BRANDON AT REPTIRUS- REALLY BAD GUY. - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:12 AM   #141
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBayGeckos
Hey Now...

thats harsh.

I sent that email to him to see if he thinks that offer is reasonable. I have no problem shipping the geckos back to him before getting my money back. It was just a proposition, a negotiation starting point, "my ideal resolution", so to speak.

I have experience dealing with "customers" as I am a chef and I also used to work as a Graphic Design for a major cooperation.

Trust me, I know how to treat people well.

I just don't at all respect feeling cheated.
That's harsh? You know how to deal with customers? You know how to treat people well?

How harsh was posting a "Really Bad Guy" thread against the guy before giving him a chance to make things right? Prior to this thread you had 1 post on this entire site, over the course of 8 hours you have posted 51 times to this thread, all the while knowing the guy wasn't home to respond, making unrealistic demands in private while roasting the guy in public. You don't respect feeling cheated? How exactly do you think he feels when he comes home and sees you blasting him all day and evening? You wonder why he didn't feel like accommodating your "ideal resolution"? Then you expect him to trust you to keep your word because you said "you promise"? Wow...

Old 11-21-2007, 01:13 AM   #142
SouthBayGeckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove

This is an unreasonable attack on me as a person.

please just try to place yourself in my shoes. and then in his.

Imagine, waiting... for that breeding pair to arrive... opening it up, and finding a deformed gecko... that you paid $400 for. (the pair).

What would be your first thoughts? Wouldn't you have been devastated by this as a breeder starting out? How would you have handled it, and how would you have expected it to have been handled?

Being on the sellers side, I would want my customers to be over 100% satisfied. If I found out that I had neglected to tell someone something, or shipped a gecko that obviously was not as I described, I would immediately contact them and offer a prompt refund for the item in discussion.

If you have ever dealt with me, you would know that my communication is top notch. That is my highest priority.

But thats just me.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:15 AM   #143
SouthBayGeckos
By the way, I don't use this site as I find it hard to navigate.

I use occasionally, and most of the time, I'm not at all involved in any forums.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:17 AM   #144
SouthBayGeckos
I use then occasionally,and most of the time I'm not involved in any of the forums... sorry for the way that was typed.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:26 AM   #145
SouthBayGeckos
Just think about this situation. Imagine opening up the box and finding a deformed gecko, being a new breeder.

There is no reason to be rude on this forum, I'm just trying to work things out. I started this thread on the advise of someone else I trust.

Once Again, I apologize if it seemed premature. But, don't bash me for asking for this to be resolved. Who wants to be out money for a deformed gecko?

and how am I suppose to trust that when I send the gecko back I will get my money back, when the seller was the one who was either oblivious or dishonest about the deformed gecko in the first place?

Old 11-21-2007, 01:26 AM   #146
Gecko_Den
Quote:
This is an unreasonable attack on me as a person.
I don't know you well enough as a person, all I have to go on is what I have seen in this thread. Based on your actions here nothing I have posted was "unreasonable" or an "attack".

Quote:
please just try to place yourself in my shoes. and then in his.
Sound advice; you should try taking it...

Quote:
What would be your first thoughts? Wouldn't you have been devastated by this as a breeder starting out? How would you have handled it, and how would you have expected it to have been handled?
I would have contacted the seller and explained the situation and seen how he wanted to handle things. You said yourself it wasn't a "life threatening" issue so jumping up and running to the vet was a bit premature. Posting a thread calling him a bad guy 10 minutes after getting home from the vet was totally uncalled for, and blasting the guy to the tune of 50+ posts over the course of 8 hours, knowing he wasn't home to respond was just ridiculous.

Quote:
Being on the sellers side, I would want my customers to be over 100% satisfied. If I found out that I had neglected to tell someone something, or shipped a gecko that obviously was not as I described, I would immediately contact them and offer a prompt refund for the item in discussion.
You didn't give him much chance to make you satisfied. And he did offer you a refund in his first reply to you.

Quote:
If you have ever dealt with me
It is safe to say that is a road we will never have to travel.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:29 AM   #147
SouthBayGeckos
Sam , you're being absolutely ridiculous.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:43 AM   #148
reptirus
Ok everyone, sorry it took me so long to get to this post. I actually was not around a computer to read this until now. Thanks Stef for letting me know about it.

