James Wollitz - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2005, 12:56 AM   #1
brianklein
Warning! James Wollitz

Last week I was going through reptibid looking at anoles......I noticed a guy selling brown anoles out of florida. I looked at the questions/answers post part of the auction and noticed immediately that he was slow in responding to other people's ?'s. I watched the auction over a few days to see how it progressed. The 3rd day I noticed that he finally replied and one of the replies was (almost a quote), " I am tired of calculating shipping if you want to know what it is to your area here is my zip code do it yourself." My eyebrows raised and I thought, hmmmm a little harsh. The next day someone else must have thought it too and told him in no uncertain terms that he had a bad attitude and that if he was going to be around the herp community he was going to have to take a little more time with people and that he might want to tone down his attitude a little. Well the auction closed and I did not even bid on it......Two days later A guy emails me and asks me to take over the auction for him citing family problems(he had won the auction). I agreed, only to help him out, even though I had bad feelings in the beginning. Over the last four days I have tried to work out the details with the seller. I emailed him telling him that the guy had asked me to take over and waited for two days to get a ONE SENTENCE reply. Now mind you that the total of the sale was miniscule compared to what I and others spend on our herps, but his reply was "yea the total is $20 dollars." I replied asking him if he was still holding the original animals from the auction or if he was going to catch more when I sent him the money as well as confirming the total because from what the other guy said the total he gave me did not include shipping. Two days later I get another one sentence reply,"Yea 20 but not including shipping." still not asnswering my ?"s. I pressed a little harder in the next email to get my ?'s answered and he sends me," i really dont need your money, its a measly 20 bucks. if your going to be a smart ass, i dont need you." I was blown away because I was just trying to help someone out so that they could keep their good name. Well needless to say I blasted him in the next email and said some things that I would probably take warning points for here, so I won't post it at this time. Moral of the story is beware of JAMES WOLLITZ. He did not get any of my money, but I have been around the block a couple of times and can see bad things on his horizon. He has a lot of lesson's to learn yet. If you deal with him proceed with caution.
Brian
Gr8geckos@hotmail.com