(inquiry) Rick Denmon @ Ball Boutique - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-17-2007, 04:24 PM   #91
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernRegius.com
Oh, now I get it... a set-up for problems.
I don't think it would be so much a problem as it would a set-up for dissapointment. To me an actual problem would be if the seller failed to give you a prompt refund for what he could not provide you or to provide you a realistic date that you could both agree upon for a completion of the order. Seeing as though there is no mention of that in any of Ricks dealings so far you might not have any problems or be disappointed. But you could always be the first.

What you might be a bit concerned about is that the same selling approach and tactics that failed Joe Capone miserably are basically being used by a close friend/business associate of his that you are now involved in a transaction with. But whatever game plan doesn't work for one doesn't mean it wont work for the other. Only time will tell. I sure hope your transaction is problem free with Rick and I think were all looking forward to reading just how well it went.

Old 05-17-2007, 04:35 PM   #92
Otter_23
The issue that people are having with Rick is this.
MKR planned to mass produce and crash the ball market. Their campaign slogan was hit the gas. I believe Joe even admitted that this was to hurt specific ball python breeders. They sold morphs at very low prices for the time and set a precident that upset many breeders. Joe didn't care he hurt others and tried to pitch "making it affordable for everyone". Well they took all these orders for these great deals but in the end couldn't produce what was ordered and had to scurry around to fill these orders. Joe was very abrasive and arrogant about his whole scheme to the point that his silent partner Wes supposedly wanted out and they were to have split ways. In the end many saw Joe as a loose cannon with serious liabilities (because of how he basically destroyed MKR with his horse and pony show and what he did to the ball python market). Now about a year later it comes out that
1. MKR is still together
2. Because of Joe's behaviors last year he needs to sell his animals through someone else (which is where Rick comes in).
3. They (Rick and Joe) weren't really being forthcoming about their relationship.

Although Rick hasn't done anything specifically bad many are disgusted that he would "partner" so to speak with Joe and sell Joe's animals after everything Joe has done. The point many feel is do you want to support someone who is supporting a guy that lowballs others, is involved in shady stuff with reptile auctions and has treated the reptile business with his used car dealer antics (bright lights and show).

My question for Rick is this if this is just a hobby for you and you make plenty of money on your retirement etc... why are jobbing other people's snakes? I know that you are out to make a name for yourself in the ball python world and to this point aren't quite up with the big boys, but do you think your involvement with Joe is going to further your goals or did you think that no one would know they were Joe's animals? Seems to me you are trying to buy respect and crediability rather than earn it.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:26 PM   #93
XDeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallBoutique
They will have 80-100 clutches and I will not over sell an animal.
And IF an animal is not produced full refund.....not bad is it for a deposit only.
I don't get it... so this means you're flippin' for Joe?

Old 05-17-2007, 05:57 PM   #94
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDeus
I don't get it... so this means you're flippin' for Joe?
You got it!!

Old 05-17-2007, 06:01 PM   #95
Stardust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter_23
The issue that people are having with Rick is this.
MKR planned to mass produce and crash the ball market. Their campaign slogan was hit the gas. I believe Joe even admitted that this was to hurt specific ball python breeders. They sold morphs at very low prices for the time and set a precident that upset many breeders. Joe didn't care he hurt others and tried to pitch "making it affordable for everyone". Well they took all these orders for these great deals but in the end couldn't produce what was ordered and had to scurry around to fill these orders. Joe was very abrasive and arrogant about his whole scheme to the point that his silent partner Wes supposedly wanted out and they were to have split ways. In the end many saw Joe as a loose cannon with serious liabilities (because of how he basically destroyed MKR with his horse and pony show and what he did to the ball python market). Now about a year later it comes out that
1. MKR is still together
2. Because of Joe's behaviors last year he needs to sell his animals through someone else (which is where Rick comes in).
3. They (Rick and Joe) weren't really being forthcoming about their relationship.

Although Rick hasn't done anything specifically bad many are disgusted that he would "partner" so to speak with Joe and sell Joe's animals after everything Joe has done. The point many feel is do you want to support someone who is supporting a guy that lowballs others, is involved in shady stuff with reptile auctions and has treated the reptile business with his used car dealer antics (bright lights and show).

My question for Rick is this if this is just a hobby for you and you make plenty of money on your retirement etc... why are jobbing other people's snakes? I know that you are out to make a name for yourself in the ball python world and to this point aren't quite up with the big boys, but do you think your involvement with Joe is going to further your goals or did you think that no one would know they were Joe's animals? Seems to me you are trying to buy respect and crediability rather than earn it.
Thank you for that post. It summed it up and showed me the full story in a nutshell.
I would also like an answer to these questions. Inquiring buyers want to know.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:05 PM   #96
bassteck76
MKR still together.................ROFL

This topic will never go away.........

