Bad Guy Rhode Island Reptile Enclosures: Warning - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:47 AM   #31
Black Adder
Eric
I am still intrigued by the statement the vendor made that he had dropped of two temporary cages with heat and light to keep you going
is this true or more fantasy?
thank you

Old 03-18-2016, 08:13 AM   #32
shammond89
I did ask him, a few times actually. He just kept dodging the question and making excuses

Old 03-18-2016, 08:44 AM   #33
MissFirefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by shammond89 View Post
I did ask him, a few times actually. He just kept dodging the question and making excuses
At this point, think you have been more than patient and deserve a refund. Did you pay with PayPal and/or a credit card? If so, I would give him an opportunity to refund your money and if he does not answer or refuses would work with your credit card company on a charge back.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:46 AM   #34
shammond89
He told me this morning that he would. But Like with everything else he has said, we'll see

Old 03-18-2016, 09:15 AM   #35
Rhode Island Reptiles
it was not snow that slowed me down, It was the snap rain blast we got with, it caused all kinds of traffic.
Going to boston made me miss my second delivery to boylstown. It was all bad to say the least. Ive issued refunds to both of you per your request and do apologize for the headache.
I try to keep up and sometimes things get the best of me.

Eric, You can hold onto the loaner cages I dropped to you until you return from your trip, I don't want your animals to be homeless on count of me, just make sure you get that thermostat we discussed to keep the heat nominal. If you choose to still take your two cages we can arrange delivery when you return.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:23 AM   #36
Rhode Island Reptiles
we ended up stuck coming back...

Old 03-18-2016, 09:25 AM   #37
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode Island Reptiles View Post
it was not snow that slowed me down, It was the snap rain blast we got with, it caused all kinds of traffic.
Going to boston made me miss my second delivery to boylstown. It was all bad to say the least. Ive issued refunds to both of you per your request and do apologize for the headache.

Eric, You can hold onto the loaner cages I dropped to you until you return from your trip, I don't want your animals to be homeless on count of me, just make sure you get that thermostat we discussed to keep the heat nominal. If you choose to still take your two cages we can arrange delivery when you return.
So it would appear that Eric did indeed get two loaner cages which strikes me as exceptional service.
Sounds like the case here of a great number of custom cage makers, they start off small and then just get swamped with orders they cannot fulfill in a timely manner as word of mouth spreads.
Then it ends up being a backwards slide as they then seem to hate to tell the customer the truth in fear, I assume, that they will go elsewhere.
Trust me I would rather be told delivery was going to be 8 weeks upfront than 2 to 3 weeks and it ends up being 8 weeks with lots of frustration inbetween until it ends up at this stage with a negative BOI thread

Old 03-18-2016, 09:28 AM   #38
MissFirefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode Island Reptiles View Post

Am glad you are making this right and do believe that you are not out to scam anyone or be a "bad guy" but communication is key when running a business. If you cannot make a deadline or a delivery then you should be up front about that instead of turning off your phone and/or not responding to messages.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:40 AM   #39
Rhode Island Reptiles
Yes, Due to the delay on my end I drove out to Boston and dropped off 2 48x24x12's black PVC cages with 80w radiant heat and Lighting.

these things happen and I wish they didnt, Your absolutely right about getting hammered, Usually we due pretty well with 21 business day turn around but when other factors come into play it really does slow things down. Hoping to overcome these problems in the future.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:42 AM   #40
Rhode Island Reptiles
about the phone thing... , my "day Job" does not allow the use of cell phones due to equipment and servers etc. we work in mechanical rooms and basemtns where most networking equipment is held, Generally speaking there is little to no service,

When i don't answer it's never on purpose, Which is why, when you don't hear from me and i text, Again one day I can do the building full time and not have to deal with those types of issues.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!