Donald Schultz - Mfezi (Bad Guy) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:48 AM   #41
LauraB
Don says he's sure he sent a female. Susan says she had Ken Foose probe and it was determined the snake is a male. I respect the experience and knowledge of both men.

Perhaps, in addition to photos as Frank has suggested, Ken could comment on his findings. It's kind of difficult to speculate just who made a mistake and who is responsible for what when there is a third party already named who hasn't come forward. So far it really is a matter of she said he said & he says.

Ken, what say you?

Old 06-27-2008, 02:26 AM   #42
KelliH
Quote:
LOL, Great save Ms. Hammack, you should consider running for office. When I was checking for TOS info I just looked at sites I have book marked. Now I am not sure how many of them are 100% reputable Breeders/Dealers but I KNOW that at least 5 on that list are great to deal with and are very honorable.
LOL, that's actually really funny but only because it makes you seem so silly!

You are probably the only one that doesn't understand (or pretends not to understand!) what I meant. Here's an example for you: my TOS states that

Quote:
A 25% deposit is required to hold an animal for up to one week. We are open to working out payment plans on high end purchases, please inquire. All deposits are non refundable.
Now, I have that last line in there in order to protect myself from those that may have a habit of changing their minds about an animal on a whim. However, if a customer becomes ill, or loses their job, or has a death in their family and can no longer afford the animal that they have placed on hold, I would not keep their deposit. I would give it back to them because I am not an unethical, greedy and thoughtless person without a conscience. That's the same reason I would not have the audacity to charge a customer even more money due to my screw up in mis sexing an animal.

I just don't understand how you can possibly think that it is ok to do that.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:53 AM   #43
John E Dove
I would tend to agree with Mr. Soos & Ms. Bolt, perhaps pics should be taken proving gender. Or perhaps the snake should be shipped back and allow Mr. Schultz to determine for himself the gender and IF am mistake was made.
I am confident that IF a mistake was made he will make everything right.

Ms. Hammak,
My "running for office" comment was made due to your deflective response to the question I posted previously. Politicians are masters at that, no insult intended.

I do get it BTW, but I since I missed Mr. Foose's post to this thread confirming his gender ID of the snake I am not willing to convict one person on only the word of another person.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:22 AM   #44
spawn
I misspoke in my post on page 8. Don allegedly sent a male rather than a "sexed pair", when the customer wanted a female.

Yeah, I mean I just think the OP should have documentation or pictures or something before everyone jumps on Don. If you send someone an animal you're confident of, then they go and say something and want a refund or return, you'd be pretty apprehensive about it too. It's a battle of one's man confidence against another at this point.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:53 PM   #45
KelliH
Quote:
I do get it BTW, but I since I missed Mr. Foose's post to this thread confirming his gender ID of the snake I am not willing to convict one person on only the word of another person.
I understand but let's be clear: I was not convicting anyone. I was making the argument that sellers should not force their customers to pay for shipping mis sexed animals back to them.

BTW, if both snakes had hemipenes (and this can be verified by Ken) then that pretty much leaves no question as to them both being male. I hope this situation can be worked out, Regards.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:27 PM   #46
gant77
I can't really add more to this than the TOS in regards to shipping at my job with
a MAJOR MAJOR retail department store in the call center department. I am what they call a Customer Inquiry Representative, basically I clean up whatever messes a a regular CSR has done. I handle a ton of situations every day regarding S&H. These are,in a nutshell, terms in regards to S&H for my place of employment.
If a customer has placed a order and wants to return a item and Re-order a new one just because they dont like it or it didn't feel good, they HAVE to pay S&H for the new item. On the other hand if they order say a YELLOW shirt and they received a RED shirt, we will Re-Order the shirt that they asked for in the first place and waive the S&H. Why?? It's becasue of our mistake. We are not going to punish someone for something the business has done.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:41 PM   #47
John E Dove
Oh, almost forgot to identify whose TOS info I was quoting earlier in the thread.

