Angel - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-10-2006, 02:14 AM   #1
Pink Lady Exotics
Talking Angel

I weighed Angel tonight and almost hit the floor! She came here at 4 feet and 930g back at the beginning of August as a rescue (super skinny and underfed), and now she weighs in at 1735g!!! That's AFTER taking into account the 300g rat she ate yesterday, the scale actually read 2035g. Nice rebound huh?

She went from this...

To this...

To this (currently with a full belly)...

Nice rebound for a poor girl who wasn't kept with any heat and only fed one mouse per month for 4 years!!!

She's been locking up with my weird 2500g male so here's hoping for pretty babies!

Old 12-10-2006, 08:55 PM   #2
FireStorm
Wow, that's amazing! She looks great now. Good luck!

Old 12-10-2006, 09:17 PM   #3
markface
nice job jen . she's looking real good now . good luck with some nice babies .

Old 12-10-2006, 11:33 PM   #4
6y0ballpython
Jen I am so happy for you!!! shows you know what you are doing girl!!! I know this is your first breeding season right??? I wish we had rats here in Canada. They are illegal and have been irradicated from our province of Alberta besides black market. Which I wouldn't trust not to have parasites anyways. Take care and all the stuff you sent is working great for us!!!

Old 12-10-2006, 11:41 PM   #5
6y0ballpython
Jen what are you housing them in? Looks like a plastic container and newspaper.....Do you put a lid on it? They don't try and get out? I put my girl Martha in a plastic container like that which I bought at walmart with a locking lid and all, and she broke her way through one of the 1" breather, air hole we cut. I am afraid to put them in a plastic container for fear of them escaping. Could I just put Monty (male) in with her now in her 40G breeder (I know for sure now that he's producing plugs) instead of using a plastic container? Or do they breed better when out of their everyday tanks. Her breeder tank is escape proof and I would feel much better with them in there. What do you think? I've had them together now three times, and he shows a lot of interest in her, and even crawled in here cave and cuddled up with her for two hours. I am just so scared that she's going to eat him. She's not hungry because she's eating regularily, it's him that hasn't been eating ever since I put them together on Nov 20. And he's been producing sperm plugs since then too. Is this a sign that he's wanting to mate with her? I don't want to miss an opportunity to mate these two, but he's 7.5 years old and only 500g. I think it may exhaust him to death to mate with her now since he hasn't eaten in 3 weeks. He is very restless is his cage at night and tries to hours to get out, so he's isn't by any means lethargic and acting sick. I think he wants to mate and has gone off feed in order to get it over with. But what do I know, I've never done this before. I'll keep reading......Bye Jen

Cher

Old 12-10-2006, 11:55 PM   #6
Pink Lady Exotics
My snakes are in a rack, which is basically a shelving unit with heat in the back. The tubs lay flush with the shelf above them and slide out, there's no way the snakes can get out.

They may not want to breed when in an exposed glass tank, it might make them feel insecure. 500g is also on the small side, especially given his age. I would put more weight on him and wait one more year to breed him.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:49 AM   #7
MorphCapital
Nice!

Old 12-11-2006, 08:48 AM   #8
Cat_72
Jen, you've done a great job with her, she looks beautiful!!

And again, I do agree with Jen...I'd DEFINITELY wait a year to breed that 500g male....if he's gone off feed, he may stay off for awhile, it's just that time of year. But he'll wear himself out in a hurry breeding. Did you ever get a fecal done on him? You wouldn't want him to pass parasites on to her if he has them either.

Old 12-13-2006, 05:03 AM   #9
6y0ballpython
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Jen, you've done a great job with her, she looks beautiful!!

And again, I do agree with Jen...I'd DEFINITELY wait a year to breed that 500g male....if he's gone off feed, he may stay off for awhile, it's just that time of year. But he'll wear himself out in a hurry breeding. Did you ever get a fecal done on him? You wouldn't want him to pass parasites on to her if he has them either.
You bet, I'm have two poo samples, one from each snake that are recent and kept in the fridge as the vet told me to do. We are going in tomorrow to find out what the deal is with this small guy. He should be way bigger especially since I've tripled his diet for seven months and hes gained practically nothing in weight., Hes grown in length, but thats all. thanks .....

Old 12-13-2006, 05:06 AM   #10
6y0ballpython
jen, can you post a pic of your rack system and heating system that you use for them please? Just so i have an idea of what you mean. thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!