Zoological Imports 2000 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-22-2004, 06:26 PM   #1
psykoink
Question Zoological Imports 2000

I am in the midst of closing a deal with Mario from Zoological Imports 2000, and was just curious to know if anyone has had any dalings with them. I have read 1 tread from a while back, and it was very possitive. I was just wondering if anyone can give me any info as to the quality of his animals, and the customer service. I am not looking for anyone to bash him nor am I trying to start a bad thread. I just want to know if my deal will be a pleasurable one that would warant further business transactions. Thank you.
Chris Santamarina
(p.s.- the transaction will be for a pair of captive hatched Indonesian King Cobras. I have a lot of experience with venomous and have a rather large collection just in case the question of why I am buying King Cobras is asked)

Old 01-22-2004, 07:16 PM   #2
KNOBTAIL
I dont understand why Zoologial is

even selling to an individual! Cobras no less!

Old 01-22-2004, 08:07 PM   #3
Blackwater Reptiles
I replied to the other one too, but

I figured I'd respond here as well. I have always been treated well by the folks at Zoo-Imp. Mario treats me with respect and has always dealt with me fairly. I can't ask for much more than that.... Oh, and he has always sent me quality animals too.....

I had no idea he was restricted from selling to "individuals." I thought this was America.

Old 01-22-2004, 08:15 PM   #4
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Personally we have spent alot of money with Mario and Zoological and have always been very pleased with the animals and the service. Most the time we go down and personally hand pick our animals but I have had him Delta Dash orders to me and they have been just as good as what I would have picked out myself. You should have no problems with Mario or Zoological.

Old 01-22-2004, 08:27 PM   #5
KNOBTAIL
TOM, Zoological Imports are importers

that should be selling to other businesses in the trade. If he wants to sell to an individual thats his business . But personally, and its only my opinion, selling King Cobras to individuals is another matter. I am not going to get into the legalities of it, but that happens to be one of the problems we have in this industry. God forbid something happens, then we all suffer. I dont know Mario and Ive never been to Zoological, but i think its irresponsible, and I dont care how experienced the purchaser thinks he may be.

Old 01-22-2004, 08:31 PM   #6
M n R-Reptile
Everyone at Zoological is a pleasure to deal with. I have spent tens of thousands of dollars with them and consider everyone there a personal friend. I visit him probably four times a week or more. His facility is top notch compared to other wholesalers. His rooms are spacious and CLEAN and his animals are always top notch. Most of the stuff gets medicated as soon as it gets there captive or not.
You hsouldnt have any worries with them at all, and if youd like I will post on here when he ships the snakes out and let you know as I will probably help him pack them or something, lol.
More wholesalers should do business in the way ZooIMP does.
Mike

Old 01-22-2004, 08:56 PM   #7
VenomJ
Wink

Mario is one of the best guys in the business. Im only a priviate keeper but 90% of my hots and even a few non venomous have come from Mario. Every single snake I have recieved is top notch. I could not ask for a more better quality of snakes. Even though my buddies and I arent other "dealers" we are all treated great when we are down at Zoological. Their facility is immaculate and you wont see dying, crowded specimens like some other importer down here. Buy with confidence, you will not be dissapointed! I cant wait till the African shipment comes in!

Old 01-22-2004, 09:53 PM   #8
psykoink
" No matter how experienced they think they are"

Jerry,
I am having a hard time understanding what it is you mean when you say "no matter how experienced they think they are". I have been working with hots for many years, and I far from consider myself a beginner. I have all me New York State Venomous Permits, and all the I.D. required by the State to keep, breed and work with Venomous Reptiles. I keep over 10 different species of venomous of which Naja and Bitis make up most of my collection. The transaction between Mario and myself is not illegal in any way. He has copies of all my Permits and other I.D.s requested of me. I am sure being a business man he would know if he is breaking the law. I dont know if what you were implying is a personal attack on someones ability to keep Venomous Species, but if it is then I feel wrongly judged. It would be like me saying something about you without knowing you. I am sure you would be offended as well. Also, I do breed and sell animals of my own as well. I am a certified shipper with Delta Dash, and I do post for sale ads all the time. If I am wrongfully judging you or your quote then I appologize ahead of time.
Thanks,
Chris Santamarina

Old 01-22-2004, 09:58 PM   #9
VenomJ
I didnt really get it either Chris.....

Old 01-22-2004, 10:39 PM   #10
jefjen
Mario is a decent guy. You should have no problems whatsoever..

Now Jerry, I am with you on the selling to the general public at wholesale prices..Mario does require a tax i.d. and business license.. Maybe this guy is a business..
Now, on to your other comment, are you saying that you oppose the keeping of venomous reptiles, or that it is just *irresponsible* to ship venomous??
Please clarify your statement.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!