2014 High Blue Rhino Ratsnake Male - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes

Notices

Old 08-11-2020, 08:24 PM   #1
Night10gail
2014 High Blue Rhino Ratsnake Male

Shipping now available! More photos coming soon.

Hatched August 2014 by South Hills Exotics from a grass green male and a teal female (I saw the parents at time of purchase,but don't have a photo of them). He has a sky blue ventral with the color bleeding up between the scales on the sides and his scales are bright green. Currently eating large f/t hoppers (multiple at a time) or small adult mice on the smaller side (he usually refuses to take larger prey & acts afraid of it) and will take live if you prefer. He also gets f/t whole silversides or live guppies/platies and whole baby chicken legs as a treat. Has a very strong feeding response so he'll rush outta his cage biting at everything. He shows readiness to breed (mate searching, loss of interest in food, etc) every year after an ambient air cooling during the winter (I leave a heat mat on, but drop the over all ambient air temperature). I have raised him according the the normal care used in the UK for Rhino ratsnakes, not the usual US method (ie. I do not spray the entire cage, water bowl is in the mid zone, water bowl is large enough to soak in, 24/7 humid hide in the mid temp zone, controlled limited ventilation to naturally trap air humidity from the water bowl, misting is very lightly done along the back wall weekly). At this time I want to offer him for local pick up in/near Lebanon PA for his safety because I've had mail delays on feeders.

Cost is $600 + shipping or free pick up in Lebanon, PA. For animal safety I will ship out on Tuesday or Wednesday to your nearest FedEx hub only (provide the address of the hub you want to use) as this will limit his time in the back of a FedEx van and limit any chance of arrival delay. Package must be picked up and any DOA/health claims made within 6 hours of arrival at the FedEx hub. A DOA claim must include a clear photo of the animal on it's back (belly up) and health claims must include a clear video/photo showing the ailment. Do note that mild dehydration some times occurs in shipping due to the prolonged time away from a bowl of water. I do use Lacey act labeling and fast animals before mailing in a Styrofoam lined box. Text 717-304-4487 for fastest response (I do have additional photos on my phone).
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 08-12-2020, 05:50 AM   #2
Jeff Schofield
Got any pics not under a blue light?

Old 08-12-2020, 05:27 PM   #3
Night10gail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Schofield View Post
Got any pics not under a blue light?
Photo is in natural sunlight. No bulbs or filters used. Perhaps my curtains are giving my room a blue tint. I will try getting another photo tomorrow with the curtains open and 1 with the camera flash. Check back late afternoon 8/13 for some additional photos to have been added.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-13-2020, 06:23 PM   #4
SnakeFancy
Outdoor pics in the shade would show the color best indoor photos never capture the true color

Old 08-13-2020, 06:56 PM   #5
Night10gail
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeFancy View Post
Outdoor pics in the shade would show the color best indoor photos never capture the true color
Thanks for the tip. I'll try getting him in an acrylic carrier tomorrow if it's nice before work and try to get some photos like that.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-16-2020, 02:43 PM   #6
Night10gail
New Photos

Some more photos, as requested. These were taken outside in the shade of my porch. Looks like his belly has gotten quite yellow, though you can still see the blue beneath. Now he does tend to really yellow up before he goes opaque for an upcoming shed then his belly goes back to being primary dominated by blues, so it could be temporary.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 08-16-2020, 02:49 PM   #7
Night10gail
I noticed he's got a small (about 1cm) piece of shed stuck on the end of his tail and it's really dark, so he may loose that small bit of tail. He's been uncooperative getting it off but we're doing soaks and I've raised humidity to try to get it off naturally. Due to this small imperfection and the fact that his belly is at this moment showing more yellow than blue (this does usually happen right before he goes opaque to shed then he's back to a bright blue belly), I am offering a small discount in the form of free shipping!. Don't see this species available often and he's over all lovely looking despite this flaw. He's also been handled since a baby and hook trained. He's still quite nippy 'cause he has a very strong feeding response and will bite at anything that moves half the time regardless of smell and his training, but he's far from an individual that's use to sitting untouched in a cage and he is use to human interaction.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-18-2020, 04:20 PM   #8
Night10gail
SOLD!
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!