Are you a LURKER? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: Why I don't post on Fauna
I'm new to reptiles & don't want to look stupid 37 15.95%
I don't have time to post on forums - you guys need to get a life 7 3.02%
You people are mean, rude, or just generally not nice 25 10.78%
I posted once, but got ignored 19 8.19%
Everytime I think of something to say, somebody beats me to it 36 15.52%
I know more about reptiles than any of you people 13 5.60%
I want to post, but can't figure out how 3 1.29%
I only browse forums when I am bored & need entertainment 36 15.52%
I don't know how to post pics 4 1.72%
All my reptiles keep dying, and I don't want anyone to know 1 0.43%
Other 86 37.07%
What are you talking about? I post all the time 34 14.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2006, 11:29 PM   #21
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandy4000
I also feel bad that I haven't made any contributions to this site (I'm just tight on money now, I'll be paying by june). I really like the idea of the Fauna Mentor Program brought up by lucille.
Don't hold back on posting just because you can't (or don't want to) contribute right now. As a registered member, you are part of the Fauna community and welcome to post in the forums.
I saw that post about the mentor program, and agree that it sounds like a good idea. Hopefully, (if it gets started) people will take advantage of it.

Old 04-03-2006, 07:35 AM   #22
SableLynx
Simply time

I was at one time quite a blabbermouth on the forums. I actually long for the time I was able to spend on Fauna. I made some good contributions, and made some stupid mistakes. I was (am) accepted and treated according to my own actions/comments. The time I needed to be smacked upside the head with a 2X4, I got it. I received the needed encouragement to quit being Judgemental and engage my mind more fully before letting my heart rule my thinking. I love all of you and wish I had the time to spend posting again.

I still come to the forum frequently, I just don't have the time to hang out and comment. I do the research I need, usually get the answers i am looking for, the bam I am off to work again.

I am still working my Full time job and have started up my full line pet store. I also have the hubby, 2 teenagers, 16 various pets at home that all want a piece of my time. Keeps me hopping. I am very thankful that I know where to find accurate information quickly. I hope to be able to quit my job in another 18-24 months and just work the store full time. then I will probably be back in force.

Sorry for the long answer.

Old 04-03-2006, 07:44 AM   #23
hhmoore
Glad to hear the shop is doing well. At least you haven't forgotten us, lol.

Old 04-03-2006, 03:09 PM   #24
chondrogal
I used to be a lot more active posting on the forums across the net, but have slowed down quite a bit mostly due to the fact that I am non confrontational and I do not particularly care for redundant postings. I know a lot about chondros and my local native snakes, but that's about it and rarely have anything significant or educational to add to existing threads.

Old 04-03-2006, 04:21 PM   #25
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvchondros
I do not particularly care for redundant postings.
Believe me, you are not alone in that. Unfortunately, many people are of the mind that "researching" means asking on a forum. I still do find myself suggesting that people do some research, utilize the search functions on the forum, THEN post remaining/unanswered questions. I don't intend to come of as confrontational, or scolding, but I probably have at times (I'm working on that, lol). As some of us have discussed, we can't/shouldn't ignore threads/posts just because we have responded to the subject matter 14 times in the past 35 days. And sometimes, getting the same advice from several people is what it takes to get through to somebody, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvchondros
I know a lot about chondros and my local native snakes, but that's about it and rarely have anything significant or educational to add to existing threads.
You might be surprised...even something as seemingly trivial as a different way of doing the the same thing can be of major help. Me, I'm more of a generalist...I keep a variety of species. Always have. I have tried to narrow it down, even to specialize, but I keep finding my attentions turning to this or that. The nice thing is that there is room for all of us, and we can all help somebody

**AAAGH. What is this sicky sweet, nice thing that has invaded my crankiness? : Next thing you know, I'll break into a chorus of It's a Small World After All or We are the World

Old 04-16-2006, 12:11 PM   #26
Great Lakes Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by markface
actually i do post , just not alot as of yet . i just joined this board a week or 2 ago and i am still familiarizing myself with it . i do plan on posting more in the future though . i think that one of the reasons some people might not post here is because they think of it as a buisness forum . mainly for those that deal in larger numbers of reptiles . atleast that is the impression i had at first . i've been visiting this site for close to 6 months and just in the last couple weeks have i actually started posting . up until then i thought of this site primarilly as a classified for reptiles site and a place for breeders , wholesalers , and retailers to get together . it wasnt until recently that i even knew that the forums were for anyone . now that i have actually looked over the forums i see i was wrong , but to people that come here new it can seem otherwise . just my 2 cents , i may be completely wrong , but its how i see it .
Dido! I'm just starting to get use to this place.

Old 04-16-2006, 12:27 PM   #27
Great Lakes Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
My point was that on some of the other forums I have visited, people aren't necessarily kind to people with less experience. One in particular has a mod that is incredibly full of himself (full of something else, too, IMO). We clashed a bit in the beginning, but the hatchet seems to be buried.
I do appreciate your input, and that you expanded on your explanation a bit.
Just out of curiosity dos that forum start with a B

Old 04-16-2006, 05:52 PM   #28
hhmoore
lol, no it doesn't...and that is as much as I am willing to divulge

Old 04-17-2006, 11:29 PM   #29
ravensgait
OK I'm caught one of that number is me!! This Poll is a good idea Harald might steal ah um borrow it from you.

Cathy what are you doing over here

Mark made some good points and I too have thought that the Forums would get more attention if they were noticed, heck I was a member for a month or so before I noticed most were down there. Randy

Old 04-18-2006, 02:18 AM   #30
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
OK I'm caught one of that number is me!! This Poll is a good idea Harald might steal ah um borrow it from you.
You might want to put a bit of a twist on it to make it your own, lol- I have also copied this same thread to the Feedback Forum (or if you want, I can put it there, too, lol)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!