Check her out!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-21-2005, 11:03 PM   #11
mikeydadog
That is a very clean, sweet looking animal! I'm impressed, VERY, VERY, IMPRESSED!

Old 10-22-2005, 03:56 PM   #12
Southwick Herps
You cant sell her. Thats like, ripping yourself off, she is an amazing girl, Id have to say, THE BEST example I have ever seen.

Old 10-24-2005, 12:13 PM   #13
goldenboids
Thanks so much for the compliments. Even though the pics represent how she looks, she is so much more stunning in person. I know if I sell her I'll probably kick myself, but I figure if I'm not gonna breed her, I'll give somebody else the chance to. She is a fine specimen, and would be a great addition to the blood line. So, if you guys know of anybody interested in purchasing a top notch Salmon, send them my way!!

Old 10-24-2005, 09:32 PM   #14
Southwick Herps
You dont think you'd have a pair for her down the line?

Old 10-25-2005, 08:02 AM   #15
goldenboids
I would have a mate for her, but I'm slowly depleting my collection. I really plan on being out of boas before she's ready to breed. Believe me I'm in no rush to get rid of her, but if somebody wants the opportunity to add her to their collection, I'll give them the chance. You just don't see salmons like this very often. I'm not even sure what to ask for her.

Old 11-01-2005, 06:39 PM   #16
magick-bears
I am curiouse as to why you are getting out of Boas when you produce such nice animals. Also can you or someone else tell me what the difference is (phenotypicly) between a Salmon and a Super Salmon? I understand that genetically the Supers are homozygous and the Salmon are heat. But when I looked at your girl I thought she was a Super.

~Jeff C.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:11 PM   #17
goldenboids
I appreciate the compliment. I'm going to be getting out of boas for a couple reasons actually. I got a promotion at work and will be moving to a different town eventually and don't want to drag everything along with me. I'll probably keep a few because I do enjoy them so much.

You are correct that the Salmons are heterozygous for the hypomelanism trait, and the Supers are homozygous, but it is hard to tell just by looking. If you bred two Supers together, 100% of the offspring will be homozygous.

In dealing with the Salmons I feel that quality really matters. The animals with little to no speckling make for a much more striking boa. I was very picky in selecting the male to breed with my females. I ended up going with a "K" grade Salmon from Rich Ihle who was a possible super. Unfortunately he didn't turn out to be a Super, but I can't complain much because he does produce some outstanding boas for me. Of course, in a little they don't all look like this girl, but there were quite a few that did. She just happened to be my choice to hold back for future breeding, but the recent turn of events is going to force me to reduce my collection dramatically.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:15 PM   #18
goldenboids
little = litter

Old 11-02-2005, 04:10 PM   #19
SSReptiles
Wow, that is one hot salmon! She's making me drool!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!