For Sale Sri Lanka pythons – formerly P. molurus “pimbura” - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Pythons

Notices

Old 07-25-2018, 10:49 PM   #1
Kel Hal
Sri Lanka pythons – formerly P. molurus “pimbura”

Hatched four weeks ago, these are without question some of the very few pure Sri Lanka python lines left in the U. S. My adult breeders can be traced back to a group that was being worked with by Joe Pierce in the 1980’s. Their purity is absolute as can be ascertained by the head pattern and coloration of these adults. While some pure adult Sri Lanka pythons do show slight patterns on the dorsum of the head, all hybrids with other molurus species will always show some head pattern in the adult form. The total lack of any head pattern in adult molurus specimens will always indicate a pure Sri Lanka python.

The other extremely interesting feature is the very unusual docility seen in this bloodline. Sri Lanka pythons have a reputation for aggression that is well earned, as most specimens usually will not tolerate handling. I raised all of my adults from hatchlings and they can be handled with little issue, and although they appear nervous when lifted, they have never once struck or bitten in the 15 plus years I’ve had them. This same trait has been expressed in the young they have produced now and in the past.

CBW permits are required for any interstate shipment outside of Kansas. These can be acquired from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Division of Management Authority. I can step you through the process if needed. CITES documentation is not relevant as I will not be shipping outside the U.S.

I have 2.2 neonates left and asking $1,500 per pair.

My contact info is: kelhal56@hotmail.com or 785-224-7291

Attached are pictures of the female parent and a neonate produced this year.

Thanks for your interest,
Kelly
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 07-26-2018, 01:28 AM   #2
hanselmacdonald
Beautiful.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:35 AM   #3
onebigmoth
Really gorgeous, stunning snakes.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:57 AM   #4
ocherp7306
Nice to see someone keeping the locale pure, great job.

Old 07-26-2018, 02:03 AM   #5
BenR
It's nice to see you still around Kelly! I was just wondering a few days ago if you were still working with Sri Lanka pythons.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:57 AM   #6
yodawagon
Wish I had the room.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!