What is this? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-21-2016, 06:13 PM   #11
juniperblossom
Okay what would you recommend? Like how would I fix it?

Old 08-21-2016, 06:23 PM   #12
JButera
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniperblossom View Post
Okay what would you recommend? Like how would I fix it?
First you need to make sure it's definitely a tick. You might need a magnifying glass. If you're absolutely positive it's a tick, pull it out with a pair of tweezers.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:26 PM   #13
juniperblossom
Okay I'll look around for a magnifying glass. I'm sure I've got one somewhere. Legit question? How could a captive snake get a tick? Like is that something I should actually worry about? I have other snakes and lizards and I've never seen them with ticks, obviously we just got this little one and it hasn't been with us but a minute, but I didn't even think of that as a thing I would need to worry about. Hmmmmm.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:42 PM   #14
JButera
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniperblossom View Post
Okay I'll look around for a magnifying glass. I'm sure I've got one somewhere. Legit question? How could a captive snake get a tick? Like is that something I should actually worry about? I have other snakes and lizards and I've never seen them with ticks, obviously we just got this little one and it hasn't been with us but a minute, but I didn't even think of that as a thing I would need to worry about. Hmmmmm.
It's probably a wc snake, but captive reptiles can get ticks if kept with or near other wc herps.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:57 PM   #15
JButera
The tick should come out with little resistance. If it doesn't or you see the snake's visibly stressed I would leave it and let the vet get a second look. Good luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!