have you guy's seen this? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
tradaroo
have you guy's seen this?

Hi , this is not a bad shed, but i dont think its a pied? what do you guy's and gal's make of this?
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
DNA Dragons
May be transitioning into being a pied animal. Either way, that is awesome. Congrats!!!

Old 02-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
angie.h
Interesting ! It really looks like an uneven shed. How long has it been that way? Has it been that way all along?

Old 02-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
tradaroo
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie.h View Post
Interesting ! It really looks like an uneven shed. How long has it been that way? Has it been that way all along?
Nope,she already shed. I have 3 more from the same clutch that look similar. I hope they are a pied!

Old 02-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
DNA Dragons
Where did the parents come from, are the related? I am working with BBD poss-pied line, so I am curious. 3 in one clutch, suspicious odds.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #6
Ed Clark
Calling that a pied is a big stretch.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
tradaroo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
I quess im calling it a " I wish it was a pied", the dad is a hypo trans, the mom is a hypo leather. It's different.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #8
witblits
Nice!

Old 02-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #9
DNA Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
Pied bearded dragons hatch normal, and lose color in patches as they mature. There is also an "anery patch" as well as a "purple patch" phenotype of the hypo + translucent gene polygenic combination. Pied is possible, but likely a purple patch and furthermore, if there are three of them, it's likely something completely different. I have not watched any of the above transition, I cannot say what to expect,

To the op: Are there any non-translucent dragons losing color too, or is this expressed only in the translucent offspring?

Old 02-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #10
tradaroo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA Dragons View Post
Pied bearded dragons hatch normal, and lose color in patches as they mature. There is also an "anery patch" as well as a "purple patch" phenotype of the hypo + translucent gene polygenic combination. Pied is possible, but likely a purple patch and furthermore, if there are three of them, it's likely something completely different. I have not watched any of the above transition, I cannot say what to expect,

To the op: Are there any non-translucent dragons losing color too, or is this expressed only in the translucent offspring?
Only in the translucents.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!