Bad Guy Dishonest guy Jon Boone (User name Geitje) - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:34 AM   #91
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesherps View Post
Chris Kennard People are far more likely to trash talk you in this business than pay you a complement. The fact that you don't see people chiming in with them is a big sign. This is one issue from one person. You should probably take a step back and look at this with some perspective. Joe Hupp Australedonian Geckos
IMO, its how you handle the issues that arise that speak more to your business acumen than any multitude of smooth transactions. The friends of Jon that are blindly defending him without obviously taking everything in this situation into consideration are making him look worse, not better.

Jon's reputation does not excuse him from dropping the ball on this transaction with this customer. I don't know about you, but if I spend over a thousand dollars on some geckos, I'd *better* get *exactly* what I paid for, and not 6 months down the road. Thats just plain and utter ridiculousness.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:38 AM   #92
DavidBeard
Also.....pretty cute resurrecting Jon's good guy thread with 6 months of inactivity as soon as this thread comes to light. Do you guy's think we were all born yesterday? SMH.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:00 AM   #93
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesherps View Post
First off. Sitting around complaining about people you no nothing about doesn't make you look intelligent. Second Jon has been know for quality in the US and outside of it for over 30 years. Nothing was "orchestrated". Those are genuine people that know him or have bought from him. Nothing would stop people from complaining about him if there where issues? It's simply like saying Michael Jordan can't play ball. Has Jordan ever not made a shot...yea all of us have missed them on occasion. That doesn't mean we don't fix them. Go ahead and take the last word. I'm sure that's what makes you smile at the end of the day...sad. Joe Hupp Australedonian Geckos
One more thing Joseph. Michael Jorden didn't sell herps to Wai. Maybe you could call him and ask him to weigh in. I wonder if he would agree with you.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:07 AM   #94
DavidBeard
And, as of now.....Jon has "fixed" nothing.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:17 AM   #95
laterob
Resurrecting threads never works. I think they are usually done by well-wishers who don't see that they are doing more harm than help to the subject. Jon needs to make Wai whole, but I doubt the positive posts in this thread or the other one were his idea.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #96
Otter_23
Quote:
Originally Posted by allesuberschildkroten View Post
And explain how that's harsh for the seller, when he misadvertised? All he is really having to eat is the shipping... Thats not harsh IMO
and a male gecko valued around 400 hundred.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #97
Otter_23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankster View Post
Ok, if most people think it is fair for Jon send the full refund to his friend in LA, I am happy drive to LA meet his friend with two geckos for the refund, now let's wait for Jon to see if he agree with that.

Wai
I think that is fair and hopefully Jon replies soon.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #98
Celtic Constrictors
Wai, I think that is a fair way to resolve this. That being said, I don't recall seeing in the email correspondence you posted where Jon mentioned having a friend in LA. Was this something you and he talked about on a phone conversation or are there more emails containing that information?

Old 12-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #99
Celtic Constrictors
On Sep 5, 2013, at 6:12 AM, "Jon & Stacy Boone" <jsboone@cox.net> wrote:

> Hi Wai,
>
> WoW! I cannot believe that in such a short time that my "female"
> became such a male! I did not expect that. There is no doubt that the
> animal in that pic is a male. So, this is my mistake and I will fix
> it soon. At the moment, I only have very young animals, so will check
> with some friends and find you a female. Oddly enough, males are
> generally slightly harder to come by this year.
>
> What do you want to do with this 2nd male??? Keep it? Or?
>
> Also hoping that everything is well with you too!
>
> Best,
> Jon

Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:59 PM
To: Jon & Stacy Boone
Subject: Re: P rugosus pair

Hi Jon,

How are you? Any luck to find a female from your friends, how about your
friend in LA, did he keep this species?
Also maybe if you have extra hold back female, I really hope I can breed
them next season instead of 2015..
Really appreciate your help !!

Thanks
Wai

You are the one who made first mention of it. Just trying to figure out where you learned of this third party you plan on involving.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #100
Geitje
Despite all of the (expected) Jerry Springer-ism’s in a “BOI post”, I’ll help summarize the issue:
Problem – honest mistake of sexing young P. rugosus. Some period of time later discovered they were not 1.1
Buyer’s objective – to breed P. rugosus at 1st available opportunity – late summer 2014.
Seller’s objective – to help supply an appropriate female in time for the buyer’s objective (or, rather ASAP).
Solution – people stop driveling over that which does not matter, and get a female for the buyer ASAP.

The rest of the input here from those not involved does not really matter – which helps define why most people ignore this website.
The rest of the input from those who are involved – can be worked out. I generally do not tell someone that “animals are on their way from somewhere” until they get here alive and well 1st. To help keep the “pipes clean” I’m not interested every single theoretical detail - even for myself. If the person is a known breeder, and not some gypsy living out of the back of their car, the animal will come when ready (and in this case giving Wai a free rugosus for waiting). Female P. rugosus are not setting around on FB, KS or any other advertising medium known in the USA. So, with live commodities, sometimes a wait is inevitable. Did I expect this problem? Refer to definition of problem above. Solution? Refer to solution above. The original poster “suffering” ? What is suffering? Having 2.0 P. rugosus, as opposed to 1.1 P. rugosus – when the only difference in breed-ability, which will not be realized until summer 2014? If I were in the OP position (which I have been many times before) then I’m only out a few extra insects for feeding an unwanted male, and free to sale (since I’ve offered to let him keep it) it whenever the female arrives.

Wai is afraid to receive animals during suitable and normal shipping conditions during the summer? In the same respect, I seriously doubt he could ship live geckos back to me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!