The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020 - Page 30 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-07-2019, 10:11 AM   #291
Lucille
I am wondering at the extent of the reach of the prohibition against BOI style posts anywhere on this site except the BOI. A new member posted who deals with turtles, and I sent a private message informing him of my opinion a particularly evil turtle breeder (IMO) who has in the past posted on this site. Are private messages exempt from your prohibition?

Old 12-07-2019, 11:44 AM   #292
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I am wondering at the extent of the reach of the prohibition against BOI style posts anywhere on this site except the BOI. A new member posted who deals with turtles, and I sent a private message informing him of my opinion a particularly evil turtle breeder (IMO) who has in the past posted on this site. Are private messages exempt from your prohibition?
I have been chipping away at what the new policies will be concerning BOI style posts throughout this site, but honestly hasn't been real high on my priority list. Private messages, because of their very nature of being private, are unlikely to be affected at all by any changes I have been toying with.

The goal will be to unload the liability of earlier mentioned nuisance lawsuits to this site and me. So everything will be oriented in that direction.

Of course, I fully realize that anything I do will likely piss off a subset of the membership here, regardless of what they will be. No one really likes to see their own posts deleted and infractions levied.

Old 12-07-2019, 01:24 PM   #293
ChondroPy
Hi Rich....

You've done an excellent job with the BOI ... you even managed to get in my pockets and make me a contributing member ... That's no small feat in itself (no comments from the peanut gallery,please)! But, the next time I will do even better. I really like the part about sponsoring a site.

Anyway, that was my small part in showing you that your work is appreciated and that I can forward a few dollars to you for your hard work. I once again beseech you not to close the BOI. It really does induce people to be nicer and to work in a more honest and ethical fashion, knowing that they would be mentioned in the BOI if they weren't.

Please ...just think about it...

Best regards and Happy Holidays (now back to the egg nog!)

Charles

Old 12-07-2019, 01:41 PM   #294
danieleWrites
John Oliver did an episode on SLAPP lawsuits about a month ago on Last Week Tonight. Some of it was about the SLAPP suit Bob Murray of Murray Energy had done to him. Mostly, Oliver does an excellent job explaining why SLAPP suits are a real problem. This is relevant to Fauna because the point of SLAPP suits isn't to win, because the plaintiff usually can't, but shut the defendant down by putting them through a long, expensive legal process until the defendant gives up and does what the plaintiff demands.

My point here: Rich's concern about lawsuits is very real and a very legitimate problem. Yeah, it super sucks that he's got to worry about being sued for something the plaintiff can't win, but that's the reality we live in. I enjoy the BOI and I have made use of it in the past. Regardless, I'm with Rich on the BOI. My enjoyment and use of his property is absolutely not worth his stress and hassles. Neither is anyone else's. If you want a BOI that badly, there's plenty of internet out there. Start your own.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old 12-07-2019, 02:05 PM   #295
ChondroPy
Hey Daniel.. Danyel or whatever ... this site and discussion is for serious herpers who have done this for years. Not for someone who casually started less than a year ago. I know in your little world you're probably used to telling people off but this is not about you it's not about me it's about everyone who buys purchases and sells herps on this website.

Rich has done his job with the lawyers and we are simply asking him to continue the work or to try to help us figure out another way of continuing this effort.. Not by going to another site.

When you stop being a student and become a professional you can jump back on board and maybe buy something... Hopefully your experience will be good... but without the BOI you have no idea who you're dealing with ... but of course you know this already .... like you know everything.

Talk to me when you've been a member more than 5 years and have utilized this site to trade, sell and purchase.... something in maybe the $2,000 range... Then I might listen to you. Until then go back to Petco... they have anoles for you.

Happy holidays sweetie,
Chuckie

Old 12-07-2019, 02:42 PM   #296
WebSlave
Cease with the bickering and belittling interpersonal comments please. It is quite likely exactly this sort of thing that would take place constantly in the BOI that got people fed up and disgusted about it. So they left. And their leaving is contributing to the reason that the BOI is going away.

Everyone has their own opinions. You are not entitled to yours any more than the other person is entitled to theirs.

{soapbox ON}
Unfortunately you can't force a discussion based website like this to be "friendly". It's like the anti-gunners thinking that they can take away guns from everyone without using them themselves and shooting people as a result. How much gun violence are you willing to permit to try to end violence using guns? So in like kind, management here would have to get VERY unfriendly in order to try to force people to be friendly. Which would just tend to make people even more "unfriendly" towards us.
{soapbox OFF}

Old 12-07-2019, 02:52 PM   #297
Herpin Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChondroPy View Post
Hey Daniel.. Danyel or whatever ... this site and discussion is for serious herpers who have done this for years. Not for someone who casually started less than a year ago. I know in your little world you're probably used to telling people off but this is not about you it's not about me it's about everyone who buys purchases and sells herps on this website.

Rich has done his job with the lawyers and we are simply asking him to continue the work or to try to help us figure out another way of continuing this effort.. Not by going to another site.

When you stop being a student and become a professional you can jump back on board and maybe buy something... Hopefully your experience will be good... but without the BOI you have no idea who you're dealing with ... but of course you know this already .... like you know everything.

Talk to me when you've been a member more than 5 years and have utilized this site to trade, sell and purchase.... something in maybe the $2,000 range... Then I might listen to you. Until then go back to Petco... they have anoles for you.

Happy holidays sweetie,
Chuckie
What a smug, condescending, and childish response. Especially considering that everything Daniele wrote is logical and factual.

Old 12-07-2019, 03:01 PM   #298
ChondroPy
Great ... thats your opinion ... and if you tell someone to go somewhere else to
start another site the .. right back at cha, Sport!

No soup for you!

Old 12-07-2019, 03:12 PM   #299
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieleWrites View Post

My point here: Rich's concern about lawsuits is very real and a very legitimate problem. Yeah, it super sucks that he's got to worry about being sued for something the plaintiff can't win, but that's the reality we live in. I enjoy the BOI and I have made use of it in the past. Regardless, I'm with Rich on the BOI. My enjoyment and use of his property is absolutely not worth his stress and hassles.
Well said.

Old 12-07-2019, 03:23 PM   #300
ChondroPy
Yup .. just like politics... People only read half the story it's the rest of the crap she wrote that got me riled up....
"not worth his stress and hassles. Neither is anyone else's. If you want a BOI that badly, there's plenty of internet out there. Start your own."

Unless she is speaking for Rich and everyone else, how about letting a grown man make his own decision. I was just pointing out that it's important that we find some resolution to keeping the BOI alive in some fashion. Who knows ... maybe I'm surrounded by people who don't want it to be around.... people make mistakes and yes stuff happens... They get a chance to explain it on the BOI... and if I'm going to Shell out 5 grand for a pair of Mangshan vipers I better know something about the guy or gal.

Peace.. out! Time for something more important!

Chuckie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!