Donald Schultz - Mfezi (Bad Guy) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:30 PM   #21
RJK890
More like:
SOP = Shady Opereating Procedure. I mean how many times does he get to screw up at his customers expense? Maybe the initial purchase was all that she could afford at this time. Say she pays shipping back to him and the next one is DOA, or another He-She. Does she pay return shipping again?

I purchased a 1. Pastel het Axanthic last year that arrived DOA.The seller had me ship the dead animal back at his expense, let me pick from the remaining two, and shipped me a replacement animal at his expense again. That is a "good guy" and should be SOP. That seller will get my repeated business, and referall.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:34 PM   #22
KelliH
Your customer should not be charged for your sexing mistake. Period. It's bad business to punish your customer for your error.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:39 PM   #23
RJK890
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH:
Your customer should not be charged for your sexing mistake. Period. It's bad business to punish your customer for your error.
Amen! I would not purchase from a seller with those TOS.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:43 PM   #24
DISCERN
RJK890....

Great point and you hit the nail on the head exactly!!
Could be " Selfish Operating Procedure " as well!!!

It is completely selfish, IMO, that a seller would make a paying customer send back an animal at the customer's expense, if it was the seller's fault to begin with in the problem of being missexed. I will say Don does seem like a good guy overall, but one thing I am remembering is this. The seller said that she let Don know that Ken Foose sexed the snake and according to her in her first post, Don said that if Ken says it was a male, then it was a male. Don so far has not denied saying that. Well, Don should call Ken directly then, to confirm with Ken as well. That way, he can hear what Ken has to say as well.

Don needs to do the right thing in this. I am hoping he will!!

I would never do any business with any breeder that would make the customer ship a snake back with their own expense, if it was NOT what they ordered. Fortunately, none of the breeders I know would do such a thing.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:49 PM   #25
John E Dove
Then you folks would all consider the dealers whose TOS statements I posted to be shady or dishonorable dealers?

Old 06-26-2008, 08:54 PM   #26
DISCERN
What I don't get is that why is it so hard to understand something so simple? Someone apparently did not get what they ordered. That is it. If this truly was a mistake on the seller, than the customer should not be made to pay any more!!!

Would you want to pay for shipping if this happened to you? I didn't think so.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:55 PM   #27
KelliH
Quote:
Then you folks would all consider the dealers whose TOS statements I posted to be shady or dishonorable dealers?
Not necessarily as they may have their TOS worded in such a way as to protect themselves. When it comes down to a similar problem, I don't believe most sellers with any sense of morals and decency would request that their customer pay for the return of shipping an incorrectly sexed animal. Do you??

Old 06-26-2008, 09:23 PM   #28
John E Dove
LOL, Great save Ms. Hammack, you should consider running for office.
When I was checking for TOS info I just looked at sites I have book marked. Now I am not sure how many of them are 100% reputable Breeders/Dealers but I KNOW that at least 5 on that list are great to deal with and are very honorable.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:43 PM   #29
Chameleon Company
John,
You spent a lot of time cutting and pasting shipping TOS so as if to make some definitive point. You may have even grabbed from my site. I do not know. My TOS state that I am not obligated for any return shipping, that the customer is. That's my backstop anyway. With that as my terms, on the occasions that there has had to have been a replacement, additional shipping, etc, the number of times I have stuck the customer is less than 25%, and in those instances, the customer was still coming out way ahead, in that I was replacing an animal that they didn't like, and not once asking them to return the original animal, only pay shipping for the replacement. Many vendors are equally generous to their customers. The point is that a fallback "policy" is one thing. Doing what is ethical, if not erring on the side of the customer, is something else. Many breeders/vendors with the policies you quoted are not so intransient so as to stick the customer every way that their TOS allow. The seller made a choice here. Penny wise and dollar foolish to some.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:46 PM   #30
MRC31
Don has a good reputation. I think she should ship it back (her expense) and if it was indeed mis-sexed he should refund all shipping and purchase price. If it is sexed correctly it should be sent back-all at her expense. I couldn't imagine he would make her pay for his mistake. I like Ken Foose and he is a good guy, but he makes mistakes also. I received in a trade a juvenille 1.1 pair of sand boas, and later on another female. I stuck the now adults together and they wont have anything to do with each other. I probed them all female, not a big deal to me. I think that mistake is in my favor. Perhaps Ken made the mistake? I think she should post pictures of the said animal and have somebody else probe it.
Are tentacled snakes more difficult to sex? Perhaps Don has more experience with them? Just a thought.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!