Nature Coast Exotics...GOOD GUYS!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-22-2006, 07:38 AM   #11
ExoticPetsWS
I have been importing and exporting animals for a little over 15 years. The business is such that you get what you get.With over 80,000 ball pythons being exported from Benin, Togo and Ghana to ask for all high-end females would be a joke. If that was the case, I'd be rolling in money right now, litterally!

Special orders for sex are generally not taken. Most of the exporters we deal with do not speak English or speak it very little and hardly understand what we say. You get lucky when you have one such as Mike @ Cobra Wildlife, that is an American.

Chris, when I spoke with a year or so ago, I don't remember the exact date or time, you told me anything I wanted from Guyana and Mike would have to come through you because Mike was selling all of his quota to you exclusively. I emailed Mike with my concerns about that and ordered from another exporter as I would not buy from a middle person/company. It's people/companies that don't pay the exporters that make the rest of us importers look bad. This is why hardly any exporters allow us American to pay net 7 or 15.

I'm sure you know, Mike is doing Gods work in Guyana and does Cobra to offset the money needed to live. To have a loss of $1600 is a big blow for someone on a very limited income, with a family. Just pay him and be done with it. Since we do not deal with this type of animal and do not carry a license for such, I can not help either of you with this. Maybe call around to the farms and see if anyone would be interested in buying them at cost. This would pay the balanced owed and cancel out the law suit.

Just my opinion ~ no hate mail, please.

Old 07-29-2006, 07:59 PM   #12
COBRA Wildlife Expor
Chris,

I have been thinking about this and I am beside myself with the nerve you have! I can back up everything I said and for you to claim I sent you something you didn’t want just burns me up! First of all, I live far from the airport and Georgetown. For me to put together a shipment and get it out is a major production. Just the logistics would spook most people off, for the money involved. Then there is the fact you are claiming you didn’t order the animals I sent. Let’s just look at that for a minute. Who in their right mind would send such huge caiman thinking there would even be a slight possibility of not getting paid for them? Caiman that size are extremely leery and difficult to capture. They live in the most remote and inaccessible areas. It sometimes takes the better part of a day just to get to them. Remember, they did not get that large by being stupid and they almost always submerge with the slightest ripple or odd noise. You try paddling an aluminum boat up on one and grabbing it by the neck with both hands! Then, if you don’t go overboard, (piranha, electric eels, freshwater stingrays…) deal with one flopping in the boat. I even told you it was a mistake to take the order but I would keep my word and fill it!! Unlike baby and sub-adults, they seldom miss when they snap and if that jaw lands on your hand you can forget a quick dash to the hospital. Next, you are crying I charged you $200 each? That is simply amazing to me! Would you take this job? I went the extra (countless) mile(s) for you and you didn’t even pay! What a conman you are!!

I can’t even imagine anyone believing you got shafted on that deal. Believe me, I wasn’t getting rich! I would do much better to drift the edge looking for oddball Emerald and Cooks! It sure is a lot more enjoyable, lucrative and easy!

By the way, you accuse me of “talking trash” about you? Have you even checked around to see what your rep. is? I’m just amazed you had any positive posts on this site. If I were you, I would frame them and try to remember those words as your business goes down the tubes. You can’t treat people like this without it catching up to you!

-Mike Roberts
COBRA Wildlife Exporters
Guyana, South America
592-774-4624

Old 08-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #13
JimRushton
You're real worried, huh?

Sun Coast,

If you're so worried about how he was shipping his snakes, then, howcome i just recived a c.b baby boa from you that was shipped fed-ex, who dosen't ship live animals, that was tied up in a sock and sealed completely in a medium sized box. I took that snake out of the sock and its head was tucked under its body. I felt her and she already was already stiff from being dead for over 24 hrs. You call yourself a reputable breeder, but then again you rip me off money, don't answer my messages, and still crack down on people because of their shipping process. I rather get my snake in a cricket box allive. Then see it come out of a sealed box dead.

