Rubbermaid question? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-16-2007, 11:58 PM   #1
Leighanne
Rubbermaid question?

I know that Corn Snakes as full grown fit well in a 20 gallon. I just don't know the conversion sizes between the tanks and the rubbermaids. So whats the rubbermaid size you want for a full grown? I'm guessing it should be high to for space for climbing. He has a 58 qt. now and I'm not sure if I should be updating him so I'm asking. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Old 02-17-2007, 12:35 AM   #2
jaxom1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighanne
I know that Corn Snakes as full grown fit well in a 20 gallon. I just don't know the conversion sizes between the tanks and the rubbermaids. So whats the rubbermaid size you want for a full grown? I'm guessing it should be high to for space for climbing. He has a 58 qt. now and I'm not sure if I should be updating him so I'm asking. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Divide the quarts by 4 to get gallons. 58 qts = 14.5 gallons. Since much of the vertical space in an aquarium goes unused, that should be fine, but I believe there is a Rubbermaid in 64 quarts, which would be 16 gallons. Look for length and width of about 12" by 24", since height isn't nearly as important.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:52 AM   #3
TripleMoonsExotic
I use 32qt containers for my adult cornsnakes which does give them plenty of room.

The snake pictured here was a sub-adult in the photo.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:13 AM   #4
DAND
I too use 32 quart tubs for my adults.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:31 AM   #5
cahrens
I have mine in 28 quart Sterilites. I don't have any big breeders though. The adults are young adults so if they get a lot bigger then we'll have to upgrade. Hey Stephanie, where'd you get that funny looking dollar? Mine all have Washington on them. Hmph!

Old 02-17-2007, 09:17 AM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahrens
I have mine in 28 quart Sterilites. I don't have any big breeders though. The adults are young adults so if they get a lot bigger then we'll have to upgrade.
A lot of people use 28qts for their adults. I found these rubbermaids at walmart and liked the shape of them, that's really the only reason why I went with 32qts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahrens
Hey Stephanie, where'd you get that funny looking dollar? Mine all have Washington on them. Hmph!
Heh heh. My tenants pay cash, so once a month I have a couple of those funny looking bills in hand. About the only time I actually have cash on me (unless I'm headed to a reptile show ).

Old 02-17-2007, 05:37 PM   #7
Leighanne
Geesh! I can't remember the last time I held a $100.00 that was actually mine. lol

Ok though, so I have the 58 qt. for Jakers now and hes almost three feet. I'm still not to sure if I should be updating yet. The 58 qt. has some height because I wanted to put his branch in for him to climb on. Thats the only thing I don't get about these rubbermaids. I have 1 Corn and 1 Ball and they both LOVE to climb. Wouldn't I be committing cruelty to animals or something if I didn't provide the climbing space? lol

I know I HAD questions about it with Lickity but felt better after our Vet trip because he said she actually needed a smaller hide and being in a smaller Tupperware for awhile was good and would make her feel secure. Theres also the trick of them being able to spread out around the tank and that they should still have what is it? A foot and a half left around the tub. Jake fits like this for now. Aaahhhh! What should I be doing? Thanks guys!

Old 02-17-2007, 06:44 PM   #8
TripleMoonsExotic
Like it's been said Kristen, many people use 28-32qts for there adults.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:23 PM   #9
Leighanne
So then my 58 qt. is fine?

Old 02-17-2007, 08:29 PM   #10
cahrens
I'm sure it will be fine if you're not concerned with it taking up too much space.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!