Shipping leos? is this a must? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-10-2004, 10:18 PM   #1
LeopardGeckoMan
Shipping leos? is this a must?

Is it a must to have an insulated box if you have heat or cold packs in the container. And can i just have a styrofoam box and put heat packs (or cold packs) along the sides of the container?

Old 11-10-2004, 10:23 PM   #2
riverjop
but a styrofoam box has no strenght, and will crack and break easily. Thats why you have a box around the styrofoam!!!!!

Old 11-10-2004, 10:26 PM   #3
LeopardGeckoMan
So i can get a regular cardboard box, put styro in it and then put my deli cups with the packets on the deli cups?

thanks for ur replie.

Old 11-10-2004, 10:31 PM   #4
Jeremy Letkey
Tyler, the styro is for reinforcing the cardboard box as much as insulation. I would also suggest that you do not place the heat or cold packs in direct contact with the delis. You should tape them to the box itself and have newspaper between the delis and the heat or cold pack.

Old 11-10-2004, 10:38 PM   #5
progeckos
Definitely use the Styrofoam with the cardboard box. Don’t chance the life of the leo. You can get insulated boxes fairly cheap at Superior Enterprise.

Also I’ve noticed that using Styrofoam peanuts gives the box a better insulation that with newspaper. When I was shipping out roaches I was using the peanuts and I’ve started using them with the leos. So far it’s working great.

Old 11-10-2004, 10:43 PM   #6
riverjop
Cody& Jeremy, as long as your not shrink-wapping your leo's!

Girlie men!

Old 11-10-2004, 10:51 PM   #7
LeopardGeckoMan
Also I’ve noticed that using Styrofoam peanuts gives the box a better insulation that with newspaper. When I was shipping out roaches I was using the peanuts and I’ve started using them with the leos. So far it’s working great.

If i do get those insulated boxes do i still need the peanuts? Or would it be best to get a box and instead of using styrofoam just use the peanuts because they wont let the box get crushed. Plus wouldnt it be cheaper than buying 50es box those things for 130!?

Old 11-10-2004, 10:56 PM   #8
progeckos
Personally I would use both the insulated box and peanuts. The more comfortable the leo is the better.

No matter what I would use the insulated box but if you don’t want to use the peanuts you can just use the newspaper.

Old 11-10-2004, 11:00 PM   #9
Jeremy Letkey
Tyler, if cheap is what you want,[sarcasam] then get yourself a couple of stamps and an envelope and away you go[/sarcasam] (please note the sarcasam). If you want your geckos to get to their destination safely, then check out Cody's web site. He has a good how to guide.

http://www.progeckos.com/

Old 11-11-2004, 05:21 PM   #10
LeopardGeckoMan
Well you see i would do that. But those stamps cost so darn much. Whoever heard 35¢ to send a leo... i mean comon guys your rippin me off here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!