Inquiry Tegusonly - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:26 AM   #21
DynamicReptilez
Not sure what part you are finding discouraging?
If it is lack of quick response, I too got that, but then I remembered....the guy IS out catching these things.
I haven't been out in the glades, but I'm sure service isn't anything miraculous.
But he delivered exactly what he said he would.

I got a couple B&Ws from him 3 months ago. Good service and in my opinion, people seem to forget that every single reptile in the trade is from a W/C origin of sorts. We didn't make them in a factory.

He's not out to make a quick buck, and if he was, so what? At least it got another individual out there and helping the wildlife.

Just my $0.02

Old 09-22-2015, 12:44 PM   #22
John7429
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicReptilez View Post
Not sure what part you are finding discouraging?
If it is lack of quick response, I too got that, but then I remembered....the guy IS out catching these things.
Hold your horses, buddy. You don't know any details and you're jumping on my back. I have the right to be discouraged if things are not up to par.

I have tons of respect for Rodney and what he does. The reason I am dealing with him right now, in the first place, is because my first tegu was from him originally and he was the perfect pet.

We are working on a resolution as we speak and I will update my experience.

If you're "not sure" about something, slow your roll.

Old 09-22-2015, 02:18 PM   #23
DynamicReptilez
I wasn't jumping on your back so please re-read my post and understand that I was quite literally stating I wasn't sure what you were finding discouraging....
Not sure why you took it the way you did but you can relax.
When you said that you were finding it discouraging to deal with him, I could not have known that you had already made the transaction and thought you were in n the same boat I was prior to the actual sale, hence my statements of relating it to my experience.

Again, please re-read my post keeping that in mind and it will make more sense as to what I said. Thanks.

Old 09-22-2015, 02:31 PM   #24
John7429
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicReptilez View Post
I wasn't jumping on your back so please re-read my post and understand that I was quite literally stating I wasn't sure what you were finding discouraging....
Not sure why you took it the way you did but you can relax.
When you said that you were finding it discouraging to deal with him, I could not have known that you had already made the transaction and thought you were in n the same boat I was prior to the actual sale, hence my statements of relating it to my experience.

Again, please re-read my post keeping that in mind and it will make more sense as to what I said. Thanks.
You could have made your post about your experience without commenting on mine. Perhaps you should mind your own business?

It was obvious that my transaction was still in progress. Let it finish.

I dont need to re-read anything. I don't need to answer to you. Details were intentionally left out while the resolution was in progress.

Old 09-22-2015, 06:56 PM   #25
John7429
So update to my situation with Rodney with some details:

The tegu I received at first was not something I considered "grade A". I sent pictures to Rodney as instructed and he gave me some options to remedy the situation. He agreed/admitted to his mistake.

As I was in the market for a tegu and less interested in a refund, we agreed to a replacement. With the weekend in between all this and Rodney having vehicle issues, things took longer than desired.

In the end, we settled for a full refund and Rodney graciously sent back a little extra $ for my lost time. He also lost money in shipping the first animal to me and then back to him.

The total experience was NOT unpleasant. Rodney is, in my opinion, a solid individual doing a great service to Florida AND the feral tegus.

I would not hesitate to go to Tegus Only the next time I am in the market for a Tegu. Any claims he sends sickly animals is ridiculous. Every tegu (though not many) I've seen from Tegus Only has been super healthy.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:27 AM   #26
pagankoala
Hi my name is Don and i just bought a tegu from rodney this past thursday

Hey guys just wanted to let u know dealing with rodney was super easy and pleasant. I sent money thru PayPal Thursday July 14, 2016 and he gave me the tracking number at 9:50am Friday morning the next day. Now u can't get faster then that or expect more better then that. I will update u guys when I get my they buddy on how he is but I'm sure he will be perfect. Rodney answered my 3 calls right away and my last call he called me back within 5 mins he was awesome. I'm a Vet Tech in Lynchburg VA and have owned many reptiles in my life and ran my own reptile rescue in Tucson AZ when I was in college for veterinary science. I always take one of my reptiles to work to educate people on reptiles and show them what a joy they can be to have just like any dog or cat. Most people don't believe that reptiles are just mindless wild animals and this couldn't be further from the truth. I've changed countless peoples minds on this by taking my reptiles places with me and I wish more people like u guys and girls on this forum and Rodney existed in this world cause it would be a better place for us and all animals. Well anyway sorry for the rant in a little passionate about these things. I promise to update u soon but like u said Rodney is an amazing guy from my first hand experience.

Old 07-16-2016, 01:58 PM   #27
Pinky gecko girl
Bought 3 times from Rodney. And just resently also.
I get the B grades cause I feel they need more love.
I rehomed 5 and kept one.
I recommend his yearlings. The larger ones can be more feral than most are used to. Most have been really calm being yearlings from him. The one I kept from my last order was this week. He is a butt hole.. But pretty and should calm down with time. Right around 8 inches head to vent.
I recommend Rodney and really like what he does.
Have not had any issues. With service.
He gets back to me when I respond every time.
I recommend when buying any animal. Make sure you have money in hand before messaging anyone. Less time wasted with anything. He will get pictures of the tegus for you when your ready to purchase
Thanks for rescuing these tegus.
Keep it up

Old 07-26-2016, 12:39 PM   #28
pagankoala
I got my tegu Nyx a week ago she ate right away and is very healthy and very sweet I hold her all the time. Here is a pic of her.
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2016, 12:42 PM   #29
pagankoala
That they came from Rodney Erwin owner of Tegusonly and I had a quick and easy transaction and love my Nyx I got from him. I will buy from him again when my custom 10ft by 15ft reptile room is finished.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:53 PM   #30
tegusonly
Outstanding.

Thanks, it means a lot.

Rod

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!