Irrigation - got experience? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 07-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Shadera
Irrigation - got experience?

I'm interested in hearing about pasture irrigation, as well as garden irrigation.

What are you using, how much upkeep is it, and how well is it working for you? Swale experience welcome, too!

Old 07-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
FireStorm
Well, the biggest problem we have with ours is the horses breaking the sprinkler heads. One of the horses we have loves to play in the sprinklers, and if you put him in the pasture when they are off, he breaks them so the water will spray out. Haven't come up with a solution to that yet....

Old 07-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
KORBIN5895
Could you put a wire crate over the sprinkler?

Old 07-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
Shadera
Aww man, that's gotta suck with the horse doing that. But I bet it's funny to see.

The property we've got in the works has ten acres, flood irrigated. I've done a bit of research, and it seems like it's the most muss-free way to go. No equipment needed, not a lot of upkeep aside from keeping the ditches clear, etc. There's also a pond, should we need it. Anything that takes pressure off our well.

I'd also like to work in some cisterns for roof water salvage for the garden and such.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!