Need help with major delemma - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Miscellaneous > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics not appropriate for the Miscellaneous sales, wanteds, or trade forums.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #1
harleydan1956
Need help with major delemma

sold 2 ball Python Females to a man in Philadelphia Pa last October. He put a deposit down, which was fine. Then his house got hit by Hurricane Sandy. Major damage. He had to take his snakes somewhere else to care for them while his house was being fixed.
I told him not to worry, I could keep snakes till spring if necessary. He promised to pay a little more for my trouble if I would. We talked after Christmas, about the Holidays, His son, anything that came to mind and he thanked me many times about being patient. E-mailed back and forth many times.
The Delemma? The last I heard from him was Feburary 15th. He e-mailed me and said total payment would be made in 2 weeks. No payment has been made. And that was 7 weeks ago. I have e-mailed him with No response at all. I have called him 4 times. But it says his Voice mail box is full.
Not wanting to do the wrong thing... but I believe I have been fair. The deal was he was supposed to pay for them within 1 month originally, but I lengthened it to Spring, since the damage. But if he failed to make the payments, money was forfeited. He hasn't contacted me in 7 weeks..
These are 2 pinstripe 100% het hypo females that now weigh close to 300 grams each. I even got them on rats for him... Should they go back on the market? I have feeling about it both ways.....

Old 04-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
bcr229
If you have his address send him a registered letter, return receipt requested, stating that if you do not receive payment in full by X date then you will be refunding his money, less any costs to cover feeding and care since March 1 when the final payment was due. Since you have been unable to make contact by phone or email, I would push the date out another 30 days to give time for the USPS to deliver the letter.

Also, have you tried looking for the guy on facebook, or googled his name to see if an obituary pops up?

Old 04-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
I think trying to send the letter like Melinda says is a good idea if you want to go the extra mile and ensure you've done everything possible to contact the guy. As for the payments already made, if any was a deposit, it's forfeit then return the balance (or in full if no deposit) back to the buyer with a note advising you are cancelling the sale due to lack of response and payments not made in a timely manner (assuming it was done via paypal). Edit to add - Just re-read and you did say the payments made would be forfeit, so there you go. If you want to return any as a good-faith show fantastic but as long as he was clear on the terms, you are well in your rights to just end the transaction.

Good luck!

Old 04-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
Metachrosis
You are under no obligations,buyer agreed to your terms
You have already personally exceeded the agreed terms by allowing an extension.
Send a letter of default to the buyer notifying them of exceeding your terms and the forfeiture of future business.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
harleydan1956
Problem.. I don't have his physical address. it is not listed with Paypal. All I have are phone number and e-mail address. He was to give it to me when final payment was made... I really want to get the snakes to him.. his deposit was 50% of the cost and I hate to see him lose it. With his voice mailbox being full....I keep thinking maybe something happened to him. I wanted to send a letter, checked everywhere I can think of.. but no address listed....

Old 04-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #6
Durante
I'm about 30 minutes from Philadelphia & even though we did get some rain & very strong winds that caused issues. A lot of folks had to run off generators for a few days & a few had repairs that definitely set them back a few bucks which could be the case here. I work for a telecom company & the repairs due to fallen trees & such were clean up pretty fast. The largest issue we had was with power due to flooding in our central offices & even though I'm sure there may be one somewhere still that is getting repaired or something, I haven't heard of any lately. Basically I'm trying to say at this point you probably should have been contacted by now & even though want to say continue trying to reach him through the means available to you I by no means feel your obligated to continue holding the animals if you have a buyer. I know the cost of caring for 2 ball pythons may not be much but there are other factors that are related. As mentioned above your terms have exceeded & you were even kind enough to grant an extension & understanding during a rough period no one had control over.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!