Neil Gubitz, Tampa Snake Pit (Good Guy) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-10-2003, 11:22 AM   #1
Chris@TSE
Neil Gubitz, Tampa Snake Pit (Good Guy)

I know I'll catch alot of flack for this one, but honesty I could care less. Truth is gold. So all who wish to argue or disagree can save their breath, no drama is needed.

Heres our recent experience:

We gave Neil the benifit of the doubt and purchased 10 Sandfire dragons he had offered us. I like to atleast give everyone a shot as I've said before and I am glad I did. I'm happy to say I was extremely satisifed with the correspondence, quality of the specimens received, and the timely manner in which they were shipped. I will definately do business with Neil in the future.

No matter what problems or situations were presented in the past he has proven to be a good guy in my book.

Thanks for hearing me out. Have a good one.

Old 09-10-2003, 11:35 AM   #2
Dragondad
good

I am glad the deal went well for you. And I will be the last to say anything about your right to post it.

Congrats on the new dragons

Old 09-10-2003, 11:42 AM   #3
Wilomn
INCOMING...Duck and Cover

Chris,

I am really glad you had a good experiance with neil. However, you've only been a member since July of this year. I think neil had his second and permanent banning before then.

If you do a little research on him here you'll find that his reputation as a liar and seller of near dying and VERY sick animals is well deserved.

It's possible he's trying to turn it around. Or maybe you just got lucky.

This is not a guy who told a little white lie or two. He tried to undermine trust between many people. He is a proven thief. He tried to get webslave to lie to everyone who reads this board to cover his ass when he got caught breaking the law. He has said that those of us who come here are a joke no one with any sense listens to anything we say, or words to that effect as it is not a direct quote.

I am not surprised you had a good deal with him. After the string of disasters he's been involved in he needed to either turn it around or move on to something else. Costume jewelery perhaps.

If you do continue to do business with him, keep us updated. But don't be surprised if things go south on you.

Wes Pollock

Old 09-10-2003, 11:46 AM   #4
E2MacPets
Hope you have them in a seperate room from the rest of your collection... Bearded Dragons are one of the last things I'd ever buy from someone with a questionable reputation.

Old 09-10-2003, 11:47 AM   #5
Chris@TSE
Well as I said, I expected flack, but regardless...

If he's trying to turn his reputation around he's off to a good start. We give everyone atleast one shot, no matter what the situation may be to see for ourselves. Im happy to say our experience was good and in my opinion he handled the transaction extremely well and we were very pleased with the specimens received.

Thanks for the input.

Old 09-10-2003, 11:51 AM   #6
Wilomn
Does this mean you'll be buying Emeralds from tim, or snow boas from todd, or ratsnakes from upstate?

Just curious how far that one chance goes.

Wes Pollock

Old 09-10-2003, 11:56 AM   #7
Chris@TSE
No I do not think I would not go that far.... haha

Old 09-10-2003, 11:59 AM   #8
Wilomn
Then good luck to you and well done on your future choices, or not as the case may be.

Wes Pollock

Old 09-10-2003, 12:09 PM   #9
Chris@TSE
I read the BOI threads completely. I knew exaclty what and who I was dealing with, and we decided to see for ourselves. I am glad we did. Whatever happened in the past is between Neil and whoever was involved. We have every right to test the waters ourselves and critisim for doing so is plain idiotic.

Put it this way, HYPOTHETICALLY speaking, if tomorrow you happened to slip something up with a customers sale and got a bad rap, wouldent you appreciate someone giving you a chance? I think you would. the BOI is excellent, it helps people stay aware, but just because someone chooses to see something for themselves does not mean they should be critisized for doing so.

I think I remember stating "So all who wish to argue or disagree can save their breath, no drama is needed.".... but hey, I could be wrong. Anyways, Thanks again for the input!

As for those others you mentioned, well...

Does the phrase "snowballs chance in hell" ring any bells? LOL

Take care!

Old 09-10-2003, 12:10 PM   #10
E2MacPets
http://www.reptilerooms.com/modules....rtid=47&page=1

Please read this article and understand the implications before exposing your own animals or selling off any animals to unsuspecting customers.

Now is not the time to be taking risks on Bearded Dragons. Entire collections are being wiped out and yet their are people deliberately breeding sick animals for profit.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!