Moderator (s) needed - apply within, please. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
WebSlave
Moderator (s) needed - apply within, please.

I'm looking to add one or more moderators to help out with the increasing workload here. In the past, I simply selected someone who had caught my eye as being a positive force here, being active more than most, and helpful in many ways. A clear perspective of what is best for the membership and this site, as well as being able to maintain an objective view in situations where many other people might lose their cool were traits I looked for.

Yes, there are several people I have in mind, but I decided to do things a little differently this time around.

In the past, over on CornSnakes.com, I tended to allow the membership to nominate members they preferred to have as a moderator on that site, and from that nomination list I would generate a poll to then allow the membership to vote on the person they felt would be best for the position. Actually people seemed to enjoy not only the process, but also the fact that they were allowed that choice to selecting the mods they felt would best do the job I needed for the site.

So let's try that here, shall we?

In this thread, I would like to have members nominated for moderator by a third party. In other words I'm not looking for volunteers, but someone else to nominate another member for the job. The idea behind this is if there isn't a single person willing to nominate someone else for the job, then quite likely someone nominating themselves is probably not going to work well for them getting votes.

Now, once someone is nominated, THAT person MUST accept the nomination. I don't want someone drafted into the job unwillingly, so they will need to actually accept that nomination within this thread to be considered in the voting. So if you nominate someone (one or more is acceptable), then be certain to contact that person to let them know so they can come here to accept that nomination. Otherwise they just will not be included in the voting thread.

Additionally, any of the current mods can veto anyone who is nominated if they feel that new addition to the team may cause internal conflicts. I believe this is fair, because I need everyone working as moderators here to get along well and work towards the common goal of helping to guide the membership to make this site work. So if they have a personal conflict with someone, I believe it would be quite detrimental to this site to throw them together into the same cage unwillingly.

Please make the nomination in your post CLEARLY visible so I don't have to search them out when constructing the poll thread. If I miss someone because their name is embedded in a 2,000 word post, well, sorry, but it's unlikely I will go back and construct a new poll to include that missing entry.

As for the length of time the nominations will run, well, I'm not quite sure. Probably until I feel enough time has elapsed to get everyone we're likely to get.

And if I feel that this just is not working at all, for whatever reason, then I will just end this without notice and forget the idea completely. That means is people have an idea of just nominating people for mod frivolously to try to CREATE strife and conflict, well, sorry, but I'm just not going to allow that to happen.

If I forgot any other details, I'll add them in a subsequent post as needed. Or if anyone has questions, then please post them here as well.

Please make your nominations as soon as you can, so we can get this show on the road. We are getting over 800 posts per day lately, and it's just not practical for the current staff to keep up with them. Before I have to deal with a couple of mods getting burned out, I want to get them some help.

Thank you.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:41 PM   #2
Pythonbreeder99
i would like to nominate Steve Jordanides AKA SPJ he is quite active on fauna and has a good trader rating and i have yet to hear of any negitives relating to him!

Old 03-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #3
shlages
I would like to nominate Polasian. He is active often & helps out a great deal.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:25 PM   #4
StrictlyExotics
I would like to "second" the nomination of Polasian. He is an excellent resource for Fauna and will help make the site grow.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
bradleymoore
i'd like to nominate myself, but i'm going to nominate TattooLost because he's always online.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:42 PM   #6
TattooLost
Here's my nominations, edited for clarity and ease of reading... I'm leaving out the names of those that have already declined. I reserve the right to edit this list in the future again. lol

Steve (SPJ)
Brandi (MissTuniwha)
Sammy (Shrap)

Old 03-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #7
Willow
Uhg really...all men? I think Fauna could use a level headed woman on the Mod team! I nominate Miss Tuniwha!

Old 03-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #8
Pythonbreeder99
okay if were nominating women here then i gotta say Shadera Lorrain of MagickalMorphs

Old 03-21-2010, 08:32 PM   #9
TattooLost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
Uhg really...all men? I think Fauna could use a level headed woman on the Mod team! I nominate Miss Tuniwha!
lol DOH! I actually meant to nominate Brandi too, but I got sidetracked by Sandra calling mid-post. Came back to the computer and completely forgot.

Brandi would definitely make a good mod.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #10
RJK890
A few suggestions.

Tim Johnson.
Mike Curtain.
Richard Carew.
Troi Lilly.

Brandi, and Sammy are good suggestions as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread