CONGRATS WEBSLAVE!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
polasian
CONGRATS WEBSLAVE!!!

Quote:
Most users ever online was 968, 01-26-2010 at 10:53 PM.

YEA!!!!!!! Things are looking good
Congrats Rich!!!

(Not sure where to post this so if this is in the wrong forum, then I'm sorry about that.)

Old 01-27-2010, 12:36 AM   #2
WebSlave
Heck, it's not my doing.....

New member registrations have almost doubled in the past week.

Beats me what the heck is going on.....

Old 01-27-2010, 04:01 AM   #3
TailsWithScales

Maybe they're reptilian children made them do it????

Old 02-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
StrictlyExotics
Could it be because there is A LOT less drama and "clique-ish" issues in the last year or so? I personally think its because of a lot of the changes you have made to this site. Its a lot more pleasant because YOU are toning things down Rich. I would even think that with all of the continued changes that you have been constantly making to make Fauna even better for everyone will show an increase in paid member subscriptions soon as well. Keep up the good work!

Old 02-09-2010, 02:01 AM   #5
Tiger Lilly
Whether it's the full moon or just pride in the site, I hope it keeps up!

Old 02-09-2010, 02:07 AM   #6
polasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly View Post
Whether it's the full moon or just pride in the site, I hope it keeps up!
...it's keeping up all right....

Quote:
Most users ever online at the same time was 984, 02-04-2010 at 08:27 PM.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:55 AM   #7
kmarsh
There is also alot of interest due to the laws being pushed for to rid us of our larger snakes. It's where I found out about what was happening in GA right under my nose and we were sucessful in getting that stopped for the moment. Without Fauna and US ARK this wouldn't have been possible. I know that I tell people to get on Fauna classifieds and keep up with the new posts on whats going on in our industry. Its where I post what I know and read what I haven't been able to find any where else. Congratulations are most definately in order for such a wonderful, exciting, and informative site. Join the site but most importantly pay for membership, there is protection in numbers.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:48 AM   #8
shlages
I just hope all these scammers haven't told they're friends to come & sign up.Or that they aren't signing up multiple accts, in case 1 gets caught they already have ones set up. I hope that most of the people joining are doing so for the right reason.
That being said... CONGRATS RICH!! Fauna grows stronger everyday.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:20 PM   #9
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
Could it be because there is A LOT less drama and "clique-ish" issues in the last year or so? I personally think its because of a lot of the changes you have made to this site. Its a lot more pleasant because YOU are toning things down Rich. I would even think that with all of the continued changes that you have been constantly making to make Fauna even better for everyone will show an increase in paid member subscriptions soon as well. Keep up the good work!
My thoughts as well, I have been noticing the increase in new members every month. its certainly a welcome sight.

Its up to us older members to make them feel welcome by providing the husbandry knowledge or any help we can offer.

Its good to see positive things happening here now, congrats Rich!

Old 02-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #10
WebSlave
Well, a LOT of you all are helping out, you know. By spreading the word and letting other people know about this site. I notice quite a few registrations stating that they heard about this site from other members, or else via flyers at a show.

Which reminds me, someone asked me about flyers and I have to send out a batch to him. Shoot, I ran out of boxes to ship them in and plumb forgot about it till now.

I believe I have one box remaining of the flyers, so if anyone wants some to take to shows with them, please let me know. Send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll get some out as soon as I can.

In any event, I'm just the caretaker here trying to allow this site to be everything it can be. Yeah, sometimes I will try things that turn out to be boneheaded mistakes, but sometimes I just have to try something just to see what happens, hoping it will be an improvement. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... But at least I can say that I've tried just about everything now...

What I would LIKE to see is everyone treating this place (and in a much broader scope, this entire INDUSTY) like their home. That means no trash thrown under the sofa, crapping in the middle of the rug, tossing chairs through the front window, cutting the throats of your siblings, and just generally treating the place with some respect and a desire to make this place a decent place to live in. Not only for yourself living here, but everyone else who visits as well.

With all the forces apparently coming to bear on this industry with ill will apparently at the heart of it all, you all really can't afford to be back stabbing and bickering with everyone else in this very small group of people. It just flat out LOOKS bad to people who may be on the fence about what WE mean to THEM. Everyone REALLY needs to keep their acts clean and keep not only their own best interests at heart, but also what can constitute and support the best interests of this industry as a whole. Make an effort to be an example that others newly getting into this interest can be proud to point to as examples to model themselves after.

And from my own perspective, please help make this a place that if someone comes up to me and asks me if I am the owner of FaunaClassifieds, I don't start looking for an escape route behind me in case I have to start running like hell to save my hide.......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!