If i do not recive a message from you on how we are going to settle my refund, you will hear from my attorney, the S.P.C.A. and the law enforcement.

Please note that this was a case of mistaken identity on the part of Mr. Rushton, as noted in post #19 on this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRushton
I recently made a deal with Sun Coast Reptiles, Not, Sun Coast Herps. The name just looked so similar. Sun coast herps seems like a nice place, i've visited their website numerous times looking at colubrids. Sorry to Sun Coast Herps.
I would delete this post, but evidently it would make a real mess of everything here in this thread if I did so. So hopefully this will suffice. -WebSlave

Old 08-03-2006, 01:23 PM   #14
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
Sun Coast,

If you're so worried about how he was shipping his snakes, then, howcome i just recived a c.b baby boa from you that was shipped fed-ex, who dosen't ship live animals, that was tied up in a sock and sealed completely in a medium sized box.
With all due repsect...it is perfectly legal to ship FedX http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=33533

Quote:
If i do not recive a message from you on how we are going to settle my refund, you will hear from my attorney, the S.P.C.A. and the law enforcement.
Ah jeez...pony up the proof. Do you have all of your emails in order? Do you have pics, of said demised snake? Was John aware that you are a minor? Your profile says that you are 16 years old...

Gotta love it when people pull the old "my attorney will be in contact with you" ploy...pulleaseee!!!

Old 08-03-2006, 02:14 PM   #15
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Sun Coast,

If you're so worried about how he was shipping his snakes, then, howcome i just recived a c.b baby boa from you that was shipped fed-ex, who dosen't ship live animals, that was tied up in a sock and sealed completely in a medium sized box. I took that snake out of the sock and its head was tucked under its body. I felt her and she already was already stiff from being dead for over 24 hrs. You call yourself a reputable breeder, but then again you rip me off money, don't answer my messages, and still crack down on people because of their shipping process. I rather get my snake in a cricket box allive. Then see it come out of a sealed box dead.

For the record. Mr. Rushton sent me the same post as a PM. exactly two minutes later I received another PM from him stating

JimRushton

Name : Jimmy Rushton

Trader Rating: (0)

Warning Level: 0 Sorry

Quote:
Sorry wrong person.
Jim I would appreciate a post up here stating that I have never sent you any animals at all let alone a boa. I have not dealt in Boas for over 7 years. I have spoken with the Webslave and your accidentally slanderous post can and will be deleted as long as you request him to do so.

I am not sure who you were aiming at with this post but it was most assuredly not me.

I Will Email you a copy of this post as well

Old 08-03-2006, 02:17 PM   #16
Tsutton5
????

Quote:
Sun Coast,

I believe this should be a new thread, not tied to this one.....IF YOU HAVE PROOF that is....

Old 08-03-2006, 03:22 PM   #17
COBRA Wildlife Expor
Wow, it amazes me of how many kids there in on the trade. Not that that’s a bad thing,…

I recently sent an order to a guy, who contacted me. He had a company and all the right import/export documents for us to work together. No problem! Everything went well! He turned up to be a stand up guy, in my estimation. True to his word!!!! He loved the animals and paid without delay. One day, we were shooting the breeze and he mentioned he was a Jr. in high school. What the….? I must admit, this guy seemed to have the world by the tail and did right by me. Nothing wrong with that! He was true to his word. BUT, when someone 16 starts talking about having “their attorney” get after someone, I gotta wonder! I have a clear-cut case against Chris Hunter, at Nature Coast Exotics, and STILL I had to pony up the cash before anyone was willing to drag this bozo to court!!!!

It was not money lost, however, as COBRA is now incorporated in FL. It was only the next logistical step in the evolution COBRA Imports. Anyway, I sure hate to be involved is such a case.