To start things off, the first thing I notice about Brittanys post... The very first post in this thread is posted at 5:59. She then again posts at 6:15 claiming that she had just received a response from me. I just checked Outlook and this message was sent at 17:00 (5 PM) a whole hour before this thread was even started! I obviously am trying to get to the bottom of all of this and trying to do the correct thing. She emails me about a problem with a lump on the females hip which I did not see when packaging the female up, nor did I see it anytime before that. I ask her for pictures of it, she sends me pictures and tells me that it has had a vet exam and tells me that the Vet claims its either MBD, a broken but healed bone, or a congenital bone deformity. I have a hard time believing that it could be any of those 3 so I ask for the information of the vet that has examined this animal, a number I could reach the vet at myself to get to the bottom of this mess, and a copy of the vet report. I received the vets information but still didn't receive a copy of the vet report, so I patiently waited for it. I had bowling league at 6, so I left the house around 5:30 still not hearing back from Brittany with a copy of the report. I then come home to this mess!
To answer Sams question about the timeline of all of the events, The geckos were shipped to her Monday, she received the gecko on Tuesday, she says it was 11:00 and that sounds about right. She called me and told me about the gecko. I told her that this is very odd because I didn't notice anything like this when packaging, or any other time for that matter, that it was a possibility that something could have happened during shipping to give the gecko some time to settle in and see if the "lump" could possibly be tender tissue or something of the sort. She emails me a few minutes later telling me she is taking the gecko to the vet. I then once again told her that I feel that she should give the gecko time to see if this is really an issue or just something odd from shipping that will heal on its own. She still insisted she take it to the vets. She contacted me again probably 2 hours after this telling me what the vet had told her. Here and I exchanged a few emails threwout the next few hours discussing things. The whole time I told her that if there is something wrong with the gecko, I will make the situation right. I asked for the vet report and the other good stuff I talked about in the beginning of this post, and never got all of it back from her. and now we are here, 127 posts later!

She makes it sound as this gecko is an eye sore, but yet she has told me herself that the gecko looks great besides the bump on its hip and that she could understand how it was overlooked!

I am also questioning Brittanys motives on all of this. I feel that she went way out of hand posting a BOI report after I told her time after time I would make this right. I am reading threw the thread and in post # 15 she says "that I knew about this and it ridiculously obvious" but yet in an email she tells me that she could see how it was overlooked? This is ridiculous,after I am finished making this post I will repost ALL emails so everyone else can also see how she is being caught up in her own words.

Post # 23, what have you heard about my shipping and shipping materials in the past? I am very curious to know this considering I have never shipped anything in any box besides a box from superior enterprises, have always also used the deli cups from them, and have always checked to see if a hot or cold pack was needed. Are you just trying to make up stuff to try to make yourself look better? Seriously thats just ridiculous!

Post #26 She says that she does not expect me to pay for vet bills, but yet in an email I received from her today she states that I should pay 50%? Once again, why the story change?

Post #30 something? On the matter of me blaming DHL. I did not blame DHL for giving my gecko MBD or what ever Brittany is claiming it has, I said that it is possible that the gecko was shaken up during the ship, via someone dropping the package or throwing it or something. Considering that I had not noticed this enlarged hip before the ship, it seems reasonable to me that it could possibly have been some swelling that happened because of the gecko being bounced around during the shipment. I never once tried to diagnose the gecko, or say that is what happened, I stated it could be a possibility to what happened. If the gecko really does have a problem besides swelling, then it obviously was not DHLs fault. We all know that just because the box says handle with care, doesn't mean someone at the airport gives a crap....

Post #56, this gecko is not listed on my for sale page. I planned on breeding her in this upcoming season. I decided to drop the project since so many other people are already working on it. The gecko in question is actually listed on my gallery page.

Post #80. Brittany I do not feel it is careless to allow someone else to ship the gecko for me. This is not just a random person. This is another breeder, who as been breeding and shipping reptiles for longer than I have. I trust her, and trust her to ship my animals properly. If Kelli or Marcia were your neighbor and for some reason you had a shipment due out that you were going to have trouble meeting. Would you have a problem asking them to ship this shipment out for you? No because you know they know what they are doing and they would ship the animal correctly for you! You would trust them because you know that they know what they are doing. I do not feel I have done anything wrong by letting stef throw a heatpack in the box for me and tape it shut. Yes she pulled the geckos out of the box and looked at them and placed them back in, so what? I am not seeing the problem here.

Post #81. Just because the box doesn't have a crushed corner doesn't mean that it didn't fall or get tossed. If you drop a box on the floor it doesn't always get damaged, but that doesn't mean that what is inside of it did not get shaken by the fall. Also it seemed like someone gave you a brand new box because it was a brand new box, I only ship using boxes that were never used before.

Post #86, Marcia I cannot tell you how the gecko looked before the tape was placed on the box, but I can tell you how it looked probably approximately an hour before that. Once again I trust Stef with any of my animals. None of this is her fault, she was only doing what a good friend would do, and helped me out by shipping the package for me.

Post 91. Marcia states that the condition could have become much worse when shipped. Otherwise from what I understand she is saying that the bump could have been not very noticable at all (possibly why I never saw it?) and then it was brought out due to a number of reasons which she listed in post #91. A few other people in posts previous to this one also stated that my picture looks different than the pics posted by Brittany, farther supporting the fact that it may not have been visible here, or if it was, it was very minimal.

Post # 105. I did not answer your phone calls because for 1, it is extremely hard to hear, or be able to be heard on the other end of the phone, for 2, stef had already notified of of the BOI post and I was obviously very angry about being made out to be a bad guy over this when I obviously have had very great communication and am trying to get to the bottom of this and correct this problem. 3rd reason I did not answer was because of the way this has all went, I do not wish to have any phone conversations over the matter, I want everything to be handled over the BOI so this way no detail can be left out and everyone can see that I am trying to make this right and am not a bad guy, that if anyone Brittany is the one who is not cooperating and holding things up.

