Questions for retic owners? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-05-2014, 12:57 PM   #1
ScalesandTails
Question Questions for retic owners?

I have a few questions for people that own reticulated python's.

1) What morph(s) do you own?
2) How many do you own, male or female?
3) How old and big is your retic?
4) Why did you decide to own a retic?
5) Whats your retic(s) name?

Old 03-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #2
ScalesandTails
white albino super tiger
1 male
He's about a year old and 5' long
I've always loved snakes and have always been fascinated by the size and color of retics. When I started working at my local pet store I had to have him, plus the price was to good to pass up.
His name is Sunny.

Optional question: How old were you when you purchased your first retic?
Well my age is 17 and that's when I bought him.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #3
JohnnyBoy198888
Talking Reticulated Pythons

Tiger het albino, Purple albino, White albino, Normal Yellowhead.
4...2 and 2
Female Tiger het albino is around 6 months, she is pushing 5 ft feeds on medium rats every 10 days. Must be black ones... Female Purple is around 7-8 months, she is 7 ft and feeds on jumbo rats weekly more or less... Male white phase is 6 months and close to 5 ft taking medium rats weekly... Yellowhead male is around 7 months and pushing 6 ft. He's on xl rats every 10 days. All on frozen thawed. As you can see each one has their own way, growth, style, etc... All are friendly and tame except for the tiger girl. She still needs some work. Has definitely tamed down a bit since I got her, but not enough just yet.
I'm 22, I have owned reptiles(hundreds) since I was about 16. I devote so much time and research into them. About a year ago, sold my house. Sold entire collection which at that time consisted of around 50 reptiles from burms to nile monitors. Finally moved, settled down in new place and needed to get back into things. Knowing I couldn't rebuild what I once had in this new place, I chose to turn all attention on what was my favorite animal to keep was up until that point last year. Those were retics, their size, their variety, attitude and sharpness. So I bought 2 and 2 several months ago, and they along with work keep me busy. Hope to begin breeding them within the next 2 years and when the time comes after that, would love to get involved with some of the more seriou$ morphs...
The names are Roxy, Remi, Ricky and Romeo.
3 from Bob Clark and 1 from Prehistoric Pets.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #4
ScalesandTails
Thanks for sharring JohnnyBoy198888, you have a very nice set of retics. I agree with you on this
Quote:
As you can see each one has their own way, growth, style, etc...
. Sunny will only eat a medium rat every other week, he will refuse to eat anything unless it's been 2 weeks, this is the reason he's still so small.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:04 PM   #5
JohnnyBoy198888
Bottom line, retics are awesome and we are two of the lucky ones who have the privilege of working with them. For all we know, Sunny might just wind up being the biggest, 3 or 4 years down the line. They are unpredictable in their own ways but a whole ton of fun!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!