ID Help - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-07-2006, 07:51 AM   #11
John217
and some poeple "simply" don't know how to read. If I had wanted your opinion on where this snake may or may not live, then I would have asked for it. As it stands... I couldnt care less - so get over it? Seriously. Stop lingering. Its getting old.
I asked for ID not location.

Anyway.

Definitely not a red tailed pipe snake, and I am 100% sure it had a red rattle. Its pretty hard to mistake them for something else.

Old 06-07-2006, 07:54 AM   #12
John217
[Edit] Some thing THE SHAPE of a red rattle, whether or not it had a rattle in it, I'm not sure.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:51 AM   #13
BWSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by John217
, and I am 100% sure it had a red rattle. Its pretty hard to mistake them for something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John217
Some thing THE SHAPE of a red rattle, whether or not it had a rattle in it, I'm not sure
Must of googled "rattlesnake" in that 3 minute time span and discovered that I have not stated any opinions, only facts.

So just to be clear, now the end of the snake's tail was red and textured similar to a rattle?

Here is every reptile native to the Philippines, knock yourself out.
http://arcbc.org/cgi-bin/abiss.exe/l...t.htm&iso3=PHL

Old 06-07-2006, 12:40 PM   #14
Tim Cole
Along with that...

I have an extensive Herpetological Library with 24 books specific to Rattlesnakes alone and 6 books that cover the Philippines and I cannot find a snake that fits your description. The odds of it being a Rattlesnake are very slim not to mention the description does not match any known Rattlesnake. Maybe the snake had a tail injury or something to give the appearance of a rattle? Pics would be nice or a sighting from another person.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:10 PM   #15
John217
Pictures would be relatively impossible seeing as I'm now back in the UK and I only saw this snake on one occasion.

B.W. If you had read and quoted my post in context then you would have perhaps understood that my edit was stating "I am 100% sure that it HAD something THE SHAPE of a red rattle, whether or not it had a rattle in it, I'm not sure"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!