and all on Ian. I guess 10 years of this hobby with no problems is a LONG run from what i have been reading.... Btw Apex, Lancaster is one of my favorite places. Field Of Screams!!

Old 06-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #60
jandsreptiles
Josh, Ryan and Ian are all stand up guys. Be patient and they will take care of it. I know $150 maybe a a lot of money to some people but Outback Reptiles has a lot more at stake than a $150 sale. They will make it right I assure you. They have 1000's of animals to care for and shows every weekend. They are very busy. Most of us have a snake room or 2. Some a small building. Outback has a warehouse facility.

Joe Deavers
J & S Reptiles

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!