Old 05-17-2007, 06:09 PM   #97
varnyard
Quote:
Hey everyone,

Morph King Reptiles is spliting up we are winding up our dealings together. While we amicably work out the details we will be honoring all payment plans and sales made prior to the split.
http://www.morphkingreptiles.com/

This was on their site last year. They also said they were going to court to divide the company last year.

This split was to take place last year, now they are still together, not only are they still together this year, but Rick is selling for them.

Rick, you still have not answered the question about Reti-Bid/ Reptile Auctions.

Did you know about the Blackmail by Joe?

Old 05-17-2007, 06:19 PM   #98
BallBoutique
Do you realize that other big breeders have more hatchlings then MKR produced last year and this year? Do you realize that most if not all mass producing breeders wholesale their animals? Go to shows and watch under cutting at the tables for resell.
Read some of the web sites that tells you how many clutches are hatching.
I never resold animals till this year.
I found someone that has one of the cleanest facility around. And a person I could trust. Plus a person who does not put their animals on a once a month or every six week feeding schedule; bought some of those.....
All I got to say is I never saw anything bad said about Joe's or my animals and service.
Now if my prices are to low go pay more. Or pay me more for the animals.....if it makes you feel better.
You blame Joe for market crashes.......check out some ads that dropped the market with no help of Joe.....Check out the pins......Joe NEVER SOLD ONE. Until you understand supply and demand you will not understand markets. Some big breeders want their customers to sell their animal at what they the big breeder's quoted prices.....yet they undercut the prices to folks behind our backs. And you the lesser known breeder wondering why you can't sell yours. Example. Pied for sale by unknown breeder $3,000.00. Known breeder has one for $3,000.00. Where would you buy? hummmm Better yet the known breeder sells it to you for $2,500.00 and says "Don't tell anyone." Been there and done it!
I really believe that is why the big breeders are upset with Joe's pricing. I also believe the time for $25,000.00 balls are gone.

Thanks,

Rick Denmon
President, Ball Boutique, Inc.

ps:
Question out there did Jeff ever put that swing set together? Also how is the pied and albino doing? Use PM to me if you know.
Did you know about the Blackmail by Joe? I have no idea please tell me.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:29 PM   #99
geckoguy_ottawa
Quote:
Do you realize that other big breeders have more hatchlings then MKR produced last year and this year? Do you realize that most if not all mass producing breeders wholesale their animals? Go to shows and watch under cutting at the tables for resell.
I found someone that has one of the cleanest facility around. And a person I could trust. Plus a person who does not put their animals on a once a month or every six week feeding schedule; bought some of those.....
All I got to say is I never saw anything bad said about Joe's or my animals and service.
Now if my prices are to low go pay more. Or pay me more for the animals.....if it makes you feel better.
You blame Joe for market crashes.......check out some ads that dropped the market with no help of Joe.....Check out the pins......Joe NEVER SOLD ONE. Until you understand supply and demand you will not understand markets. Some big breeders want their customers to sell their animal at what they the big breeder's quoted prices.....yet they undercut the prices to folks behind our backs. And you the lesser known breeder wondering why you can't sell yours. Example. Pied for sale by unknown breeder $3,000.00. Known breeder has one for $3,000.00. Where would you buy? hummmm Better yet the known breeder sells it to you for $2,500.00 and says "Don't tell anyone." Been there and done it!
I really believe that is why the big breeders are upset with Joe's pricing. I also believe the time for $25,000.00 balls are gone.

Thanks,

Rick Denmon

ps:
Question out there did Jeff ever put that swing set together? Also how is the pied and albino doing? Use PM to me if you know.
Why don't you tell us who these breeders are that feed their snakes every month to 6 weeks? And what proof do you have to say that they do this? I'd like to know, please.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:33 PM   #100
Stardust
Quote:

Thanks,

Rick Denmon

ps:
I am having some difficulty with your posts as I do not see definite answers to questions that have been asked. (Perhaps it is my purposeful lack of caffeine intake for the last three days)
I personally am not worried about what the animals are sold for, I am all for people selling at prices they want to. It is the other shady things that I am reading on here that worries me.
Did you just buy some animals off of Joe?
Are you involved in business ventures with him?
Why is he not coming on here and explaining himself?
What exactly is your association with Joe?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!