Aptor - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-13-2004, 03:13 PM   #41
robin d.
dan,
i have this thing called a Hyneeglow? and let me tell you it's outragiously bright.... its so bright you have to wear shades shoot i dont look at em because im afraid it will blind me its so bright... wanna see?

Old 11-13-2004, 03:15 PM   #42
Storm55
Robin,

That sounds like a medical problem!

-Jackie
StormGecko

Old 11-13-2004, 04:30 PM   #43
Dan Lubinsky
Hey Robin, Sounds like the ultimate morph to me. I'd better resist temptation and not look or I'd just have to have it. Then I'd be spending 4 or 5 hours a day feeding it. Ahh, what the heck - I wanna see !!

Old 11-13-2004, 04:55 PM   #44
geckokreeper
Lightbulb

I agree with what you all are saying. But there are differences between alot of the (Hybinos,Sunglows,Hyglos,Aptor) Mainly the color. So could one say Tangerine Hybino, Yellow Hybinos or CT Tangerine Hybino? Garrick has Hybinos that are Yellow and dont look to have CT while others have Tangerine W/CT. So would they all be Hybinos or would you call them how you see them Tangerine CT Hybino (HYglo,Sunglo, Aptor) or whatever one wants to call them? I think they are changing the names as there looks to be alot of color differences in alot of the Hybinos so instead of saying Tangerine Hybino they want to come up with a more catching name. Its like Kelli said marketing. Its smart to get more attention for them but it can also be misleading. Anyways I was just wondering if they are all just Hybinos like everyone is saying shouldnt they be called by the color like every other morph out there? If its Tangerine and its a Hybino its a Tangerine Hybino?

Old 11-13-2004, 05:39 PM   #45
chondrokeeper
Quote:
So would they all be Hybinos or would you call them how you see them Tangerine CT Hybino
Let's just call 'em...

hypermelanistic blazing banana blizzard hybino Ct aptor jungle snows that are het for rainwater, bell, stripe, reverse striped, and NORMAL

Note: Aptor covers Tremper albino.

OR, ...the shock the horror....let's just call em freaking leopard geckos.

You know what we sound like....

My pikachu beats your giggly bear thingy-ma-bob. Horrible and pathetic!

Chris

Edit:

Quote:
dan,
i have this thing called a Hyneeglow?
We don't want to hear about your personal life Robin

Old 11-13-2004, 06:32 PM   #46
Dan Lubinsky
Chris, I like hearing about Robin's personal life, this thread's about burnt anyway. I really do like cute herper chicks, and my Charizard can beat your Pikachu.

Old 11-13-2004, 07:04 PM   #47
KelliH
Ok, I think it all boils down to this...

If you like the way the Aptors look, and you have the $750 to buy one, you should get one! If you prefer the Hyglos, or the Sunglows, and have the money to buy them, go for it! They are beautiful leopard geckos, they are no doubt worth every penny of the price.

Old 11-13-2004, 07:27 PM   #48
Dan Lubinsky
Absolutely right, Kelli. These aren't locality specific animals that we need to keep pure. Who cares if they have an extra bump on their butt or whatever. I'm waiting for the next batch, very hard to resist... close.. wallet...don't.. look...

Old 11-13-2004, 10:19 PM   #49
Monte
I don't get too whipped up about this . . .

. . . actually, I'm happy for him. He's making a decent living, and you don't see a whole lot of people complaining. Probably the biggest mistake was with the giants, but they are still cool looking animals.

RT produces awesome animals - is a great marketeer, but probably needs to take a refresher genetics course from Prof Newsom. That doesn't take away from the looks of that APTOR. Even for me, a Fru-Fru hater - you gotta love that look.

Oh, and Robin, maybe you need more calcium for that hyneeglow . . .

Old 11-13-2004, 10:33 PM   #50
Blazin
Or it could boil this way!

They are stunning animals and if you like them but can't spare and extra 7 bills to a grand. You could always make your own! Talk about satisfaction! Thats where its at!!! Course I didn't want to pay 6 bucks for Albino sailfin mollies so I'm making some of my own! LOL!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!