Chris, I see you have corrected your rip off stunts with others. I plead, for all of us, you pay your bill of $1,600! Are you seriously thinking that is some huge unjustified amount? Ha?… I would much rather count you as a satisfied customer/friend than have to deal with all this mess. (Guess it’s too late for that?) You see we are serious about recovering our money! Do we need to keep moving forward with the court case? Do you think you can possibly win? People with more experience than us say you will claim bankruptcy, rather than pay the bill (animals you bought and didn’t pay for, animals we quarantined – ON YOUR DIRECT & DOCUMENTED ORDER and legal expense). Is that what you want? Knowing the truth, are you really willing to toss the dice? Just pay us the $1,600 and we’ll move on! If you really want to go with Plan B, we are talking about legal expense and the entire holding station of animals I had from you. Please remember, I turn records, and get inspected monthly, by the Guyana Wildlife Authorities. ALL I had in quarantine, for you was recorded and documented by the governmental veterinarian, Dr. Applewaite. (Please feel free to contact him – Want the contact information?) Knowing what is to loose, I stand in amazement at your nerve? Are you truly that stupid or are you that sure of your case?

I fully understand, we all go through ‘tff’ times and I can sympathize with the difficulties you had in your personal life and business relationships. I told you, I would work with you!

PLEASE, just pay what you owe and let’s call this “water under the bridge!” You know I grew up almost directly across the state from you and I assume you were yet another importer that thought you would rip off someone in South America, but I hope you can see that’s not the case. PLEASE, just pay your $1,600 and we’ll forget about the several grand you had in my station, the money I invested in Guyana export taxes & levies, on your next order and all the lawyer expenses. Also, know, I would love nothing more than stop the Guyana Wildlife Authorities from refusing to make papers in the name of “Chris Hunter” or “Nature Coast Exotics”. The more we can ship to the better for all us exporters. It would also get BBB off your back and it will stop me from warning people about your deeply entrenched tendencies to rip people off. We already have one person you conned, claiming you made right. Please make it Two!!

Mike Roberts
COBRA Wildlife Exporters
Lot 34 Stelling Road / Adventure
Essequibo Coast, Guyana
South America
011-592-774-4624
teamguyana@solutions2000,net

Old 08-06-2006, 12:48 AM   #18
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Sun Coast,

Firstly, you're going to need to publically retract this statement, son. You might not realize it, but you just tread into dangerous legal waters by libeling an upstanding businessman with whom you have never had any dealings.

Secondly, while you have good reason to be upset about your transaction, hollow legal threats will get you nowhere. It's best not to mention attorneys when it isn't plausible that one would be involved. To begin with, you're a minor, so it would be your parent's attorney, and not yours. Secondly, reatining an attorney for something so trivial is cost prohibitive, so the claim of having one involved becomes utterly absurd. Likewise, the SPCA wouldn't get involved, as snakes aeren't warm and fuzzy. Even so, they are merely a state agency, and respective jurisdictions end at respective geographic borders. As for law enforcement, we again get into the sticky area of jurisdiction. Your local LEA can do nothing, and his local LEA likely will do nothing of consequence. This is not out of laziness, but rather out of the fact pursuing and prosecuting such a case would prove to be a waste of time and effort.

Old 08-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #19
JimRushton
Sorry

I recently made a deal with Sun Coast Reptiles, Not, Sun Coast Herps. The name just looked so similar. Sun coast herps seems like a nice place, i've visited their website numerous times looking at colubrids. Sorry to Sun Coast Herps.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:21 AM   #20
irish9
Dead spiney soft Sell turtles

I ordered 2 Spiney Soft shell turtles. Both arrived dead and the legs on one was chewed up I have taken a series of pics. They do not reply to email. I will never deal with this company again

Quote:
Originally Posted by minter_c View Post
I just thought that i would give Chris at Nature Coast Exotics a little recognition.

I bought a 20 inch female sulcatta from Chris a few days ago. She arrived on time as promised and was in excellent health. Chris always returned my phone calls and emails in a timely manner. the whole transaction went very smooth. It was definetly a great pleasure dealing with Chris at Natures Coast Exotics.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!