Reptiles Express?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 09-04-2010, 01:04 AM   #1
ladysilkworm
Question Reptiles Express??

Thanks for the two wonderful ppl that pointed out this service to me.

Their rates are great and I would love to use them.
However, I have a few questions:

1. I ship silkworms only. Does the label say reptiles?? Would that be a problem at the UPS drop off?
2. can I integrate their shipping calculator into my website?? I would like to pass the savings to the customers.
3 I assume the only way for me to print labels is to manually input it myself on their website?
4. ONce I print the labels, do the customers get an email notification??
5. DO I get an email notification>?

I am looking for full automation to save time and manual labor. I hate retyping addresses. Currently I use paypayl's UPS with the discount, but it is not as good as theirs. But oaypal/ UPS is pretty convenient thanks to the system integration. It is seamless. I am hoping reptiles express is just as good, but I don't think they have a sophisticated systems requiring the aid of a developer to make this integration happen...do they?

Thank you so much for your help!

Old 09-04-2010, 02:04 AM   #2
chamgirl99471
Contact Debbie@reptilesexpress with those questions and she can give you the answers you need. She's the customer service representative for them.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
ladysilkworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamgirl99471 View Post
Contact Debbie@reptilesexpress with those questions and she can give you the answers you need. She's the customer service representative for them.
I did, but I am very anxious to know about this program. Too bad it is a long weekend. Ah! No matter, I would still like to use this program if I have to hand type everything in.. If I can get one shipment in ONE Day local and pay less than USPS I will have very happy customers

Old 09-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
GreenCountryHerp
Debbie is really quick with responses. I put the wrong zip code on one of my packages and didn't realize it until I printed the label and paid for it. She refunded my money within minutes and I reprinted a new label with the right zip code and sent my package on its way. Their customer service is top notch. I think you will be very pleased with them.

Old 09-04-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
GreenCountryHerp
Also I wanted to add, when you print off the labels they do not say anything about "reptiles". There is a space at the bottom of the label where you can write in any comments if you wanted to.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:46 PM   #6
chamgirl99471
I agree... One of my customers gave me the wrong zip code and the package had been delayed.. Debbie was on the phone with the HUB in his area within minutes to have them hold onto the package instead of waiting till the next day to attempt delivery... she was in constant contact with me the whole time through E-mail even telling me when he had picked it up because I wasn't tracking it constantly like she was... I would check every 10 minutes or so but she was keeping a constant eye on it. She is definately great with communication

Old 11-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #7
coldbloodedcages
I wanted to explain the current situation with RE and UPS. We have a few people in corporate UPS that have been battling for RE and the reptile industry. There was only 2 more issues we have been working with UPS to find a permanent solution to: Snake Shipping and 3rd party billing (reselling labels). Early this week we made a huge step forward and got waiver free snake shipping approved with UPS through RE. Today we received some very bad news from UPS. The folks in UPS that have been working very hard to get these issues approved lost a very important battle today. We have been told that UPS has sent out a cease and desist order to SYR and pulled there accounts. They told RE today that they can not keep the lawyers from sending the same letter to us. We have been told are accounts are still active and we will need to wait for some of the fires to be put out before they will allow RE as a reseller of shipping labels to the reptile industry. We have 6 months of emails and phone calls assuring RE that our website and business plan was approved before we officially launched our site and most of the problems we have had are from outside pressure being applied to UPS. We will continue to work with UPS to work out this unfortunately series of events and will do everything we can to offer reasonable overnight reptile shipping in the future. We have removed the label option from our website until further notice. We wanted to apologize to all of our members and promise we will do everything possible to work this out with UPS. I placed a call to Chad at SYR today to see if we can work together with UPS to resolve these issues. I have not received a call back. I think at this point we just need to work with UPS together and stop the heat that is being applied at the corporate office. Thanks for the support and please post this in the other forums. We can't hit them all.

Brendan Tighe - Partner
ReptilesEXPRESS.com

Old 11-10-2010, 09:46 PM   #8
Curious George
Its just a money grab by UPS. Its the reselling labels discount. They looked at folks who had prior accounts of their own, then have alternatively switched to SYR and RE, leaving some prior account balances in the lurch, or simply just gotten better discounts then when they had solo accounts. Tough economy, and UPS is flexing some muscle.

Would be nice if Fedex would enable some label reselling, and both SYR and RE could tell UPS to shove it. Hope it works out.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #9
Melendez0213
I wanted to add that I shipped using Reptile Express (Debbie is AWESOME) I recommend them to everyone. My exp with them and UPS was GREAT! I do hope to use the service again...

Susana

Old 01-23-2011, 06:54 PM   #10
chamgirl99471
HI Everyone... I just wanted to put this out there. If you have been satisfied with Reptiles Express and their services please contact debbie@reptilesexpress.com as soon as possible. Ask her what she needs and when and she'll respond as soon as she can Thanks in advanced to all those who do this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!