Neil Gubitz=Good Guy - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-14-2004, 04:21 PM   #11
Vince
neil this isnt a good post, it shows you sold a sick animale and probly knew how sick it was before hand, that way it was easy for you to send out a replacement quick. just becuse you sold a sick animale and made it right when it died doesnt make you a good guy. try selling heathy animales for a change.

Old 01-14-2004, 04:42 PM   #12
Seamus Haley
Since the original poster neglected to add his comments to one of the MANY existing threads about Neil, the opposite side of the coin should be presented in the thread, so that anyone doing a search will get a clearer picture of the general business practices involved.

The same can be said for anyone posting a "Neil Gubitz Bad Guy" thread... Anyone who felt it appropriate to do so could use that thread to cite the good deals that Neil has had.

Of course, if you do a search for Neil's name... There are a lot of "good guy" threads. If you actually read the threads, many of them seem to turn into bad guy threads as they progress. Mostly due to the fact that others seem to be able to follow the rules about posting on existing threads rather than creating new ones.

I also find it very... funny... that someone registers and makes their first post about what a great guy this carnival hawker is, it certainly does seem to happen quite a lot... Wonder if it might be motivated or influenced by something specific.

Simply as a hypothetical here, can anyone besides me visualize Neil stating that he would only replace a snake if a fauna thread was started about it?

Old 01-14-2004, 04:47 PM   #13
Wilomn
Not by the wildest leap of even so great an imagination as yours Seamus, could one so simple as I imagine such a thing as you have suggested. Not at all.

Wes Pollock

Old 01-14-2004, 04:56 PM   #14
Seamus Haley
Speaking strictly for myself here too... If I bought a pair of locale specific (from Neil? Yeah right!) GTP and one died, I don't think a juvenile from another locale (from Neil? Yeah right!) would really represent an appropriate replacement.

Incidentally, to the original poster, who seems to have dissapeared as quickly as he appeared (Like Batman or the Lone Ranger or other fictional types)... Are you *sure* it's a female aru that he replaced it with? Just how old is "juvenile"? Are you aware that it's dangerous to probe or pop many arboreal boids that are under a year old? Who exactly sexed it? Neil doesn't really have a very good track record there.

Old 01-14-2004, 05:04 PM   #15
sputnik
a ? a possible answer and the mystery deepens!

Seamus Haley - If I bought a pair of locale specific (from Neil? Yeah right!) GTP and one died, I don't think a juvenile from another locale (from Neil? Yeah right!) would really represent an appropriate replacement.

Depends on how you define locale? Maybe locally purchased from Florida would be more appropriate.

A juvenile does not hold the same $$ value as an adult. Juveniles should not be sexed untill at least a year old either. Which would make the sex of the juvenile a guess.

Lots of unanswered questions floating here!

Old 01-14-2004, 05:11 PM   #16
Seamus Haley
Problem here is that "juvenile" is used for snakes anywhere from birth/hatching (although "neonate" would be more appropriate) until they become subadults or even adults in some cases... The exact age wasn't specified, the original poster doesn't seem to be around anymore and I wouldn't trust Greedo to tell the truth.

Old 01-14-2004, 05:15 PM   #17
Neil Gubitz
Jason.... I told you they'd start pulling their hair out.... poor little babies....

See what happens when Kindergarten gets out early and their mommies weren't home to change their diapers??.... lmao

Neil

Old 01-14-2004, 05:17 PM   #18
Seamus Haley
I'm bald Neil.

Do you think that your poor track record should not be known to buyers?

I think perhaps it's about time you changed your avatar again too... Something along the following lines perhaps?

Old 01-14-2004, 05:35 PM   #19
Neil Gubitz
Well.... against my better judgement.... here's what happened....

Just before Christmas, I sold Jason a 1.1 pair of 6-month-old Jayapura Chondros that were SOLD TO ME as 1.1 (I NEVER probe or pop baby snakes until they're a year and a half old), I had them a whole week before I sold them.... Both snakes ate pinkies for me the first time offered the day after I received them, with no problems.... About 2 days after Jason got the snakes, he called me to inform me that one of them had an OLD GASH under his throat that I had not seen.... he said that a "whole flap of skin" was hanging off it.... again, news to me.... I told him to wait and see what happened, because it was eating and the scar would probably heal up, but, that IF the snake didn't make it, I would replace it.... period!.... Well.... the snake DID pass away about a week later.... being as it was right around Christmas, I told Jason that right after the Holidays, I would send him a replacement.... HE was the one who asked me to find him a female Aru 6-month-old.... I called a friend of mine who had one.... I paid for it, and right after the New Year, my friend DROP-SHIPPED it for me.... I never even saw it.... Jason was very happy with the replacement snake, and asked if there was any way to say it publicly.... I then told him about this site, I even warned him that he would probably get lambasted by a lot of little children who frequent it.... and, of course, you kids didn't let me down....
Yeah, I lost a couple of hundred dollars on that deal, but, that's the way it goes sometimes....
But, I'm SURE some of you will find fault with this, too, huh??.... Well, go for it, as far as I'm concerned.... you're non-entities.... oh yeah, and so other's don't get the wrong idea.... this is specifically for Wes, Seamus, Sputnik, and poor little Chris...

Neil

PS.... I like that new avatar, Seamus.... he's cute!

Old 01-14-2004, 05:41 PM   #20
Vince
neil you make your self look bad, none of you guys need to even post about this guy. its a shame someone like this is out there selling un heathly animales with gashes on there necks, and doesnt even know about it. seems like this jokester is liveing is makebelive land.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!