As far as not wanting to hold the gecko over the weekend, you dont really have a choice, you cant ship her back tomorrow because Thursday is thanksgiving, and you obviously cant ship Friday, if you even could in the first place.

Post 107. I'm not sure if you are trying to bash me in this post or defend the fact that I actually do get out of my house to do things, I dont sit on the BOI 24/7 posting things, even when they are totally uncalled for and irrelevant to the situation?

Post 110. Brittany I am not cracking on you for any hobby that you might have or how important it is or isn't, I would appreciate it if you would keep irrelevant and rude comments out of this thread.

Post #111. Thank you for posting your experience Maggie, I feel this is a good example of why I feel that packages are not always treated with care during the ship and why I questioned at first that maybe it was injured during the ship.

Post #117 The fact that the animals are so docile and obviously plump, practically proves the fact that I did take good care of them, and handled them quite a good bit. Which puzzles me even more on how this lump could have been there before I shipped and me not see it.

Post #120. If you are interested in adopting the gecko,

Post #128 on. As I stated in the email, you brought this to the BOI, so lets handle it here. I have just over an hour and a half reading threw these posts and preparing my rebuttal, thats why I have yet to post on here until now. Bill, my team actually won tonight, we took 21 of 24 possible points, it was a blowout.

Post # 131 I have handled the whole situation very well so far. Seeing that you pulled this was a total slap in the face and completely ridiculous, how did you expect me to respond? I wanted everything to be civil and fair, but you blew that out of the water by calling be a "REALLY BAD GUY"

Post #135. John DHL actually does allow the shipment of live animals. I had to fill out a paper and turn it in to them.

Post # 141. Thank you Sam you hit the nail on the head on this one. I appreciate the support.

Post #142. Brittany you say this is an unreasonable attack on you. I view this whole thread as an unreasonable attack on me! Once again I repeat myself for the 1,000th time, I have been trying to resolve this matter the whole time! I have done nothing wrong. Apparently I missed a lump on this female, which it has already been stated in this thread multiple times that it could have been much less of a bump, and easily overlookable before I shipped.

To sum it all up. Brittany, I am willing to refund the female for you. I you saying that the gecko is worth $200 is totally ridiculous though! I should this to you as a package deal with shipping included, you paid $400 for a mack bell male and a mack het bell female shipped. You subtract the $50 for shipping, which may have actually cost even more, and you are left with $350 for the geckos. They are both Macks, but the male is a visual bell, the female is only a het, how do you figure that the female is worth more than the male? I purchased the male from JMG Reptile and paid $320 for him. JMG currently has a snow bell male listed on their site for $275 and he is only 12 grams! The male you received is probably somewhere around 65 grams! He i easily worth $275 if thats what a 12 gram male is worth. Here is what I am willing to do. If you are interested in keeping this gecko as a pet, I will only charge you $50 for her. I raised her up from approximately 15 grams, I feel that $50 is a reasonable adoption cost for a leopard gecko that has been in my care for that long. I am pricing the male at $250 and the female at $100. I feel the male is worth more than that, but if I priced him at what I feel he is truly worth then you didn't really spend much on the female at all, so I am playing with my prices to try to be fair about this, even though I feel I did give you a diecent deal on these origionally. So if yo would like to keep this female as a pet, I will refund you $50 since its $50 to adopt her and she is worth $100. If you are not willing to adopt her then I will refund you her total value of $100 apon receiving her again. Those are the 2 options I see being reasonable considering the consequences. Honestly I feel you took quite a cheap shot on me pulling this, so dont expect me to work with you much more than this...

Old 11-21-2007, 01:43 AM   #149
LakesideBoas
Whoa!!!

I think we all need to take deep breaths here...count to one hundred...breathe in through your nose, out through the mouth...

Okay, everyone feel better now?

Brandon is not going to get involved with this at all if we keep hounding leach other like this. Brittney already admits that she emoted instead of rationalised. I've done that in the past and I sure a lot of you have too.

In all due fairness, Sam, I would have taken the gecko to the vet also. What if there had been a broken bone or a dislocation? You'd want to know that so the animal doesn't suffer, wouldn't you? Unless you have ex-ray vision, you can't tell that just by looking.

Brittney, I would not expect him to pay for the vet visit. As I mentioned before, if you want to breed at some point in the future you should take all of you breeders in, so I feel that is an expense you would have incurred regardless although perhaps not this soon.

Lets give Brandon some time to read this thread and communicate with Brittney and see what comes of it. Lambasting her is accomplishing nothing.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:48 AM   #150
reptirus
LoL thank you Maggie, during the course of just cutting my response that I had typed out of notepad, pasting it into fauna and spell checking it, almost a whole extra page was added to this thread. It actually took me 2 and a half hours after it was all said and done to deal with this, not the hour and a half i originally posted.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!