Bad Guy Bigchin at LA habra exotic pets, not a stand up guy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:18 AM   #1
Afrock86
Bigchin at LA habra exotic pets, not a stand up guy

I recently had what was supposed to be a transaction about a northern Brazilian boa from belem, that he did not hold up his end of the agreement on. On messages him on here telling him that I was interested in purchasing the boa but had all my bills due that week, and asked if he could take half now and I'll have the half in a week to two weeks. He replied saying he does not do payment plans, but he can hold onto the boa, for its not even for sale at his shop. He then told me to contact him in a couple of weeks and sent his terms of payment, etc along with the post. This was on the 9th. I messaged him back on the 15th letting him know I had the funds, monday or Tuesday was the best time to ship for me, and to send his PayPal info and the total for shipping. So I waited a week, heard nothing. Waited some more, still nothing. So I messaged him again asking what was going on with the boa. I even emailed him through here. Nothing. So I did some research on here and found out that since the 9th he has been on here multiple times posting animals for sale. All my sent messages are marked that they've been read, and I found his shops website and fb, where I found the boa that he said he did not have up for sale, up for sale on both sites. So I called him on the 26th but he wasn't there. The guy who answered the phone told me when he'd be in next and I then asked if they still had the northern Brazilian boa for sale, which he then replied that he did.

So I call yesterday and Chin answer's the phone. I explain who I am, why i am calling and what a going on with this boa. "Well I have a local guy interested in the boa" was his response. So I ask him why he never messaged me to tell me this and he offered the boa to someone else even though he said he would hold it for me? His reply was that it was "too hot to ship and he doesn't want to risk shipping a boa out". Yet none of this was reported back to me. I've been ordering animals offline for a decade and have never been denied a transaction bc of weather. Holding out shipment? Yes, but this guy is full of bs. So again I ask him, why did you not tell me this?! He then tells me he literally just emailed me. Guess what, email was not in my inbox or spam folder. He then proceeds to tell me that he will contact the local guy and see how serious he is, if not he will email me today (real time) and let me know. I say ok, which I regret doing, and then we hang up the phone. Well considering this guy has not responded to me, and I even sent him an email regarding not receiving his email which he told me he sent, I have decided to end this transaction. I went to message him this morning to tell him I'm done and that I'll be writing my experience up on here. Well I can't send it bc his inbox has met capacity. So here I am. Below I have all the messages, pics of said animal he said he didn't have for sale at his shop that is up for sale at his shop, and some other stuff I saved.

Also between the 9th and the 24th he has posted a few more animals up for sale, none of which specify him not bring able to ship atm bc of weather.

[IMG]
[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 07-27-2016, 12:36 PM   #2
Afrock86
He also kept getting me mixed up with someone residing in alabama, so I'm guessing there's someone in Alabama going through the same bs I'm going through.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:07 PM   #3
chazzz
Dakota I believe you dodged a bullet. That's not a Belem and it sure isn't a Lemke/King NB. Lemke's line was not from Belem and Kerry King had a line of South Brazilian Bca not NB Bcc. In fact that's not even a North Brazilian, I would put a wager on it. Looks like a recent Suriname or Guyanan import.

I will say that no responsible person would have even entertained trying to ship from southern CA. It's been breaking a 100 degrees everyday.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:29 PM   #4
Afrock86
Thanks for the info chaz. I don't know much about lemurs north brazilians nor kings, but it''s puzzle piece saddles match that of a belem, and the long red tail is the big distinction from a belem and reg northern brazilian. But since I'm not up to date on the lineage I'll take your word for it. I get what you're saying about the weather, I understand not shipping due to it. But that doesn't mean the transaction is cancelled. We just have to wait for a break in the weather. I think it was just the quickest excuse to use.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:31 PM   #5
Afrock86
Lemke* not lemurs

Old 07-27-2016, 03:22 PM   #6
bcr229
The weather issue also doesn't excuse the lack of communication. I've bought animals and had to deal with weather delays in shipping - the worst was for four months one winter - but the seller was always responsive to my emails.

Asking you to send PP Friends and Family or with extra added for the fees doesn't sit well either.

Old 07-27-2016, 03:26 PM   #7
chazzz
It's possible that it has Belem in it and another line or two. But the pairing didn't make sense to say it was a Belem. So the flags went up quick for me.

Old 03-30-2018, 06:00 AM   #8
bigchin
Just letting you know that there was no agreement except for the fact that I would take a message or call from you when you were ready in two weeks. I didn't say anything about holding it at all in the messages. I actually stated that I "preferred full payment". I do apologize for not making that clear. We should have been communicating more by phone once it was agreed upon. I had another person make an offer in between the week or so you contacted me who was local. Of course, I would have not preferred shipping from CA when too hot, which I think we also discussed.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:07 AM   #9
Insomniac101
I doubt that the customer cares at this point; it's been going on two years!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!