TOS #1. Serpenco – Also known as Webslave the owner of the Fauna Site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove
"Any retail purchase may be returned for a full refund, replacement, or credit, for any reasonable cause of dissatisfaction related to the health of an animal, as long as I am notified and the order is shipped back to me within 30 days with the freight charges prepaid. Shipping expenses are non-refundable."
TOS #2. VMS
Quote:
"Shipping costs are not refundable by us (although the carrier may do so if they are at fault). We must file claim on this and we will forward your refund to you immediately upon receipt by us."
TOS #3. Mark Lucas
Quote:
"Once I have determined that you have a valid claim I will at my discretion offer you either a refund, replacement animals, or credit to be used on future purchases. Please note that credits and refunds for shipping and packing charges are at my discretion and will be considered case by case."
TOS #4. Bob Clark
Quote:
"All animals are guaranteed to be healthy, feeding and properly sexed. If you are not satisfied we will replace any animal for the cost of the return freight if notified within 24 hours of receipt"
TOS #5. Maximum Reptiles
Quote:
"If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your purchase you must notify us immediately so that steps can be taken to rectify the situation. No Cash Refunds. After the four hour time limit expires we assume no further liabilities. This policy exist because once an animal leaves our facility, we no longer have control over its care or envirorment. The four hour period after the shipment arrives is to allow you to inspect the animal(s) and make sure you are satisfied with your purchase. No live arrival guarantee on shipments sent to destinations below 40(f) or above 89(f). No live arrival guarantee on shipments delayed by or mishandled by any overnight services (Ups,Express mail,Fedex,Etc. No live arrival guarantee on shipments sent via door to door services such as Ups,Express mail,Fedex,Etc. No live arrival guarantee on any amphibians and arachnids at any time. XXXXX Reptiles will not be responsible for any additional freight/shipping or postage charges for replacement animal(s)."
TOS #6. New England Reptile Distributors
Quote:
"if there are any problems we need to know about them right away. Please contact us to discuss credit or replacement on animals with which you are dissatisfied (no cash refunds). Refunds are only available in the event that *we* are unable to provide the animal(s) as agreed upon."
TOS #7. South Mountain Reptiles
Quote:
"Upon receipt, if for any reason you are not satisfied with the reptile(s) we sent, you may return them within 48 hours for replacement or credit. Return shipping expenses are the responsibility of the customer unless prearranged otherwise. "

As I said, “I KNOW that at least 5 on that list are great to deal with and are very honorable.”

Old 06-27-2008, 05:18 PM   #48
Chameleon Company
Some folks just don't get it.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #49
jfarah
I don't participate in these threads much, but this one is just bothering me for some reason. Maybe it's the title of the post with "bad guy" in there that I can't stand seeing... We all know Don is not a bad guy and I personally think this thread should be removed and the buyer and seller can work something out like mature grown adults.

If i was an admin on this site I'd yank this thread.

It's turned into a debate on whether or not the seller is responsible for returned shipping in the event of a problem. Maybe we could discuss that somewhere else?

I hate even posting this here because it will keep this thread at the top of the BOI for another minute where it does not belong.

Don, you don't deserve one of these "bad guy" posts and I feel for ya, man. Sorry you have to deal with this...

Old 06-27-2008, 05:39 PM   #50
DISCERN
Quote:
Oh, almost forgot to identify whose TOS info I was quoting earlier in the thread.

TOS #1. Serpenco – Also known as Webslave the owner of the Fauna Site.

TOS #2. VMS

TOS #3. Mark Lucas

TOS #4. Bob Clark

TOS #5. Maximum Reptiles

TOS #6. New England Reptile Distributors

TOS #7. South Mountain Reptiles

As I said, “I KNOW that at least 5 on that list are great to deal with and are very honorable.”

Again, this is really not rocket science, and it seems like you like to argue for the sake of arguing. These quotes don't do a thing at all to explain your position. Notice that the mistake of the seller missexing a snake is nowhere mentioned.
And also, you wasted time putting in South Mountain's quote as well, since he and I recently spoke about this very issue and agrees with me as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!