Good Guy Stephen Cemelli of Leapin Leachies-- great guy! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:25 AM   #1
Elitepetstylists
Talking Stephen Cemelli of Leapin Leachies-- great guy!

I just bought my first Leachianus last weekend at the White Plains, NY reptile show. I had done research on different breeders and talked with other owners of leachies on the different forums I hang out on. Everyone kept pointing me to leapinleachies.com. Everyone who had bought from Steve had nothing but good things to say about him. So about a week before the show I emailed Steve and asked a couple of questions. The next morning I received a reply asking me to call him so we could talk (good sign #1.) When I called him it sounded like it wasn't the best time for him to talk... it seemed like he was in the middle of doing errands, almost like he was shopping or something. That didn't stop him from taking my call, he was very patient with me answering all of my questions and giving me advice on the animals. We spent about an hour on the phone chatting about every detail possible. He obviously cares about who his animals go to. I decided that I would visit his booth at the show and see what he had available. We chatted some more and I picked out a leachie that I liked and Steve gave me some really honest details about the animal. He included it's history, it's linage and he was completely open about the fact he had concerns about how pure the bloodline of the animals local was. Although he was told one thing from his source where he bought the parents of the leachie, having extensive experience with this particular local, he was beginning to doubt the purity of the line based on how my geckos siblings were maturing. (Thier patterns weren't matching the local they were suppose to be.) Given I know nothing about locals, patterns and whatnot, he could have kept quiet and I would have shelled out the dough for the leachie. Those that collect them know leachies are a bit pricey. Of course he didn't he was open and honest about everything and he gave me a really nice discount on the animal.
So long story short... Steve over at leapinleachies.com is a good guy and I highly recommend purchasing from him!!

Old 02-01-2010, 10:06 AM   #2
dragonlvr64
Steve Cemelli is awesome no doubt! He is always very quick to respond to my messages or calls. I have purchased 11 animals from him in the last year.

*Two crested geckos ( 1 is an F2!)
*2 adult striped gargoyles, 3 baby gargs, one of them the most gorgeous orange blotched and another one that is an F1.
*2 Troeger line chewies.
*2 mainland chewies.
*This past weekend I was able to purchase a beautiful Frank Fast line F1 Bayonnaise female leachie as well as a mixed local male leachie from Adam Lieberman's pink line.

Steve spent many hours with us again this past Saturday. Showing us new additions to the collection and some new pairings, many awesome animals I have never seen anywhere else before. Plus answering all of our questions. Can't ask for a better person to deal with

A+ guy and animals !!!!

Old 02-01-2010, 10:08 AM   #3
dragonlvr64
Talking

Oops, I even lost track of how many! We had a total of 13

Old 02-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
oli7a5
Yea Steve is a great guy that is straight up and is all about the reptile and the customer. Even though I am not all that into leachies, i have to say that he has made me appreciate and enjoy them now since his collection is very impressive and a great representation of this massive specie. I wouldn't even consider purchasing a gecko from anybody but Steve. EVER!

Old 02-05-2010, 05:34 PM   #5
KelliH
I've done business with Steve numerous times and every time I have been very pleased. His knowledge of the animals he works with is second to none, and to top it all off he's one of the nicest and most kind hearted people you could ever hope to meet.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:40 PM   #6
DD Reptiles
Ditto what Kelli said!!

Thanks,
Derek Dunlop

Old 04-01-2010, 11:34 PM   #7
dinodaddy
without Steve, I'd be in the dark, with Steve's help/mentoring, I've been lucky enough to produce some incredible, happy, healthy GGs. And even reverse some growth issues that I caused by not fully understanding proper husbandry techniques. He even taught me how to sex babies/juvies with a microscope at last Octobers NARBC Tinley show, and let me hang out with him in the booth to get a feel for vending/talking with customers. He continues to support me whenever I need his help and experience. Straight up great guy, who truly cares about the animals and customers

Old 04-20-2010, 08:51 PM   #8
pakinjak
Just purchased my first leachianus from Steve recently. BEFORE I fully paid and picked up my girl, Steve spent a lot of time on the phone with me on the phone, helping me decide on locale and answering any questions I had.

Great guy, very patient with a newbie like me, and I will definitely buy from him again... this year.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:24 AM   #9
MistyC
I was at the last White Plains show and I purchased two gargoyles from Steve, and he was very friendly and awesome about just answering my random garg questions, as it's not often I get to talk with another gargoyle enthusiast face-to-face!
My fiancee and I have always admired the Leachies as well, but after handling one of Steve's adults we both swooned. We ended up getting a '09 male, and during the first week of having him we were a little concerned he wasn't eating, or not so much to be noticeable. We called Steve and he was great at giving us all the info we needed, and calmed our new-leachie owner nerves. We followed his suggested changes and the little guy is eating like a champ and gaining weight steadily.
We really love him and are excited to watch him mature.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #10
stevec153
Wow guys, thanks for the very kind words.

Glad everyone is happy with their animals, makes me feel great to hear so many people have such nice things to say.

Thanks again to all!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!