Wanted LOOKING FOR CROCODILE MONITOR - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 02:37 AM   #11
hhmoore
This is not a discussion forum, people. I understand the points you are trying to make, but this is not the place to do it. Take it to PM, or to a different section of the site.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #12
TreeCroc
If this is NOT a discussion, then why is there a question or better yet a "sale" pitch looking for one? After all of the information on Efigs experience why would it need to be stated - if he is in need of a croc then maybe the classifieds would be a better choice...

Efigs-

while I applaud your wanting to teach children about reptiles, your choice in crocodile monitors is at best, very poor. I have kept and bred crocodile monitors for years, as well have I worked with many other large varanids.
Unlike the 2 other varanids you have posted about, Salvadorii at 18 inches can inflict deep bites. At 2-5 feet you’re asking for trouble. Kids ( which I have done the same, "in the schools, field trips and what not" are ALWAYS a problem - most don't listen, no matter "how far away" you have them. End result in particular with a nervous, flighty croc you or some one else will be in a delicate situation. If you try to "man handle" them your asking for even more trouble, not to mention pushing them into a fight or flight situation.

If you really want to teach children about croc monitors then buy a map of PNG, take some good pictures, and do a speech on them with out a live animal. As interesting as crocs are you can expand on the whole of PNG from their Birds of Paradise, to unique cultures. Overall, in my experience most kids could care less about how "rare" or exotic a snake or lizard is, as long as it's big you have their attention. When you get into high school and college, were grades may matter then their is interest.

[i] well the thing is i've had many people tell me you can't train alligators or crocodiles and guess what? people have done it, i've seen alligators target trained and crocodiles trained to shift. My point is Croc Monitors are very very inteligent therefore if you work with them and handle them you can get them somewhat used to being around people or even wearing a harness and how do i know this? because i have talked to fellow aza reptile keepers and the majority feel how i feel, on top of the fact that if i do work with a croc and i cannot put a harness on it or it doesn't get comfortable around people then guess what? i dont take it around people no big deal. Either way i LOVE croc monitors so i'll take good care of it whether i can use it for shows or not. SOO all in all i KNOW what im doing and i have been taking care of dangerous animals and training dangerous animals for a very long time, needless to say i dont owe anyone any kind of explanation. If you have a crocodile monitor you are selling or know of where i can get one that is under 5 feet in length let me know. ALSO if you have a croc monitor for sale BUT all you've fed it is rats and mice and rabbits i'm not interested. Thank you

Not sure were to start with all of this, your all over the place. If you have so much experience with all these large, and deadly reptiles then why do you need to express it? Very few crocs are in US zoos, as of 2008 the number was in the 20's down from 30 from 2005. If you feel you need a harness FOR ANY MONITOR - THEN YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE A MONITOR!!, there are not DOGS..just because your friend is in the AZA doesn't make him or her an expert on croc monitors.

And you’re correct, Crocs are extremely intelligent- and extremely aggressive when you are unable to pick up on the subtle clues they give when there are not in the mood for show and tell.

You don't own anyone an explanation - well you owe me, to many laws are being written on reptiles these days, and croc monitors are under the guise of "dangerous" - they don't need anymore bad press because people like you feel the need to show them for your benefit.

This does belong as a discussion, if it leads to more bans on reptiles in particular monitors then it needs to be pointed it out in all of its points, whether good or bad -

So if rodents are not ideal prey, then please tell me with all your croc experience what is ?

Old 08-26-2009, 10:00 PM   #13
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeCroc View Post
If this is NOT a discussion, then why is there a question or better yet a "sale" pitch looking for one? After all of the information on Efigs experience why would it need to be stated - if he is in need of a croc then maybe the classifieds would be a better choice...
Perhaps you should figure out where you are, this IS the classifieds.
Quote:
FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors > Wanted LOOKING FOR CROCODILE MONITOR
Now, since you seem to have misread my last post, THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION FORUM (it's the classifieds, as shown above). Take the chatter elsewhere. I'm not going to bother with any more infractions - if the discussion continues in this thread, people are going to lose posting privileges for a few days. Who wants to be first?

Old 08-26-2009, 10:09 PM   #14
Efigs2007
This is insane it really is, as a matter of fact do me a favor check out st augustine alligator farm which is an AZA zoo and they have KOMODO DRAGONS ON A HARNESS! I know what im doing ok and i honestly don't care what your opinion is. And rodents? Thats what you think they should eat? Soooo in the wild is a croc monitor only going to eat rats and mice? Let me guess they will see a bird or even eggs and say to themselves wait im only supposed to eat rats right? is that what your saying??? Their diet should vary, they should get chicken, turkey, raw beef, rats and mice at most once a week, eggs, chicken hearts, liver etc. Look i really dont have to explain myself. If you have a crocodile monitor for sale or know where i could find one let me know otherwise keep your annoying opinions to yourself. I know what im doing and dont really care what anyone's opinion's are. I've trained komodo's to sit still while they have a harness put on them, i've seen alligators trained to shift and to be target trained. And if your wondering why i said all the things i've done its because i want to keep people that think i want their opinion to really just keep their mouths shut. Again thank you.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-26-2009, 11:36 PM   #15
AW2EOD
The last thing I'll say, on the particular matter, is that I hope no one who's knowlegable enough, sells you a Croc Monitor, for what you're wanting it for...because you really have no experiance, knowledge or experiance with Crocs and just because you say you've done this and that, it really doesn't amount to squat.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:55 AM   #16
hhmoore
That's two down....anybody want to be #3??

Old 08-28-2009, 07:08 PM   #17
Efigs2007
So does anyone have a crocodile monitor for sale that is under 5 feet in length or know of anyone selling crocodile monitors?? I cannot spend over 800 and that is including shipping. So all in all i can purchase a monitor and and pay for the shipping if it is all equal to 800 dollars. Get back to me if you have any information
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-31-2009, 08:29 PM   #18
Efigs2007
again if anyone is selling one let me know
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #19
Efigs2007
Well if anyone know's of anyone selling a Crocodile Monitor OR know's anyone that is selling them OR even know's any breeders selling Crocodile Monitor's let me know ok. My email is eddiegchs2005@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you guys. =)
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread